Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #46
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladora View Post
general rudeness annoys me.

I'm Canadian though, polite is bred into us, eh.
There. You dropped that. What kind of stereotypical Canadian foreigner are you anyway? Eh?
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #47
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
If that annoys you so much, maybe WDW is not the best vacation for you. Maybe you can find a quieter, more isolated place or a place where they only yell in 'merican so you can have a more enjoyable time
I don't get what so many of you are getting from her post. She went to CoP, an attraction with essentially no action and all talk. I think she would have been just as irritated had the family behind her jabbered loudly in English the entire time. It seems logical that one of the main reasons the family jabbered in Spanish the entire time is because they didn't understand the English being spoken in the attraction, were bored/clueless and decided to chat. Had they spoken English, they might have been less bored/clueless and chatted less. A family who spoke English would very likely have been less bored/chatted less because they had a clue what was being said by the CoP characters.

She wasn't griping about walking through the park and hearing people speaking Spanish. She wasn't griping about hearing Spanish while dining at CRT. She was griping about being in an attraction that is almost completely SPOKEN and not being able to hear because the family behind her (who could not understand the spoken aspect) decided to talk loudly over the spoken words of CoP.

The fact that it was a Spanish speaking family actually IS key here. It makes it much more probably that the attraction was a poor fit for them as they could not understand what was being said and did not enjoy it. Yes, it is possible they COULD understand English and decided to talk loudly anyway. In that case, they were even more rude.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #48
CynJ
Caffeinated Insomniac

People that scream at cast members who are trying to help them (or scream at cast members for things out of their control eg a ride being down for rehab)

Trying to watch a parade/show *around* everyone's held up camera phones/ipads (this is a universal pet peeve for me, you can't go anywhere anymore without this problem)

And this one will get me lambasted I'm sure- but I really dislike seeing women breastfeeding uncovered in public. I have nothing against breastfeeding as a rule, but I just don't want to see it.

1991 - Caribbean Resort
2002 - All Star Movies
2014 - Art of Animation
CynJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #49
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
There. You dropped that. What kind of stereotypical Canadian foreigner are you anyway? Eh?
Oh no! I am SO sorry I missed that!

Please accept my most sincere apologies along with a 10 pack of timbits and a medium double double.

WDW next year maybe?
Aladora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #50
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynJ View Post
People that scream at cast members who are trying to help them (or scream at cast members for things out of their control eg a ride being down for rehab)

Trying to watch a parade/show *around* everyone's held up camera phones/ipads (this is a universal pet peeve for me, you can't go anywhere anymore without this problem)

And this one will get me lambasted I'm sure- but I really dislike seeing women breastfeeding uncovered in public. I have nothing against breastfeeding as a rule, but I just don't want to see it.

ETA: I can't really think of any pet peeves of things that happen at Disney.

Pet peeves in general, bad tippers and ppl who are rude to restaurant servers.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #51
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
She was griping about being in an attraction that is almost completely SPOKEN and not being able to hear because the family behind her (who could not understand the spoken aspect) decided to talk loudly over the spoken words of CoP.
Nope, she is griping about FOREIGN PEOPLE not shutting up during attractions. Not just people talking loudly behind her but specifically foreign people. Why did that distinction need to be made? Why not just complain about people in general talking loudly? What people here are getting from her post is that she dislikes when foreign people talk loudly during an attraction, not that she dislikes it when people talk.

I can't even give an analogy to this without sounding racist myself and for the record, MIGrandma, there is no politically correct way to say what you are trying to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
Mine is foreign people (people from other countries, nationalities, whatever is the politically correct way of saying it ) not shutting up during attractions that you need to be listening to.

WDW next year maybe?
Old 09-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #52
Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF DISNEY LOVER
Mom to 2 beautiful young ladies
SIGNS TO OLDIES ON THE RADIO

People that cross in front of my powered wheelchair too close. It is asking to be clipped.
The occasional CM who lies to me. Don't tell me they never allow something when I have been allowed to do it before as an accommodation.
The CM who assumes that my wheelchair is the only need for accommodation and refuses to look at the card.
Not being able to go every month

Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF Disney Lover
Talking Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #53
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Tablet picture takers.

How the 'free' dining and dining plans in general have so severely degraded the dining experience at WDW.

Parents screaming at their kids.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #54
Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF DISNEY LOVER
Mom to 2 beautiful young ladies
SIGNS TO OLDIES ON THE RADIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigletsPal2 View Post
My pet peeve is all you "furriners" who just don't seem to understand that we Flori-duh residents are more important than any of you "turrists!" After all, you know what they say about furriners - they're not from around here! (Now removing tongue from cheek.)

Queen Colleen

Edited to add: I'll bet if I thought about it long enough, I could write that post in Spanish!
LOL. I could write it in Spanish too living in Miami.

Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF Disney Lover
Talking Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #55
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Foreigners. Seriously? ONLY foreigners talk during attractions? You really haven't been paying attention then. 9 times out of 10 when I have felt the need tell someone to shut the hell up it has been someone speaking perfectly fluent English. Usually with a pronounced American regional accent.
Personally, I don't like talking on the rides and other attractions, but if someone is going to do it, I would rather it be in a language I can understand. Then I can roll my eyes at them without feeling guilty or worried that they are talking about how they just felt a massive tumor under their arm and need to go to the hospital as soon as they can get off the ride.
Quote:
People who scream for the sake of screaming.

For instance, HM stretching room. Many kids hate the room and are scared by it, adults screaming incessantly only makes it worse.

Just about every peeve falls under the general heading of "people who are rude", be it pushing in front of kids at parades or not saying please and thank you, general rudeness annoys me.

I'm Canadian though, polite is bred into us.
Amen. I took my daughter to WDW when she was two for her first visit and was concerned about the stretching room. I knew she could handle the rest of the ride, but that room is easily the scariest part. She handled it like a champ. In fact, she was begging to go on it again and again. Around our 4th time, though, we were in there with a group of high schoolers who were having a great time. They screamed at the top of their lungs when the lights when out and then one girl screamed, "We're all going to die!" Scared my daughter half to death.

Also, a joke for you. My husband told it to me and he was told it by his Canadian boss: Ah Canada. The one country that had the ability to get France's food, American's technology, and England's manners. Instead, they opted for England's food, France's technology, and America's manners.

I really don't like the general inconsideration for other guests or children (your own or other guests). For example, last December I was sitting down waiting for the parade during MVMCP to start. The child next to me hadn't been looking so hot for a while and had been saying that his stomach hurt. Well, he threw up. The parents told him that they had spent a lot of money to be there, handed him some baby wipes to clean up his shirt a bit, covered the vomit with a rain poncho, and told him to sit down. Come on. Talking on rides, taking pictures on the dark rides, cutting in line, and things of that nature all fall into this category. The way I see it, if everyone would just think about those around them, everyone would have a great vacation.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #56
pieface
Mouseketeer

I don't care what language people speak doesn't bother me I just smile and wave hello. My pet peeve is.
They did away with 20,000 leagues under the sea, alien encounter, no Mr toads wild ride, snow whites scary adventure, body wars

Big pretzel at Norway used to be covered with icing, Angel food cake at prime time gone, citrus swirls not as good, key lime pie gone from most counter service, soft ice cream and fruit combo, German potatoes salad gone, Hollywood studios used to be M.G.M. counter service sucks. Hawaiian chicken salad sandwiches gone. Napkins Mickey gone plain old napkins now.

EPCOT bridge used to be decorated for Christmas Disney stopped decorations it was beautiful. Country bears not decorated for Christmas anymore. Christmas tree hats not for sale.

Disney seems to be getting cheap on things but I'm still addicted to the place.
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #57
chiefmickeymouse
DIS Veteran

The things that bother me are people behaving badly. Combat stroller drivers, people yelling at their small kids, line jumpers, pushing shoving, just basic ridiculousness.
chiefmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #58
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
Also, a joke for you. My husband told it to me and he was told it by his Canadian boss: Ah Canada. The one country that had the ability to get France's food, American's technology, and England's manners. Instead, they opted for England's food, France's technology, and America's manners.
Please...Poutine, the CanadaArm and our social safety net, thank you.

WDW next year maybe?
Old 09-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #59
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Please...Poutine, the CanadaArm and our social safety net, thank you.

A brit would have had the manners to not correct me.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #60
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
A brit would have had the manners to not correct me.
A Brit would not have said please and thank you.

WDW next year maybe?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: