Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
stainbas
Earning My Ears

Question re "one per day" on dining plan

I'm staying for 6 nights with the dining plan. Is "one table service meal per day" literal, or does it mean that I have 6 table service credits for the trip? For example, I have Chef Mickey reservations for breakfast one morning, using 2 credits. Does that mean that I can't use a table service credit for a dinner, or does it mean that I can use a dining credit that night, but I will only have 3 remaining table service credits for the trip?
stainbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainbas View Post
I'm staying for 6 nights with the dining plan. Is "one table service meal per day" literal, or does it mean that I have 6 table service credits for the trip? For example, I have Chef Mickey reservations for breakfast one morning, using 2 credits. Does that mean that I can't use a table service credit for a dinner, or does it mean that I can use a dining credit that night, but I will only have 3 remaining table service credits for the trip?
It means that you have 6 total.

Alesia is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dining plan credits are based on the number of nights on your reservation. You state that you have a 6 night reservation, so you have six table service credits, six QS credits, and six snack credits (assuming you're on the regular DDP) per person on your reservation. So, for example, if you have two adults on your reservation, you'd have 12 TS, 12 QS, and 12 snack credits to be used among you (credits are pooled on the reservation; they're not assigned to a specific individual). They can be use whenever you want during the course of your stay from when you check-in until 11:59 pm on the day you check out.

If you wanted to eat a TS meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, you can do that. It would mean using up three TS credits (assuming no 2 TS locations) in one day, but that's fine. That would leave your three TS credits for the rest of your trip.

Chef Mickey's only takes 1 TS credit per person. So, if this was the first place you went, you would have 5 TS credits remaining (out of the 6 initially allocated). So if you go in the morning, you can certainly go to another TS location for dinner and use your credits.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
stainbas
Earning My Ears

Thanks, and pscyhed to realize it's only one TS credit for Chef Mickey's. I thought it was 2!
stainbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, and pscyhed to realize it's only one TS credit for Chef Mickey's. I thought it was 2!
You can see the credit costs (at least for this year) on the brochure for the DDP:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...2013Dining.pdf
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You get credits allotted per night you stay at your resort. Then you can use them anytime during the trip you want.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It means you have 6 total TS points that can be used however and whenever you wish. Some TS meals (signature/character) are actually 2 credits so you'll want to make sure to check that when making reservations. You may also use points off of other guests accounts that are on your booking. For example, we have a family of 4 so get 4 credits per evening between all of us. The account will show a total allowed of ( 4 guest x 7 nights) 28 TS meals. We can use those meals however we wish.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: