Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #1141
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
What in the world are you spending money on before your vacation?!!!

Luggage to see Mickey Mouse of course Plus the Vitamix was A LOT of money, but with all that nutrition we will be consuming we will be healthier for longer and able to visit Mickey for years to come. Oh and have I mentioned how much my freakin' boys eat? I don't know what I'm going to do when they are all in their teens.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #1142
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Thought this might get some November trip planners REAL excited. I think I have one of the earliest Nov trips....

Look what came in the mail today....
[/IMG]

My first set.... So excited..... They are very durable and fit well.... I may post a pic of me wearing it ..... Maaaaaybe.
Very nice Xip, but don't tease us, post the picture already.

Quote:
Since my friends are so sick of hearing my count down. I might just put mine on and leave it on until after vacation. I'll call it my "POWER BAND".
They will be soooo jealous!!

Oh xipo you have to send us a picture!!!
Hmm noticed you got 2 of the "non-color" bands. What happened?
Ha, I'm totally going to call it my power band and wear it EVERYWHERE!

Yeah, he totally went with the non-color, but remember that is only his first batch, he has another batch coming. Maybe that is when his pink one one will arrive.
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #1143
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
Luggage to see Mickey Mouse of course Plus the Vitamix was A LOT of money, but with all that nutrition we will be consuming we will be healthier for longer and able to visit Mickey for years to come. Oh and have I mentioned how much my freakin' boys eat? I don't know what I'm going to do when they are all in their teens.
That makes sense and I'm sorry to hear about your boys. Funny my boys don't eat like the typical teens. Then again my oldest is on a gluten free diet and doesn't consume the "regular" junk stuff. The younger one is also picky and can pack down a bag of chips in record speed but over all doesn't eat a lot.
I'm lucky with that, I think.

I think I'm going through a hormonal switch cause the past couple days I havne't been able to eat enough. I hate that. Hoping it stops soon cause if it doesn't I won't be able to wear any of my packed clothes. ugh.

I laughed out loud really when you said a gorilla can't stand on your luggage.

Well happy packing.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #1144
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Very nice Xip, but don't tease us, post the picture already.

Ha, I'm totally going to call it my power band and wear it EVERYWHERE!

Yeah, he totally went with the non-color, but remember that is only his first batch, he has another batch coming. Maybe that is when his pink one one will arrive.
There was a pink one in that batch.
I was looking for glow orange or green for him. After all he is "tec".

Can't wait to see the second batch.
yup gonna wear my pink one when it gets here after the 17th.

2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)

Old 10-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #1145
theallens
Earning My Ears

28 more days. Its almost here. Cant wait!!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #1146
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.

Quote:
. I LOVE my vitamix!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 10-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #1147
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
. I LOVE my vitamix!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Hmm you are going to have to share some "recipes".
I'd like to find a green drink that doesn't taste like grass.

I bought some Hemp protein powder and it is definitely more earthy than Whey protein.

ok really off to bed. I'm tired!

Old 10-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #1148
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Yes, I have to get to bed too but it is 11:55 and in 5 minutes MDE will say only 1 day to customize! And only 31 days!
Also, did anyone else just get the tutorial for MDE showing up? Or has that been there and I just did not notice? Not that it explains enough that they won't still be fielding a gazillion calls from non-DISers but cute.

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #1149
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you. Yes, I got the hard-sided kind. Very different from the old hard-sided luggage of my youth though. No gorilla is going to be able to stand on my luggage.
This made me LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Yes, I have to get to bed too but it is 11:55 and in 5 minutes MDE will say only 1 day to customize! And only 31 days!
Also, did anyone else just get the tutorial for MDE showing up? Or has that been there and I just did not notice? Not that it explains enough that they won't still be fielding a gazillion calls from non-DISers but cute.
I got my email invite today, just after the email that said my bands had shipped came in

I just want a BoG FP+ to pop up. Come on

Yep. The tutorial popped up for me today, too.

Speaking of romantic gifts, DH used to get me jewelry from James Avery til I found out how much it cost. Not that it's CRAZY pricey, but I'm cool with practical stuff. Let me run out to Kohl's and get some clothes and I'm good. These days, though, I'd much rather see what I can dig up at the thrift store

I have a Ninja- have mostly made smoothies and I also use it to make cauliflower "mashed potatoes." I haven't tried making any green smoothies yet....but I'm going to. Been too chicken to try but I gotta do something. My waistline hasn't recovered from DS birth *cough* almost 5 yrs ago and then I KNOW I'm going to be poppin buttons off after FD this trip . I wish I didn't like to eat.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #1150
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
That makes sense and I'm sorry to hear about your boys. Funny my boys don't eat like the typical teens. Then again my oldest is on a gluten free diet and doesn't consume the "regular" junk stuff. The younger one is also picky and can pack down a bag of chips in record speed but over all doesn't eat a lot.
I'm lucky with that, I think.

I think I'm going through a hormonal switch cause the past couple days I havne't been able to eat enough. I hate that. Hoping it stops soon cause if it doesn't I won't be able to wear any of my packed clothes. ugh.
My youngest (age 6) eats 3-4 yogurts, 2 granola bars, 2 apples and a banana on top of his three meals and whatever else he can sneak in a day. My middle guy (age 10) is my skinny malink, yet if I order pizza he can eat 4-5 slices and they usually have sausage or chicken on them. I have no idea how he stays so skinny. My oldest (13) is my foodie, he likes to cook and try new foods unfortunately he also has my really slow metabolism so he need to be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
. I LOVE my vitamix!!!
You'll have to let me know your favorite things to make in it.

Quote:
Hmm you are going to have to share some "recipes".
I'd like to find a green drink that doesn't taste like grass.

I bought some Hemp protein powder and it is definitely more earthy than Whey protein.
You just need to balance it with a sweeter base like pineapple and/or apple. Ever taste the green naked juice? OMG, sooo good. Good night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Ha, mine customized today. I had assumed when it said I had until October 14th that I could customize until the end of day on the 14th but once the 13th hit is said it was my last day, and it went into "Your MagicBands are being customized and will ship soon" as soon as midnight hit. I assume they will ship out in the morning since today (well really yesterday now) was a holiday.

Totally missed the tutorial, but then again I didn't get my e-mail or snail mail invite either. Where did you see the tutorial?
Old 10-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #1151
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Hi guys, had an ADR question I hope you can help me with. I made an ADR for a party of 8 (friends daughter not sure if she's bringing a friend). Just wondering, if she doesn't bring her friend, will I be charged for that person? Thanks!!!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #1152
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
This made me LOL!

Quote:
I got my email invite today, just after the email that said my bands had shipped came in

I just want a BoG FP+ to pop up. Come on

Yep. The tutorial popped up for me today, too.

Speaking of romantic gifts, DH used to get me jewelry from James Avery til I found out how much it cost. Not that it's CRAZY pricey, but I'm cool with practical stuff. Let me run out to Kohl's and get some clothes and I'm good. These days, though, I'd much rather see what I can dig up at the thrift store

I have a Ninja- have mostly made smoothies and I also use it to make cauliflower "mashed potatoes." I haven't tried making any green smoothies yet....but I'm going to. Been too chicken to try but I gotta do something. My waistline hasn't recovered from DS birth *cough* almost 5 yrs ago and then I KNOW I'm going to be poppin buttons off after FD this trip . I wish I didn't like to eat.
Wait, we are supposed to have a waistline?

I'm so in to practical things, but when it comes to gadgets I don't mind if he splurges ;-)

Love how on top of things Disney is with the invites. Maybe I'll get the tutorial to pop up by the time I get home.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:41 PM   #1153
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Hi guys, had an ADR question I hope you can help me with. I made an ADR for a party of 8 (friends daughter not sure if she's bringing a friend). Just wondering, if she doesn't bring her friend, will I be charged for that person? Thanks!!!
From what I heard no, as long as the rest of your party shows up you are fine. I'm not sure if that applies to the places that you pay in full when you bool like the dinner shows/CRT - those I think you are out of luck for, but the once that just require a credit card to hold are fine according the fellow DISers.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #1154
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wait, we are supposed to have a waistline?

I'm so in to practical things, but when it comes to gadgets I don't mind if he splurges ;-)

Love how on top of things Disney is with the invites. Maybe I'll get the tutorial to pop up by the time I get home.
Hehe. According to the clothes I can no longer fit into, yes.

Oh my DH would be an early adopter of all things gadgety if he could. It's sometimes much to his chagrin when he does indulge because something new seems to come along not too soon after! He waited and waited on the FitBit Flex, though. Finally decided to go for it last month for his birthday. A few days ago, they announced they are coming out with the Force. It's got an altimeter and a clock. He was like, "Errrrgggghhh..." I just bought a Flex too (he kept saying I should go ahead and get it as an early bday present, though we both declared in July that WDW was going to be our "BirthdayChrismasVersary" present ). I can actually still take mine back since I got it from Target and get the new one when it comes out but the new is like $30 more and I'm not sure I really need the extra features (though I do keep looking at it as if it will eventually tell me what time it is!)

I'm tired. I blame the rambling on my meds from my sinus infection.

As for the tutorial, it's showing up on MDE underneath the "Welcome ____" greeting opposite whatever character you chose as your icon. It's a tiny video box.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #1155
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Hehe. According to the clothes I can no longer fit into, yes.

Oh my DH would be an early adopter of all things gadgety if he could. It's sometimes much to his chagrin when he does indulge because something new seems to come along not too soon after! He waited and waited on the FitBit Flex, though. Finally decided to go for it last month for his birthday. A few days ago, they announced they are coming out with the Force. It's got an altimeter and a clock. He was like, "Errrrgggghhh..." I just bought a Flex too (he kept saying I should go ahead and get it as an early bday present, though we both declared in July that WDW was going to be our "BirthdayChrismasVersary" present ). I can actually still take mine back since I got it from Target and get the new one when it comes out but the new is like $30 more and I'm not sure I really need the extra features (though I do keep looking at it as if it will eventually tell me what time it is!)

I'm tired. I blame the rambling on my meds from my sinus infection.

As for the tutorial, it's showing up on MDE underneath the "Welcome ____" greeting opposite whatever character you chose as your icon. It's a tiny video box.

No matter when you buy new tech, you always have buyers remorse. Although I did get the Galaxy S4 after my new S3 was stolen in NYC (after I lived with a phone with a cracked screen for 2 years before finally letting myself upgrade) and I haven't regretted it at all. The S5 won't come out until at least the spring so I have a few more months of bliss before I regret it -

I hadn't been to that page of my MDE today, it definitely was't there on Saturday so a heck of a lot of good the video is since it didn't show up until after I was past my customization time. I'm going to go watch it now.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: