Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #16
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnFan View Post
I'm in! I'm just starting up WW again, so it'll be nice to have another motivation :-)
Welcome fellow CT'er!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristibo42 View Post
I would like to do this!!!
YAY!! the more the merrier! Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Sounds like a great plan, Buffy!

We will no doubt do a WISH meet at the Princess as well as meeting before and after the race at the W tent. Also, some of us will be scream teaming for the 10k that week-end.

If you ever wanted a WISH shirt or other WISH gear there is an order just starting that will close on October 15th so check it out if you are interested!
I am so looking forward to not only the meet but the have a big cheering section for the 10K, I don't know if the family will be up that early. LOL

I hope people will still be at the W tent when I get there. I'm probably going to need the whole time alloted to finish.

Where do I look for the shirt thread?
Old 09-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #17
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

I"m here!! Don't start the party without me!! JK.... just jumping in to save myself a spot for October!!

Lisa, I'll admit here that the thought of running the numbers as a hostess has me a bit ill, so I am NOT jumping in to hostess an upcoming month... and that makes me feel badly, but I'd rather not set myself up for stress. I know, I know... it really isn't hard... but it made me crazy when I did it before. I am JUST NOT a numbers person!! But I'll coach any time it is needed!!

Looking forward to a FABULOUS October with you all!!..............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I am joining for October again. Seems like I had a decent enough September and hope to get the same result for October!

Lisa, I can take on December. I am moving house in November, so not sure whether I won't have a disruption of internet services. But by December that should be ok again. And hopefully hosting will help me stay on track through the dangerous holiday season! Even though I am afraid I am going to set myself up for a month of not a lot activity again like with the summer months... It will be fun anyway!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #19
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

You staying in Nuremberg Magdalene??
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #20
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
You staying in Nuremberg Magdalene??
Yes, just to a nicer place! My current flat is perfectly fine, but some drawbacks. The new place will have a guest bedroom, a fireplace and is in a wonderfully renovated house from 1920 in one of the nicest neighbourhoods. Very happy about the change!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #21
sugarnspicex4
Mouseketeer

Count me in for October! With the season of sweets fast approaching, I need to keep on track. My goal is getting closer, with some hard work maybe I can hit it by Halloween (fingers crossed!).

sugarnspicex4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #22
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Hey guys! Sorry I have been MIA ... a lot going on over for sure. BUT we have set a date for our wedding and have begun reserving venues, I even found my gown. SO I am back! I have been working hard this month, and was successful the first 2 weeks in losing some of the weight I had gained back. Just trying really hard to get down one size before I finish paying off my gown and put in the final order! is running out! Anyway, hope I can reserve a space here for Oct I'd also like to host next month Help keep me on track!

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #23
bryana
Mouseketeer

I'm in again for October! While I was a bit quiet in September, I look forward to chatting more now that I "know" some of you.

Upcoming Trips
Jan'15 RPR/CBR/BC

Previous Trips
Aug'96 WL; Aug'05 WL; Jun'08 ASMo; Dec'10 Offsite; Jan'13 ASMu; Feb'14 BC (Inaugural GSC )
bryana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #24
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

I'm in for October! I'm staying on in the loser camp, as I really want to get back to my official WW goal. As of Friday I was back in the WW maintenance range, but I haven't seen that goal number in a few months, so I'm setting my sights on it this month. And I suspect I might have nudged a bit above the maintenance range after a weekend away with my sister... Here goes!

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:58 AM   #25
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile ** CoUNT ME IN 2 !! **

Lisa -

I just PMed ya w/my weight loss goals 4 the month.

YYEEAA!!! I am off work 4 the next 2 days -
gonna spend it jogging and lifting weights.

....with my #1 jogging /exercise partner by my side:

** LADYBUG **

T.T.F.N.
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #26
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
As in every other month this year, you can count me in for October Lisa....and I'll be happy to take another go at being hostess, for March 2014 if you would like to add me. I was tempted by February, but am now going away for a week!.

Will PM my starting weight and goal tomorrow morning.
Thank you so much for volunteering to hostess in March! And thanks for hostessing in September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I am so looking forward to not only the meet but the have a big cheering section for the 10K, I don't know if the family will be up that early. LOL

I hope people will still be at the W tent when I get there. I'm probably going to need the whole time alloted to finish.

Where do I look for the shirt thread?
The Princess still has a lot of WISHers but not quite the size of the January meets -- if by "big cheering section" you mean a few of us somewhere you'll have it made. And don't worry about people hanging around late because there are a lot of us who will be using up the whole time and you are fine.

The person who is organizing the shirt sale apparently has a big exam today so I imagine the post will be up later today or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I"m here!! Don't start the party without me!! JK.... just jumping in to save myself a spot for October!!

Lisa, I'll admit here that the thought of running the numbers as a hostess has me a bit ill, so I am NOT jumping in to hostess an upcoming month... and that makes me feel badly, but I'd rather not set myself up for stress. I know, I know... it really isn't hard... but it made me crazy when I did it before. I am JUST NOT a numbers person!! But I'll coach any time it is needed!!

Looking forward to a FABULOUS October with you all!!..............P
Pamela! No worries on the hostessing -- it isn't fun for the hostess if they are stressed out for sure. I would be happy to be your weightkeeper any month that you want to hostess -- then you wouldn't have to worry about the number part. We know we can always count on you to help us keep the conversation going. It takes a village to run a successful challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi everyone! I am joining for October again. Seems like I had a decent enough September and hope to get the same result for October!

Lisa, I can take on December. I am moving house in November, so not sure whether I won't have a disruption of internet services. But by December that should be ok again. And hopefully hosting will help me stay on track through the dangerous holiday season! Even though I am afraid I am going to set myself up for a month of not a lot activity again like with the summer months... It will be fun anyway!
Thanks for volunteering to hostess in December, Magdalene! Your new place sounds wonderful - it will be a big job moving but then you will be ready to celebrate the holidays in your new home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnspicex4 View Post
Count me in for October! With the season of sweets fast approaching, I need to keep on track. My goal is getting closer, with some hard work maybe I can hit it by Halloween (fingers crossed!).
and good luck! We all need to really keep on track these crazy seasons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Hey guys! Sorry I have been MIA ... a lot going on over for sure. BUT we have set a date for our wedding and have begun reserving venues, I even found my gown. SO I am back! I have been working hard this month, and was successful the first 2 weeks in losing some of the weight I had gained back. Just trying really hard to get down one size before I finish paying off my gown and put in the final order! is running out! Anyway, hope I can reserve a space here for Oct I'd also like to host next month Help keep me on track!
Thanks, Amanda, for hostessing in November! Sounds like busy times for you but a wedding gown is a good motivator for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryana View Post
I'm in again for October! While I was a bit quiet in September, I look forward to chatting more now that I "know" some of you.
and feel free to chime in any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
I'm in for October! I'm staying on in the loser camp, as I really want to get back to my official WW goal. As of Friday I was back in the WW maintenance range, but I haven't seen that goal number in a few months, so I'm setting my sights on it this month. And I suspect I might have nudged a bit above the maintenance range after a weekend away with my sister... Here goes!

XO
Liz
Liz! I have faith that you will be seeing that official WW goal on your scale soon. Hope you and your sis had a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
Lisa -

I just PMed ya w/my weight loss goals 4 the month.

YYEEAA!!! I am off work 4 the next 2 days -
gonna spend it jogging and lifting weights.

....with my #1 jogging /exercise partner by my side:

** LADYBUG **

T.T.F.N.
Hope that you and LADYBUG enjoy your time off!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:21 AM   #27
DisneyJillian18
Mouseketeer

Excited to try this out for the first time!
I have a small goal, but have been unsuccessful in achieving it! Hoping this helps out!

I've eaten at 30 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (12%)
I've eaten at 21 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (24%)
I've eaten at 8 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (11%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
I've eaten at 1 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)

DisneyJillian18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #28
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Thanks to everyone who volunteered to coach this challenge and helped to fill in the hosting schedule for the coming months -- you guys rock!

I'm looking forward to all your PMs with your starting weight and goals. It is helpful for me if your subject line looks something like this "Weigh in 10/1/13 145 goal 5" and after that in your weekly PMs you can send the date and the number.

As we make our transition from Spectacular September to Outstanding October I will post a QOTD for the next couple of days.

QOTD Monday, September 30, 2013 and Tuesday, October 1, 2013: Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about your goals for the challenge and the rest of the year. You don't have to share numbers, it can be general.

I am Lisa and I will be your hostess this month and coach for the next few days. I've been doing the BL, and now WATP, challenges since 2009. I'm 53, married and have a sometimes cranky teen son. I will reach my goal weight sometime next year. It's taken me longer than I thought it would to get there but each and every challenge, year after year, I end up weighing less than I started. Thanks to several WISHers who inspired me I started running when I was 49. I ran my fifth half marathon in May and will be doing the Princess Half Marathon in February with all but one of my special group of friends who got me into this running thing in the first place. I've made lifelong friends and been to WISH meets at both Disneyland and DisneyWorld. I've done things that I never dreamed possible because of these challenges and WISH who gave me the courage to start.

My goal for this challenge and every month for the rest of the year is five pounds a month which doesn't sound like much but would be an excellent finish to a very good year.

Last edited by lisah0711; 12-31-2013 at 06:34 PM.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #29
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Hi, Lisa! I am in for October and just PM'ed you my starting weight and goal.

Hi, everyone! I am Cam. I have been a WISHer since early 2005 right after my 4th heart surgery (which cured me of a potentially fatal condition that I'd suffered nearly 10 years). Once I got the clearance from my cardiology team, I started doing Walk Away the Pounds to lose weight and started training for my first-ever Half-Marathon, which was in January 2006 exactly a year and one day after that surgery. Since that time, I've done 2 full marathons, more than 10 half-marathons and other races of varying distances including more than 40 5Ks. I did a 5k yesterday and have the following races in my near future:
10/13 -1/2 marathon
11/9 - 1/2 marathon
11/28 - 5k
1/10 - 10K
1/11 - 1/2 marathon
2/23 - 1/2 marathon

I have done weight watchers off and on over the years, and have managed to keep off more than half of the 70 pounds I lost in 2005 and 2006, but a lot have crept back on. It is time to really crack down and move toward my ultimate weight loss goal and lifetime WW membership. My DH, Howard, and I are doing a 12 night Mediterranean Disney cruise next summer, and I know I will be much happier and will enjoy all the touring more if I can take off some considerable amount of weight.

I am happy to share this journey with all of you. I love seeing some familiar names and faces here!
Old 09-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #30
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Thanks to everyone who volunteered to coach this challenge and helped to fill in the hosting schedule for the coming months -- you guys rock!

I'm looking forward to all your PMs with your starting weight and goals. It is helpful for me if your subject line looks something like this "Weigh in 10/1/13 145 goal 5" and after that in your weekly PMs you can send the date and the number.

As we make our transition from Spectacular September to Outstanding October I will post a QOTD for the next couple of days.

QOTD Monday, September 30, 2013 and Tuesday, October 1, 2013: Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about your goals for the challenge and the rest of the year. You don't have to share numbers, it can be general.

I am Lisa and I will be your hostess this month and coach for the next few days. I've been doing the BL, and now WATP, challenges since 2009. I'm 53, married and have a sometimes cranky teen son. I will reach my goal weight sometime next year. It's taken me longer than I thought it would to get there but each and every challenge, year after year, I end up weighing less than I started. Thanks to several WISHers who inspired me I started running when I was 49. I ran my fifth half marathon in May and will be doing the Princess Half Marathon in February with all but one of my special group of friends who got me into this running thing in the first place. I've made lifelong friends and been to WISH meets at both Disneyland and DisneyWorld. I've done things that I never dreamed possible because of these challenges and WISH who gave me the courage to start.

My goal for this challenge and every month for the rest of the year is five pounds a month which doesn't sound like much but would be an excellent finish to a very good year.
Hi Lisa , thanks for hosting this month.. I am in with a 3 lb goal I fell a bit short of that goal in Sept but I'll just keep plugging along..

I am trying to following the Atkins plan due to having type 2 diabetes and having to give myself a shot for about 12 weeks - it was horrid so in Feb of 2013 I decided enough! during the first 12 or so weeks I'd lost 26 lbs but have slowly gained about half back so I am now on week 3 again but still struggle with the weekends - I want pizza and chinese and chips , so I am slowing figuring out some low carb almost taste like the same things. Haa.. I am soon to be (10/10) 43, I have been married to the Hubs for almost (11/30) 5 years who is almost 31 (11/23) and I have a DD who is turning 20 (11/18) and DS who is turning 17 (10/3) so as you can see I have alot of challenges coming up 4 birthdays, Thanksgiving and an anniversary..

I love the motivation and support all you ladies provide here.. Thanks ..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: