Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit
it's hard to beat Colonel Sanders...
Hot for the hot vickyBaby

Third Time's a Charm! 11/02/2013 Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean Pre-trip Report!

With less than 40 days left to go until our cruise I thought it was about time to do a pre-trip report!

I'm Michelle, 35 year old The reason that I gave my report the title that I did is because I've had two cruises booked on DCL in the past but life got in the way and caused me to have to cancel them. With just over 5 weeks to go I'm pretty certain this one is going to happen! We booked nearly 2 years ago and it's been such a long wait, I can hardly believe it's almost here!

Husband is Brian, 47 year old (okay, well he's not really a pirate, but he is retired from the Navy and that's as close to a sailor as I could find!)

Brownie is 6, and he's our dog baby. Unfortunately he's not cruising with us, but he will be on vacation too at the Best Friends Pet Care facility at Walt Disney World. Since he'll be part of our first day activities he gets included in the pre-trip report too.

This is the first cruise for both of us, although Brian has a lot of experience in being on large sailing vessels, he's looking forward to being on one where he doesn't have to work! We are super excited for our vacation and I'm to the point I can hardly stand to wait any longer for it to get here! It's been a rough year, physically I've been through a lot with some health issues, and Summer is always pretty brutal for Brian at work (he's in sales now). So we are ready to have fun and relax!

We are both native Floridians, we currently reside just North of Tampa in a great little town. It takes us about 1.5 hours to get to WDW and we go as often as we can to make the most of our annual passes. Brian had only been to the Magic Kingdom one time before he met me, but in the 8 years since we met I am happy to say that has changed drastically! He's now been to all 4 parks multiple times and can almost navigate them better than I can!

I'll finish up this first section with a few pictures of us from our last trip to WDW.

Disney May 2013 115 by princessm112877, on Flickr

This is me, 1977 was a great year, but I think they forgot to add my birthday to the highlights...just an oversight I'm sure!

Disney May 2013 146 by princessm112877, on Flickr

I don't have a tag under my name that says "Kissing Bandit" for nothing!

Disney May 2013 330 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian just hanging out while we waited to meet some friends for the Starship concert.

Brownie at Kennel by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brownie, I felt it was only fitting to post a picture of him being dropped off at Best Friends. He has major separation anxiety when we first leave him, it breaks my heart! He's the best little guy ever though, and here is just one of the reasons why!

Hidden Mickey by princessm112877, on Flickr

He has a hidden Mickey!

I guess that will do for now, I'll get into more cruise particulars in my next post.

11/02/13 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, trip report in progress!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200853

Last edited by Princess Michelle; 09-25-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Princess Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

We interrupt this pre-trip report for a special announcement!

CRUISE DOCS ARRIVED TODAY!!!

[IMG]
Cruise Docs 002 by princessm112877, on Flickr[/IMG]

Since we're locals and don't have any air or transfers there wasn't much in the documents for us, but it was exciting just to get them because that means it's almost time to go! I've been seeing a lot of posts lately with people saying they haven't gotten the correct number of luggage tags, all four of ours were present and accounted for, in a lovely shade of turquoise.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Last edited by Princess Michelle; 09-26-2013 at 08:46 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Now for some particulars about our cruise ~

Port Arrival Time ~ I really wanted a 12-12:30 time slot and was able to get it when I checked in. All the earliest slots were gone already so I'm glad this was still available.

Stateroom ~ We have a Category 5E Deluxe Oceanview with a Verandah. 7192 if anyone is interested, it's one of the extended verandahs that's completely aft. We didn't ask for this particular cabin but when we saw the location we were thrilled. Military rates came out today and I was tempted to change because the savings were very substantial, but we really just didn't want to move from this location. If it wasn't our first cruise I'd have been all over those savings though!

Dining ~ We have late dining, which is perfect for us because we're used to eating pretty late at home, later than we'll be eating on the ship actually.

Rotation ~ I requested AERAERA so hopefully we will get it. Looking at the menus this was the rotation that seemed most appealing to our tastes and I like that it would put us in Animator's Palate for pirate night.

Adult Dining ~ We have reservations at both Palo and Remy for dinner. I was very happy to be able to get them both when we checked in, and on the nights that we wanted as well. We also plan on doing Palo brunch but will have to see if we can get a reservation for that upon boarding since all the slots were gone by the time our booking window opened. We're probably skipping Remy brunch this time around, but maybe in the future we'll do that one as well.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

On Board Activities ~

We definitely want to participate in several of the tasting events, for sure we want to do mixology, the wine & chocolate tasting, and Brian wants to do the whiskey tasting. Hopefully there will still be spaces available once we get on board. There are a lot of these tastings we'd probably enjoy but we'll save some for future cruises.

Brian would really like to do the Galley Tour if it is offered on our cruise, I think it would be interesting as well, but it seems to be one of those hit and miss kind of opportunities judging from comments I've seen from others. We'll just have to check with guest services once we arrive to see if it's being offered.

Brian also wants to play on the golf simulator one day, and I'm sure we'll try our hands at the miniature golf course as well.

I really want to do the midship detective agency game also! The Muppets one looks so cute, I have to find Pepe's door!

Brian can hardly wait to get on the Aquaduck! He loves water parks and we don't ever go because I don't swim and even though I love the water, if there is a chance my head will go under I don't really want anything to do with it. I'm on the fence about the AD because I'm also quite claustrophobic and the point of view videos I've watched on youtube leave me feeling a little breathless. I keep trying to tell myself that it's only a minute long and I'll probably have fun, so I will probably give it a try.

I don't think there is much else we want to do other than the normal things like the shows, hanging out in the adult area in the evenings, maybe some of the cooking seminars if there is anything interesting offered. I didn't want to over schedule our time on board so that we were constantly on the go. There are other things we'd probably enjoy, like the rainforest room, but it's an incentive to go back if you don't do everything the first time around!

Old 09-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Excursions ~ We don't have any excursions booked, nothing really seemed appealing. We weren't interested in beach time since we live near beaches (and we get to spend the day at Castaway Cay). Most of the tours we saw had too much beach time and too little time at the things we actually wanted to do, so we decided to just do our own thing.

St. Maarten ~ Our plans are to take a taxi to Marigot to visit Fort St. Louis, maybe do a little shopping, and get some yummies at Sarafina's bakery, then head over to Maho beach to see some airplanes come in before going back to Philipsburg to shop some more.

St. Thomas ~ Nothing major planned for this stop. We'd like to do the Paradise Point tram if it has reopened by the time we sail, but other than that we'll just be doing some shopping and going back to the ship to enjoy some time relaxing. I think Brian will probably take 100 rides on the Aqua Duck and I'll probably find a nice spot to read or nap.

Castaway Cay ~ Brian wants to go snorkeling, so he'll do that while I take 1,000 pictures of the island no doubt. Then we'll head over to Serenity Bay for the rest of our time there. Looking forward to just relaxing and enjoying some cocktails on the beach.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

4 more weeks! 28 days!!!!

At this point shopping is in full swing! The last three days have been shop till you drop and I'm pretty sure today is going to be more of the same.

If anyone is looking for vacation clothes, JCPenney is having a fantastic clearance sale right now! So much stuff marked between $2-$10!

The shopping bags are getting to be a little bit of a cluttered mess on the bedroom floor so I'm thinking I need to use that as an excuse to get Brian to pull out the suitcases! I already have a few things packed in my day bag and some various piles of things waiting to get packed in the suitcases. Gosh I love getting ready for vacation!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Old 10-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #7
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

sounds exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 View Post
sounds exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it!!
Thank you! I hope that my trip report will be enjoyable to everyone who reads it. I really love details and pictures galore, so I will do my best to make sure mine has both of those things!

Old 10-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #9
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

I'm so beyond excited that we're now only 2 weeks away from our cruise...but I also feel like I still have so much to do and not enough time to do it all!

Where did the time go? January 2012 when we booked seems so far away and I've been doing stuff for the trip the whole time, and now it seems like the time is flying and that I have barely done anything. LOL

Full steam ahead over the next 14 days! Absolutely cannot wait to get on that beautiful ship and spend a wonderful week with my husband!

Old 10-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear all about it!!

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #11
taraandmike
Mouseketeer

I am joining in, can not wait to read your trip report

Oct 25, 2008-Nov 1, 2008 Nov 14, 2009-Nov 21, 2009 Jan 29, 2011-Feb 5, 2011 Nov 10, 2012-Nov 17, 2012
Nov 2, 2013-Nov 9, 2013 May 8, 2014-May 11, 2014 Nov 1, 2014-Nov 8, 2014
taraandmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #12
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Welcome taraandmike!

I'm honestly almost as excited to get home and write my report as I am to go on the cruise, how crazy is that! LOL

We got a little Disney fix yesterday with a trip over to Epcot for the Food & Wine Festival. Great as always. Met up with an old friend and her husband for a bit, saw Night Ranger in concert, and overall just had a nice, relaxing afternoon/evening. It was good to get away if even for just a few hours, just a taste of the vacation to come. I was thinking about it the other day and realized this will be the longest vacation we've had in 5 years.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #13
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Anyone care to join me in a....

SINGLE DIGITS DANCE!!!!!

Ah, so crazy to think that in 9 days we'll be getting on the ship!

Old 10-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #14
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #15
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Welcome wiigirl!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: