Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 01:05 AM   #1156
Jennybump
Mouseketeer

Favorite smoothie recipes:

1 Tbsp chia or hemp seeds
A date or two for sweetness
Two handfuls spinach
1 banana
1 cup each frozen mango and pineapple

Chia/hemp, dates
1cup kale or chard
1 banana
2 cups frozen mixed berry blend, or blueberries and sweet cherries

Green juice
1/2 lemon, peeled
1 lg or 2 am apples
3 celery stalks
1/2 cucumber
1 packed cup kale, chard, spinach
Few stems of parsley
Rough chop all ingredients, blend to a puree, then strain through a fine mesh sieve, cheesecloth, or a paint strainer bag. The flavor takes some getting used to, for a week I just had to plug my nose and chug it, but now I love it and CRAVE it.

I also use my Vitamix to blend up purees, basically like the smoothies above except with a couple cups of applesauce added, which I then dehydrate into fruit leather. It will make the perfect Disney snack!
Jennybump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:42 AM   #1157
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Thought this might get some November trip planners REAL excited. I think I have one of the earliest Nov trips....

Look what came in the mail today....

My first set.... So excited..... They are very durable and fit well.... I may post a pic of me wearing it ..... Maaaaaybe.
Awesome

Yes post a pic

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2013, 04:45 AM   #1158
wdwnut61
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Also, did anyone else just get the tutorial for MDE showing up? Or has that been there and I just did not notice? Not that it explains enough that they won't still be fielding a gazillion calls from non-DISers but cute.
Yup watched Edna last night very cute.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:54 AM   #1159
wdwnut61
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
Ha, mine customized today. I had assumed when it said I had until October 14th that I could customize until the end of day on the 14th but once the 13th hit is said it was my last day, and it went into "Your MagicBands are being customized and will ship soon" as soon as midnight hit. I assume they will ship out in the morning since today (well really yesterday now) was a holiday.
Mine too! Just for fun I clicked on customize my bands last night and saw the message. I forgot about no mail yesterday so do you think ours will ship today and come on Wednesday?

Can't wait so excied

Old 10-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #1160
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Only 38 more days although this time last week I was afraid we weren't gonna to be able to go. I lost my job unexpectly so last week was filled with lots of emotions. Dh and I have decided we are still going. I'm gonna use the time in between to job search and get ready for our trip such as finishing our shirts and pack.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #1161
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Thought this might get some November trip planners REAL excited. I think I have one of the earliest Nov trips.... Look what came in the mail today.... My first set.... So excited..... They are very durable and fit well.... I may post a pic of me wearing it ..... Maaaaaybe.
Nice but booo at the same time. I have to wait till I get to POP to get ours. Like I said before, stupid Canadian Border.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #1162
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
My youngest (age 6) eats 3-4 yogurts, 2 granola bars, 2 apples and a banana on top of his three meals and whatever else he can sneak in a day. My middle guy (age 10) is my skinny malink, yet if I order pizza he can eat 4-5 slices and they usually have sausage or chicken on them. I have no idea how he stays so skinny. My oldest (13) is my foodie, he likes to cook and try new foods unfortunately he also has my really slow metabolism so he need to be careful. You'll have to let me know your favorite things to make in it. You just need to balance it with a sweeter base like pineapple and/or apple. Ever taste the green naked juice? OMG, sooo good. Good night. Ha, mine customized today. I had assumed when it said I had until October 14th that I could customize until the end of day on the 14th but once the 13th hit is said it was my last day, and it went into "Your MagicBands are being customized and will ship soon" as soon as midnight hit. I assume they will ship out in the morning since today (well really yesterday now) was a holiday. Totally missed the tutorial, but then again I didn't get my e-mail or snail mail invite either. Where did you see the tutorial?
The tutorial is along the top in the box that has the character you chose, that's if you chose one. Mine is Ariel. There is a little box in there & it's Edna( I think that's her name) from the Incredibles giving the tutorial. It's like 1 min, 50 secs long.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #1163
sheh378
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="wdwnut61;49830328"] Mine too! Just for fun I clicked on customize my bands last night and saw the message. I forgot about no mail yesterday so do you think ours will ship today and come on Wednesday? Can't wait so excied [/QUOTE

I leave the same day as you, I got an email this morning saying they were shipped yesterday and they will arrive this morning, so maybe you will get yours too
sheh378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #1164
AMateus
Mouseketeer

Woke up this morning checked my email and my MB have shipped! Checked the UPS tracker and they should be here today!!!!!! I feel like a kid at Christmas! So excited!
AMateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #1165
sheh378
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMateus View Post
Woke up this morning checked my email and my MB have shipped! Checked the UPS tracker and they should be here today!!!!!! I feel like a kid at Christmas! So excited!
Me too, isn't exciting
Old 10-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #1166
sheh378
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheh378 View Post
Me too, isn't exciting
Isn't it exciting lol
Old 10-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #1167
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmize View Post
Only 38 more days although this time last week I was afraid we weren't gonna to be able to go. I lost my job unexpectly so last week was filled with lots of emotions. Dh and I have decided we are still going. I'm gonna use the time in between to job search and get ready for our trip such as finishing our shirts and pack.
I am so sorry about your job. I hope you find something you love very soon.
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #1168
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmize View Post
I'm so sorry. I'll send good thoughts and pixie dust your way to find another job soon. I'm glad you're still going to Disney, though.

Since I am departing in 15 days for WDW, I thought I would put this out there: if anyone wants to try to do a short meet up or at least try and connect with me while we're in the same parks, send me a PM and I will send you my cell #. I am literally attached to the thing and will get any texts you send my way.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #1169
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerieFire View Post
I had heard 11/13 for PP rehab to end. I'm slightly hopeful, as 11/11 is our last day, and I know things often get done sooner, though not always. (The MK RR rehab was at one time reported to end 11/20, and now sources say 10/20!) So I'll have my eyes peeled for talk that it's reopened. DS7 (now 8) loved SOTMK on our trip last year. We got a pack of cards each every day we were in the park, without too many duplicates. We traded one with another player, and we attended both holiday parties, so we got those special cards, as well. After we got back, a local friend with an annual pass picked up some more for him, and I actually bought a few sets on eBay. I think he has about half the deck now, complete with a binder from Santa. I think he'd have rather done more SOTMK than some of our rides last time. LOL
We're only doing one day in MK for this short trip - the morning is for Pirates and the afternoon is for SOTMK. Only the first hour will be for our favorite attractions. It's DS11's birthday trip so that's what he chose.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #1170
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie272 View Post
I changed our reservation that we had for one night in DTD. My parents are joining us in Disney for a night. I changed the ADR to Cape May, what can we do after dinner? Going into a park is not an option, dinner is around 7pm.
What day of the week is it?
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: