Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #1111
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,075

Hey everyone! Down to 40 days today!! Where did the year go?! Trying to finalize last minute things. How about you guys?!
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #1112
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!
 
goofy4prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 3,169

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Hey everyone! Down to 40 days today!! Where did the year go?! Trying to finalize last minute things. How about you guys?!
It will be here sooner than you know. I am down to 45 days. For me very little left to plan. ADR's set; FP+ set, airlines booked, hotel the night before booked. The only loose end is a set time I will be meeting a dear DIS friend in person for the first time.
__________________
Aug. 2008 Wilderness Lodge- CL Jan 2009 Yacht Club-CL Aug. 2010 Wilderness Lodge-CL Dec. 2013 Wilderness Lodge-CL June 2014 Contemporary Resort-CL June 2015 Grand Floridian Villas



Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #1113
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran
 
BwoZoo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nevada
Posts: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Hey everyone! Down to 40 days today!! Where did the year go?! Trying to finalize last minute things. How about you guys?!
I'm in the teens! 18 days! SO EXCITED! Think I will need to wear my MB around tonight...
__________________


BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #1114
tracydeech
Mouseketeer
 
tracydeech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 194

29 more days to go for us!!!! Excited!
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #1115
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,641

30 days and I finally got my luggage today. Of course going in to Costco meant I also bought a lot of other things. My anniversary is on Thursday and we don't usually do presents unless one of us sees something the other would really like. I fell for the whole Vitamixer thing. My husband has been talking about getting a juicer for YEARS. I figured he would like the Vitamixer better since he prefers to get the fiber in his juice. My boys want to give it to him today so that they can make smoothies.

Such a romantic 15th wedding anniversary present right?
__________________
Sheilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #1116
FaerieFire
Mouseketeer
 
FaerieFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Last report on PP was the 15th not 17th my error, sorry! I have a FP for the 15th, but looks like it may wrap up early. So keep an eye out that week!

Sorcerers is most fun with a bunch of cards so the kids can choose which spells to counter with. The pack cards in the MK fire house will likely give alot of doubles, unless you have a bunch of people in your party , buy a few before hand.
I had heard 11/13 for PP rehab to end. I'm slightly hopeful, as 11/11 is our last day, and I know things often get done sooner, though not always. (The MK RR rehab was at one time reported to end 11/20, and now sources say 10/20!) So I'll have my eyes peeled for talk that it's reopened.

DS7 (now 8) loved SOTMK on our trip last year. We got a pack of cards each every day we were in the park, without too many duplicates. We traded one with another player, and we attended both holiday parties, so we got those special cards, as well. After we got back, a local friend with an annual pass picked up some more for him, and I actually bought a few sets on eBay. I think he has about half the deck now, complete with a binder from Santa. I think he'd have rather done more SOTMK than some of our rides last time. LOL
__________________

ASMu-4/11, AoA-LM-11/12
Living the life!
FaerieFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #1117
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran
 
CaraMiaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 1,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
30 days and I finally got my luggage today. Of course going in to Costco meant I also bought a lot of other things. My anniversary is on Thursday and we don't usually do presents unless one of us sees something the other would really like. I fell for the whole Vitamixer thing. My husband has been talking about getting a juicer for YEARS. I figured he would like the Vitamixer better since he prefers to get the fiber in his juice. My boys want to give it to him today so that they can make smoothies.

Such a romantic 15th wedding anniversary present right?
OMG! You will have to let me know how it is! My DH has been wanting to buy one for AGES! We have a fruit juicer we use about once a year (if we get enough apples on our trees) though, so I am just worried we won't use it. I think I'll have to go in with the kids when they have taste-testings and see if they like it.
We don't do romantic gifts either so I think it is a GREAT idea. With 3 kids, our date night consists of a family trip to Home Depot! LOL!
__________________
ME , DH , DS8 , DS 6 , DD4

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.




April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #1118
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
OMG! You will have to let me know how it is! My DH has been wanting to buy one for AGES! We have a fruit juicer we use about once a year (if we get enough apples on our trees) though, so I am just worried we won't use it. I think I'll have to go in with the kids when they have taste-testings and see if they like it.
We don't do romantic gifts either so I think it is a GREAT idea. With 3 kids, our date night consists of a family trip to Home Depot! LOL!
We belong to a CSA so we get a lot of vegetables and some fruits each week for 30 weeks. I was having a tough time using some of the stuff up after the first few weeks, I figured if we blend some of the less favorable stuff with some tasty things we will use more of it up. My boys liked most of the stuff they blended, but only the oldest tried the soup. Personally I think I'll stick with making soup the old fashioned way. I will let you know how it goes.

Our date night is either coffee/tea at Panera's followed by a walk around Barnes and Noble, or wine and a game of Scrabble at home. Personally I'm fine with that. Last year for our anniversary we got rid of the kids for the night and just cooked dinner together. It was great.

This year we were going to go to a bed and breakfast down in Cape May since it's our 15th, but once we booked the trip I didn't want to spend the money on a long weekend too. Of course the Vitamix was pretty expensive too, but it should last a whole lot longer. Love the warranty too, 7 years top to bottom with no shipping charges.
__________________
Sheilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #1119
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
OMG! You will have to let me know how it is! My DH has been wanting to buy one for AGES! We have a fruit juicer we use about once a year (if we get enough apples on our trees) though, so I am just worried we won't use it. I think I'll have to go in with the kids when they have taste-testings and see if they like it.
We don't do romantic gifts either so I think it is a GREAT idea. With 3 kids, our date night consists of a family trip to Home Depot! LOL!
Totally relating to both of you.

We tried a juicer and it took way too much work to clean the darn thing.
I did not try a vitamixer but have a nutribullet that I like. I had a magic bullet and used to use that one all the time so we thought the nutribullet would be better because it was bigger. LOL I like it but have gotten away from making smoothies. Maybe your poke will get me motivated.

As far as gifts, I gave up thinking that would happen. My husband has been thoughtful in the past but mostly thoughtful not romantic things like jewelry.
Then again he doesn't hold me to a budget and I can buy things when I want them so I guess that would be romantic.
Just not the same when I buy myself that heart shaped necklace and such.

It's ok. I'm going to Disney!!! We did talk about buying something special for each of us while at Disney. Even talked jewelry.

The other way I see it, he comes home to me every night!
Let the Smoothies blend!!!
I actually considered bringing my small magic bullet for a protein shake in the mornings before parks. LOL But now that we have FD I'll save the room in the suitcase.
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #1120
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Totally relating to both of you.

We tried a juicer and it took way too much work to clean the darn thing.
I did not try a vitamixer but have a nutribullet that I like. I had a magic bullet and used to use that one all the time so we thought the nutribullet would be better because it was bigger. LOL I like it but have gotten away from making smoothies. Maybe your poke will get me motivated.

As far as gifts, I gave up thinking that would happen. My husband has been thoughtful in the past but mostly thoughtful not romantic things like jewelry.
Then again he doesn't hold me to a budget and I can buy things when I want them so I guess that would be romantic.
Just not the same when I buy myself that heart shaped necklace and such.

It's ok. I'm going to Disney!!! We did talk about buying something special for each of us while at Disney. Even talked jewelry.

The other way I see it, he comes home to me every night!
Let the Smoothies blend!!!
I actually considered bringing my small magic bullet for a protein shake in the mornings before parks. LOL But now that we have FD I'll save the room in the suitcase.
I'm not a jewelry kind of gal so after the first couple of years of marriage I realized that the whole gift thing was because of other people's expectations, not our own. I still really like him after all these years. I look forward to seeing him each night and we still chat away for hours like we were back in college.

As for cleaning the juicer, that is another reason I went with the Vitamix instead, easy breezy cleanup. Nothing comes apart. You put soap and water in the mixer, turn it on and then rinse. A friend of mine has had one for years and she swears it is that easy. She also brings this strange greenish drink every week to our co-op so I guess I'll be that crazy person drinking strange greenish drinks too.

I can't imagine we will be eating that healthy in Disney with the free dining. I better stock up on my vitamins now.
__________________

Last edited by Sheilby; 10-14-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Sheilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #1121
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose
 
wdwnut61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 4,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
30 days and I finally got my luggage today. Of course going in to Costco meant I also bought a lot of other things. My anniversary is on Thursday and we don't usually do presents unless one of us sees something the other would really like. I fell for the whole Vitamixer thing. My husband has been talking about getting a juicer for YEARS. I figured he would like the Vitamixer better since he prefers to get the fiber in his juice. My boys want to give it to him today so that they can make smoothies.

Such a romantic 15th wedding anniversary present right?
Yea you got your luggage. Did you get hardsided ?

Happy Anniversary
__________________





wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #1122
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose
 
wdwnut61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 4,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
We don't do romantic gifts either so I think it is a GREAT idea. With 3 kids, our date night consists of a family trip to Home Depot! LOL!
__________________





wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #1123
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran
 
CaraMiaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 1,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post

How old are your kids? I think, generally speaking, Pirates would probably be better for younger kids and also for kids that aren't big into card type games. Pirates and Agent P are more interactive within the park.
7/6/4, so I think I'll stick with Phineas and the pirate one. Thanks for the input!
__________________
ME , DH , DS8 , DS 6 , DD4

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.




April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #1124
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran
 
CaraMiaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 1,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post

We belong to a CSA so we get a lot of vegetables and some fruits each week for 30 weeks. I was having a tough time using some of the stuff up after the first few weeks, I figured if we blend some of the less favorable stuff with some tasty things we will use more of it up. My boys liked most of the stuff they blended, but only the oldest tried the soup. Personally I think I'll stick with making soup the old fashioned way. I will let you know how it goes.

Our date night is either coffee/tea at Panera's followed by a walk around Barnes and Noble, or wine and a game of Scrabble at home. Personally I'm fine with that. Last year for our anniversary we got rid of the kids for the night and just cooked dinner together. It was great.

This year we were going to go to a bed and breakfast down in Cape May since it's our 15th, but once we booked the trip I didn't want to spend the money on a long weekend too. Of course the Vitamix was pretty expensive too, but it should last a whole lot longer. Love the warranty too, 7 years top to bottom with no shipping charges.
I think I might look into the Vitamix for our Xmas present. After our Disney trip that is....I can't focus on anything else!
Which B&B were you going to stay at? My twin sister lives in Cape May...I love it there! My husband's family grew up going to Wildwood Crest, so we tend to split our time.
__________________
ME , DH , DS8 , DS 6 , DD4

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.




April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #1125
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
I think I might look into the Vitamix for our Xmas present. After our Disney trip that is....I can't focus on anything else!
Which B&B were you going to stay at? My twin sister lives in Cape May...I love it there! My husband's family grew up going to Wildwood Crest, so we tend to split our time.
I have a dinner reservation at Cape May.

I know you are not talking about Disney Cape May but I just had to say that.
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: