Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 07:02 AM   #1
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

Just off the 9/22 Dream Sailing -Halloween on the High Seas

Just off the first Halloween on the High Seas cruise on the Dream!

The main Halloween events were the 2nd night (Nassau) with regular Pirate Night on the 3rd night (Castaway Cay).

The Nightmare Before Christmas Sung and Scream Along was shown several times throughout the whole cruise. My brother went to the first showing and reported that no one in the theater was singing along.

I have lots of photos to post!

If you have any questions about the Halloween activities on the Dream, I'll try my best to answer them!
trickiwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickiwoo View Post

The main Halloween events were the 2nd night (Nassau) with regular Pirate Night on the 3rd night (Castaway Cay).

The Nightmare Before Christmas Sung and Scream Along was shown several times throughout the whole cruise. My brother went to the first showing and reported that no one in the theater was singing along.

If you have any questions about the Halloween activities on the Dream, I'll try my best to answer them!
Were there many people dressed up for the Halloween party? Did they hand out candy at any point? What did you think of it?
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #3
GarrettJD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickiwoo View Post

Hope you had a great cruise!

Did they do a Jack and Sally meet after the Nightmare Before Christmas showings?

What was the approximate schedule for the Halloween stuff that night? Also, what characters did you see available for photo ops on the "Halloween" night?

Did you make it to any of the adult Halloween activities?

Our cruise is just 2 weeks away! :-)
12/84 (offsite), 6/03 (ASMu), 6/04, 6/05, 7/06, 6/07, 12/07 (POP), 6/08 (offsite), 12/09 (POP), 6/10 (Disney Wonder, AKL), 11/10 (POP), 6/11 (POFQ), 12/11, 6/12, 12/12 (POP), 5/13 (POR), 10/13 (POP, Disney Dream)
GarrettJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Did adults or children dress in Halloween costumes for dinner like they do on pirate night?
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
tweis
DIS Veteran

Did boarding start any earlier with the new PATs?

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
Were there many people dressed up for the Halloween party? Did they hand out candy at any point? What did you think of it?
Yes! LOTS of adults and children in costumes!!!! Lots of Disney costumes, but plenty of non-Disney ones as well!

They announced they'd have candy, but I didn't stick around long enough to see candy being handed out.

I thought the Halloween stuff was great!!! I loved the decorations and the events I attended were fun!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
hmmerr02
Mouseketeer

We are just off too. I think they Totally needed to have two Halloween parties. I had small kids and it was complete chaos. Adults and kids were pushing and shoving to see the characters. The Halloween parade was a failure because they couldn't even get it started because of the crowds. My kids cried because they couldn't see anything. They were very disappointed the rest of the cruise was great! Normal Disney cruise experience...but for something that was supposed to be a "highlight " they need to improve it for the other cruises. IMO.
hmmerr02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #8
mizcolon
Mouseketeer

Just off the 9/22 Dream as well..

Yes, many people dressed up

The Night before Halloween was a flop... Lists of people showed up for the movie and many left during the showing including myself.

Candy was given out as trick or treat bags were left in the rooms for the kids.

The Halloween party was Tuesday in the atrium and it was clear that this was their first time ever doing it. It was pure chaos as they tried to do a dance line of people with the characters. My family and I left and found something else to do.

I always enjoy my disney cruises but I didn't particularly care for the Halloween on the High seas...
Old 09-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #9
tweis
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what time boarding started since they implemented the new PATs? Is it still 11:30?

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
policycobb
DIS Veteran

Did they show any Disney Halloween movies on the big screen by the pool or in-room?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #11
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

We love all the Fall/Halloween activities and decorations around the parks so I'm sure this was a lot of fun! Can't wait to some of your pics!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #12
mariab
WDW AP, CASTAWAY MEMBER,

Cant wait to see some pictures! We will be doing our cruise soon!!!
mariab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #13
Weedy
DIS Veteran

Was this the 3 or 4 day cruise? We are not Pirate Night people so booked Palo for night 2 of the 3 day cruise. If night 2 is Halloween night we may need to change it.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #14
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettJD View Post
Hope you had a great cruise!

Did they do a Jack and Sally meet after the Nightmare Before Christmas showings?

What was the approximate schedule for the Halloween stuff that night? Also, what characters did you see available for photo ops on the "Halloween" night?

Did you make it to any of the adult Halloween activities?

Our cruise is just 2 weeks away! :-)

I didn't see meets with Jack and Sally listed on any of the Navigators, and I never saw them anywhere on the ship. I didn't go to any of the screenings of Nightmare Before Christmas so I don't know if they were there for that.

I planned on going to the adult party, but it started at 11 pm and I had a headache that night and ended up not being able to stay up late enough.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #15
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
Did adults or children dress in Halloween costumes for dinner like they do on pirate night?
YES! Lots of adults and children in costume at dinner! Navigator said dress was "Halloween or Cruise Casual"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: