Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #1306
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
That is how I feel too. Wish you were going to be at HS on the 18th where apparently half the November group will be.
We'll be at the Tomorrowland Dessert party that evening...guess a crew will be there too.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #1307
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
I'm not into selfies much either, but had to share this

Ooooo like the green too! That is what DH got.

Quote:
That is how I feel too. Wish you were going to be at HS on the 18th where apparently half the November group will be.
Maybe she should extent her vacation just to make sure she is there.

Quote:
Check out this site ...Walt Disney World entertainment
There may be more information there
Thanks!!!!

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #1308
cadale
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
For those thinking of buying a disney stock might want to do it sooner then later if you want it hanging in your home. Disney is going to stop offering paper stocks Oct 16th.

Link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3183711
Bought one for my brother for Christmas. A little more money than I planned but I know he will get a big kick out of it and hang it up at home.

2000: ASM, 2003: ASM, 2006: POR, 2007: CSR, 2008: POR,VWL, 2009: SSR, 2010: BLT, 2011: OKW (2), 2012: BLT, 2013: SSR, BLT/AK, 2014: BCV/SSR
cadale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #1309
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
We'll be at the Tomorrowland Dessert party that evening...guess a crew will be there too.
Cool, have fun. They extended the hours there that night too so I'm sure you'll have fun. Liked your selfie.

We have already started to customize our fits by cutting some of the band off and sanding down the edges. My youngest didn't want me to pull out the orange part to make it smaller (like they recommend for smaller people). Once I did his and saw how much easier it was to put on we all got to chopping. Now I don't have to worry about wrapping the excess around our wrists and they feel more comfortable too.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #1310
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cool, have fun. They extended the hours there that night too so I'm sure you'll have fun. Liked your selfie.

We have already started to customize our fits by cutting some of the band off and sanding down the edges. My youngest didn't want me to pull out the orange part to make it smaller (like they recommend for smaller people). Once I did his and saw how much easier it was to put on we all got to chopping. Now I don't have to worry about wrapping the excess around our wrists and they feel more comfortable too.
So you took the dark grey part off?
I was wondering about that and if it would be less bulkie and more comfy.
Mine will be ready to ship tomorrow. I think today is my last customize day if the midnight thing is right.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #1311
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Mine will be ready to ship tomorrow. I think today is my last customize day if the midnight thing is right.
No, Disney suggests that, but I like the way it looks with the dark grey around it. Instead we cut off some of the gray from the end to make it shorter. If you take off the dark gray outer part, you can't put it back on later. My wrist is too thick for the gray part to be removed anyway.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #1312
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Definitely cut the excess grey off; it cuts really easy with scissors. I actually used one MB as a template so my cut followed the shape of the original strap end. So much more comfortable now.

I also recommend closing your MB as you would normally wear it, then placing it under something moderately heavy, Mickey head up. This forces the MB to develop curves that match your wrist, comfortably keeping the Mickey head on the outside of your wrist and the soft band parts on the sides (bones) of your wrist. Does this make any sense?

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #1313
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

27 days!!

Got my DME booklet today (well really last week, but had shipping issues, so I couldn't pick it up until today) and I still can't get a BOG lunch ressie. I guess Disney really wants me to stand in line

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14/ CI Dec 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

KittyKat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #1314
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat1978 View Post
27 days!!

Got my DME booklet today (well really last week, but had shipping issues, so I couldn't pick it up until today) and I still can't get a BOG lunch ressie. I guess Disney really wants me to stand in line
I'll be standing in line right there with ya! I still can't get one, either

Ah, on the 18th...we will be at MK. It's our last night I didn't know there'd be such a part-tay going on at HS. If we're feeling it, we may just hop on over there. Are they closing late that night or something? We planned to go on the 17th for EMH.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #1315
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey just noticed my ticker says 1 month.

Please pray for me. The whole booking and planning of our vacation went way too easy and now that we are in the stretch we have encountered one family crisis after another. I'm trying to stay positive and excited about my vacation but warning flags are going up everywhere. sigh

for only being 1 month away.

in hopes everything gets better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
I'm praying that things work out well for you. A grand niece of mine had emergency gall bladder surgery last week. Their countdown to Disney is less than 30 days now. She's very hopeful that they'll still be able to go. She & her DH & 2 little boys will be there at Fort Wilderness along with her parents (my nephew & his wife.) Her mom is an angel who took care of the little ones after the surgery.

Our Magic Bands arrived this morning
I hope your grand niece mends quickly.
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #1316
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

I hate my Magic Band

The little prongs that stick into the band to hold it on are driving me crazy. They are irritating my inner wrist. When I make it looser the band spins, if I make it tighter and it hurts. When I leave it at what I consider to be just right (I can still slip a finger in between the band and my wrist) the nubs are annoying as heck.

This is why I don't wear jewelry.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #1317
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

OK, I posted this in the restaurant thread, but I thought I'd ask here too:

Dinner at Chef Mickey's at 5:15 or Crystal Palace at 7:45? Which would you do?

We haven't eaten at either place. We are going to MK that morning and then probably taking a break for the afternoon before going back to the park for dinner and the evening so both locations work well.

MK is closing at 9:00PM that night and there is no MSEP. We really want to see Wishes since that will be our only chance to see them in the park (we will most likely see Holiday Wishes from the Poly Beach a few days before).

Obviously we will be cutting it close with the CP reservation at 7:45, but it is not during a busy day so we might be seated near our time, and I can always send the kids outside to see the fireworks with my husband or one of the grandparents (as long as they don't miss it I'm fine). Can you see the fireworks decently from outside the Crystal Palace?

The other character meals we have are breakfast at Ohana and dinner at Garden Grill so we will see some of the classic characters then.

I've heard some really bad things about Chef Mickey's, but I know my boys would like to eat in the Contemporary, plus we will have PP+. The timing might not be the best because it wouldn't give us much of an afternoon break before getting back (we are staying at OKW). My boys will be 13, 10 and almost 7 when we go. The 13 year old is a great sport and has no issues about dining with characters being babyish. The 10 year old enjoys everything about life and will totally go along with the whole character thing.

I'd love to get either place at 6-6:30, but that isn't happening this late in the game.

What would you choose and why?

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #1318
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Can someone confirm or clarify a Raglan Road restaurant question?
Are the dancers there 7 days a week?
TIA
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #1319
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Ya. Still good.

Quote:
I hate my Magic Band

The little prongs that stick into the band to hold it on are driving me crazy. They are irritating my inner wrist. When I make it looser the band spins, if I make it tighter and it hurts. When I leave it at what I consider to be just right (I can still slip a finger in between the band and my wrist) the nubs are annoying as heck.

This is why I don't wear jewelry.
THIS is exactly how I feel!

Holly Quinlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #1320
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
THIS is exactly how I feel!
I have it turned around now with the Mickey Head on the inside of my wrist and it is more comfortable. I'll have to twist my arm around to use the scanner though. I may have to think about using it on a lanyard or something.

I like the idea of the Magic Bands because it will be harder for me to lose it, but I thought the bands would be more comfortable. Greatwolf Lodge gives you RFID bands for your stay to open your doors and charge things, but they are the thinner disposable kinds. I love them though because I don't notice them on me.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: