Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #1126
Andie272
Mouseketeer

I changed our reservation that we had for one night in DTD. My parents are joining us in Disney for a night. I changed the ADR to Cape May, what can we do after dinner? Going into a park is not an option, dinner is around 7pm.

2006 - All Star Music
2009 - Coronado Springs
2013 -Caribbean Beach Resort
Andie272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #1127
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post

I have a dinner reservation at Cape May.

I know you are not talking about Disney Cape May but I just had to say that.
Oh well that's just as good. Well kinda, o.k. not really. : )
I decided to do breakfast at Cape May this trip which is something I've never tried even when I stayed at BC! I am excited!

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #1128
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Hey everyone! Down to 40 days today!! Where did the year go?! Trying to finalize last minute things. How about you guys?!
17 for us!!! So excited because I finally ordered matching tshirts for us today--Thing 1, Thing 2, etc, shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
30 days and I finally got my luggage today. Of course going in to Costco meant I also bought a lot of other things. My anniversary is on Thursday and we don't usually do presents unless one of us sees something the other would really like. I fell for the whole Vitamixer thing. My husband has been talking about getting a juicer for YEARS. I figured he would like the Vitamixer better since he prefers to get the fiber in his juice. My boys want to give it to him today so that they can make smoothies.

Such a romantic 15th wedding anniversary present right?
I just bought all new luggage last year for our Disney cruise. I got a piece at BJ's, a piece at Marshall's, etc. DH said I was turning into a luggage junkie; it was becoming an obsession for a while.

Funny enough, for our anniversary I was going to buy DH a new frying pan because he loves to cook breakfast. Now that's romantic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
OMG! You will have to let me know how it is! My DH has been wanting to buy one for AGES! We have a fruit juicer we use about once a year (if we get enough apples on our trees) though, so I am just worried we won't use it. I think I'll have to go in with the kids when they have taste-testings and see if they like it.
We don't do romantic gifts either so I think it is a GREAT idea. With 3 kids, our date night consists of a family trip to Home Depot! LOL!
And we never do anything romantic for our anniversary; a family trip to BJ's sounds on par with what we do! I usually need them there because we have so much stuff that we need 2 carts.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #1129
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie272 View Post
I changed our reservation that we had for one night in DTD. My parents are joining us in Disney for a night. I changed the ADR to Cape May, what can we do after dinner? Going into a park is not an option, dinner is around 7pm.
My original plan was to walk around BW after Cape May but then we have put an evening specific so we will go to a park with EMH.

So you might want to consider walking around BW and seeing the outdoor entertainment.

DTD is open pretty late so you could go there after Cape May.
Good luck with the decision.

Or what about just walking around the resort. I don't know that resort but being a deluxe I imagine there is a lounge and so on.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #1130
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie272 View Post
I would just walk over and take in the ambience of the Boardwalk.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #1131
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
Yea you got your luggage. Did you get hardsided ?

Happy Anniversary
Thank you. Yes, I got the hard-sided kind. Very different from the old hard-sided luggage of my youth though. No gorilla is going to be able to stand on my luggage.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #1132
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
I think I might look into the Vitamix for our Xmas present. After our Disney trip that is....I can't focus on anything else!
Which B&B were you going to stay at? My twin sister lives in Cape May...I love it there! My husband's family grew up going to Wildwood Crest, so we tend to split our time.
We stayed at Captain Mey's for our honeymoon so we were going to go back there. My husband had just started his own business when we got married so he couldn't take a lot of time off. It was a lot of fun though.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #1133
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
I just bought all new luggage last year for our Disney cruise. I got a piece at BJ's, a piece at Marshall's, etc. DH said I was turning into a luggage junkie; it was becoming an obsession for a while.

Funny enough, for our anniversary I was going to buy DH a new frying pan because he loves to cook breakfast. Now that's romantic!

And we never do anything romantic for our anniversary; a family trip to BJ's sounds on par with what we do! I usually need them there because we have so much stuff that we need 2 carts.
Don't laugh, I did buy my husband a frying pan one year, but it was for Father's Day. It was a Lodge cast iron pan, he loves it.

We had to get the flat bed cart at Costco today. We dropped $978 - YIKES
Old 10-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #1134
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Wow! Some of you guys are SO close! So exciting! Can't wait to hear all about your trips! Enjoy all of your last minute packing and getting ready!!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #1135
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Don't laugh, I did buy my husband a frying pan one year, but it was for Father's Day. It was a Lodge cast iron pan, he loves it.

Yeah, we could probably use the flat bed but it just seems like less to me to get two carts. I know when we take the whole family I'm not getting out of there paying less than $500.

And I spent many, many family vacations as a kid in Wildwood and Cape May! Love them both!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #1136
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
Yeah, we could probably use the flat bed but it just seems like less to me to get two carts. I know when we take the whole family I'm not getting out of there paying less than $500.

And I spent many, many family vacations as a kid in Wildwood and Cape May! Love them both!
I prefer to take two carts, but the luggage didn't fit on the bottom of one of the carts so we had to go to the flatbed. We usually drop about $400 or so whenever we go, but with the two big purchases this time we went WAY over. I'm embarrassed to say that was not the most we ever spent at Costco.

I grew up near Sandy Hook so we were more likely to go there. I love it further down though. Stone Harbor is one of my favorite shore towns although for history Cape May beats it out.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #1137
jce2
Mouseketeer

My CM friend checked today and it seems what is now out for November are CM discounts when the CM stays at the resort, NOT F&F dining discounts. I will just have to wait.

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #1138
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Thought this might get some November trip planners REAL excited. I think I have one of the earliest Nov trips....

Look what came in the mail today....

My first set.... So excited..... They are very durable and fit well.... I may post a pic of me wearing it ..... Maaaaaybe.
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #1139
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What in the world are you spending money on before your vacation?!!!

I told DH that I'm afraid to leave the house because everytime I do I drop at least $50. But then again that makes Mickey Money soooooooooooooooo.

2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
Old 10-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #1140
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Thought this might get some November trip planners REAL excited. I think I have one of the earliest Nov trips....

Look what came in the mail today....

My first set.... So excited..... They are very durable and fit well.... I may post a pic of me wearing it ..... Maaaaaybe.
Since my friends are so sick of hearing my count down. I might just put mine on and leave it on until after vacation. I'll call it my "POWER BAND".
They will be soooo jealous!!

Oh xipo you have to send us a picture!!!
Hmm noticed you got 2 of the "non-color" bands. What happened?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: