Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #1096
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I have no idea about any kind of pin. that is for the heads up on this. I need to check it out.
I think you only need a pin if you want to have charging privileges. If you don't use online check in you will choose one when you check in. It is just a way to keep your account safe should your band pop off and also keeps things from being rung up under your account accidentally if your band is too close to a reader.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #1097
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
Do u mean that u set one up for online checkin? That's the only time I've heard of a PIN being mentioned. It's so u can charge to your room.

I hope u get it sorted out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
Just modify your online check in and you can pick a new pin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I have no idea about any kind of pin. that is for the heads up on this. I need to check it out.
Quote:
I think you only need a pin if you want to have charging privileges. If you don't use online check in you will choose one when you check in. It is just a way to keep your account safe should your band pop off and also keeps things from being rung up under your account accidentally if your band is too close to a reader.
THATS IT!!!! I knew I had to pick a pin at some point for something and it was 4 digits but I couldn't remember where. and I knew it had to do with my MB. I'll go look at modify check in and see if I can change it there. Otherwise I'm not worried about charging to my room. I have to carry my Disney Visa around with me anyway if I want discounts.

Love you all!!! So super helpful to have people that can remember things for me. I'm super glad because people around here are tired of me even giving them the countdown and I just need more social time about Disney than they are offering. Some would say "get a life" but I guess most of you would agree that right now "Disney is my life" and that's ok. I know it will be here and gone before I know it. And probably pretty lonely since a lot of you are going the week before me, but hopefully the rest of you will still keep me connected until we all leave.

Gonna have an andriod tablet with us, so I hope to be connected during vacation. Of course that is if I sit still long enough.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #1098
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
THATS IT!!!! I knew I had to pick a pin at some point for something and it was 4 digits but I couldn't remember where. and I knew it had to do with my MB. I'll go look at modify check in and see if I can change it there. Otherwise I'm not worried about charging to my room. I have to carry my Disney Visa around with me anyway if I want discounts.

Love you all!!! So super helpful to have people that can remember things for me. I'm super glad because people around here are tired of me even giving them the countdown and I just need more social time about Disney than they are offering. Some would say "get a life" but I guess most of you would agree that right now "Disney is my life" and that's ok. I know it will be here and gone before I know it. And probably pretty lonely since a lot of you are going the week before me, but hopefully the rest of you will still keep me connected until we all leave.

Gonna have an andriod tablet with us, so I hope to be connected during vacation. Of course that is if I sit still long enough.

so either I'm entering the same code and it's messing up the system, or the online check in modification option is broken right now.
I did find the pin code thing in there and tried to set one but it's not letting me do it right now. At least I feel a little better knowing what it was for and so on. As I said if I can't get it fixed at the desk, I'll have my Disney Visa with me anyway.

Thanks everyone.

2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
Old 10-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #1099
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I just "discovered" it the other day but then everyone started talking about the Sorcerers thing so I figured that was better. I'm wondering if the pirates might be better for younger kids? I keep going back and forth as to which I want to try.
How old are your kids? I think, generally speaking, Pirates would probably be better for younger kids and also for kids that aren't big into card type games. Pirates and Agent P are more interactive within the park.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #1100
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I read a blog about the pirate thing and it sounds really cool, more interactive and not so much a screen thing. We are going to try both and then continue on with whichever one we like more. I read that each quest takes about 20 minutes and you can stop and start back up whenever you want. My boys are going to be ecstatic. They love MagiQuest at the Great Wolf Lodge. Not weird at all! Very cool about the later MK closing, but HS has been scheduled to close at 8pm the whole time so that is.
My DS11 is also a huge Magiquest fan. He wants to go to the big site in S.C. :-)

My son also loves SOTMK. I would say though that Pirates is probably better for younger kids. Actually, it's supposedly geared to younger kids and some reviewers said it won't present much of a challenge to older kids. SOTMK, on the other hand, can be a little hard to follow and managing all the cards is a challenge. We're going to do Pirates in the morning because it's new but we'll probably never do it again. We have most of the afternoon dedicated to SOTMK.

Also planning to do some Wilderness Explorers (just watched Up this weekend) and, of course, Agent P.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #1101
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:

It is nice to be able to talk Disney to those who won't sigh at you

I did get to talk a little Disney last night though. My in-laws were over for dinner and it was the last night to modify our Magic Bands. I know my MIL said that she and my FIL would just rather have the gray bands so they "blend" in, but I figured she hadn't actually asked him. Sure enough he said "why did you order my gray, green is my favorite color". He also wanted me to change his name to Paperino, it is the Italian name for Donald Duck. Too cute. Of course my plan backfired because now we have even less colors because they both picked colors my two older boys already picked and then my youngest was sad that no one was on his team so my husband had to switch to orange so that the youngest had someone to match. Now we are going to have less colors in the box (7 people, only 4 colors). Oh well.

Quote:
so either I'm entering the same code and it's messing up the system, or the online check in modification option is broken right now.
I did find the pin code thing in there and tried to set one but it's not letting me do it right now. At least I feel a little better knowing what it was for and so on. As I said if I can't get it fixed at the desk, I'll have my Disney Visa with me anyway.

Thanks everyone.
The online check-in is a bit crazy, even the modify part. I tired it a few times, and it lets me get past the choose pin thing, but I never get to the end. I think it took though since I did get a test text. If not I'll finish when I get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
My DS11 is also a huge Magiquest fan. He wants to go to the big site in S.C. :-)

My son also loves SOTMK. I would say though that Pirates is probably better for younger kids. Actually, it's supposedly geared to younger kids and some reviewers said it won't present much of a challenge to older kids. SOTMK, on the other hand, can be a little hard to follow and managing all the cards is a challenge. We're going to do Pirates in the morning because it's new but we'll probably never do it again. We have most of the afternoon dedicated to SOTMK.

Also planning to do some Wilderness Explorers (just watched Up this weekend) and, of course, Agent P.
Was that your first time seeing Up? Did you bawl like a baby the way my husband and I did?

I have a 6, 10 and 13 year old, but they never worry about things being babyish. They will want to do all those things. We have two days at MK so I'm sure we will get to both things for at least a bit. We are definitely doing the Agent P Adventures, but I didn't look into Wilderness Explorers, I vaguely remember seeing something about that - but no details stuck in my head.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #1102
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is nice to be able to talk Disney to those who won't sigh at you

I did get to talk a little Disney last night though. My in-laws were over for dinner and it was the last night to modify our Magic Bands. I know my MIL said that she and my FIL would just rather have the gray bands so they "blend" in, but I figured she hadn't actually asked him. Sure enough he said "why did you order my gray, green is my favorite color". He also wanted me to change his name to Paperino, it is the Italian name for Donald Duck. Too cute. Of course my plan backfired because now we have even less colors because they both picked colors my two older boys already picked and then my youngest was sad that no one was on his team so my husband had to switch to orange so that the youngest had someone to match. Now we are going to have less colors in the box (7 people, only 4 colors). Oh well.

The online check-in is a bit crazy, even the modify part. I tired it a few times, and it lets me get past the choose pin thing, but I never get to the end. I think it took though since I did get a test text. If not I'll finish when I get there.

That is too funny. Love that your Father in Law got into it. LOL on your mother in law being boring. I was informed by a friend that "grey" was not a color. LOL I knew I wanted pink, dh picked green. I don't even remember other than red/blue/grey/orange what that last option color was. LOL

ya no text messages for me.
I guess I'll just figure it out when I get there.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #1103
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

MB Benefit

Just read a post in another thread where one of the rides someone had a later FP+ for went down. Because a cell number and texting option was selected as part of their MB, Disney texted them suggesting they request a new FP+ time to avoid the down time. Very cool.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #1104
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Was that your first time seeing Up? Did you bawl like a baby the way my husband and I did? I have a 6, 10 and 13 year old, but they never worry about things being babyish. They will want to do all those things. We have two days at MK so I'm sure we will get to both things for at least a bit. We are definitely doing the Agent P Adventures, but I didn't look into Wilderness Explorers, I vaguely remember seeing something about that - but no details stuck in my head.
Tears pouring down m face. I think my DS is a little miffed that a Disney movie was so sad.

Wilderness Explorers is a book that you get stamps in. Like a more elaborate version of the old AK Kidcot stations. Unlike these other games, the stations are part of the regular park attractions. We plan to pick up a book as soon as we get off Safari.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #1105
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is too funny. Love that your Father in Law got into it. LOL on your mother in law being boring. I was informed by a friend that "grey" was not a color. LOL I knew I wanted pink, dh picked green. I don't even remember other than red/blue/grey/orange what that last option color was. LOL

Looked it up.....YELLOW which would be DS19s choice if I was taking him. LOL

I did a google search and started laughing when

a picture of the magic bands without the grey outer band. Did anyone else see the purple band? Yellow must have replaced purple for some strange reason.

I laughed and feel sad for you purple fans. Not sure why the option was excluded. But the customized bands with the designs were interesting.

http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/03/02/d...in-to-surface/

Can wait to get our His and Hers bands!!!

33 days to go!

Old 10-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #1106
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:

I only got the text message when I first did the online check in, even though it didn't get all the way to the end then either. Did you put in your cell phone number and check that you wanted to be texted when your room was ready?

I agree, gray is not a color. The colors now are red, green, blue, yellow, orange, pink and the non-color gray. Figment chick has a picture of them on the second post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Just read a post in another thread where one of the rides someone had a later FP+ for went down. Because a cell number and texting option was selected as part of their MB, Disney texted them suggesting they request a new FP+ time to avoid the down time. Very cool.
That is cool, I like that.

Quote:
Tears pouring down m face. I think my DS is a little miffed that a Disney movie was so sad.

Wilderness Explorers is a book that you get stamps in. Like a more elaborate version of the old AK Kidcot stations. Unlike these other games, the stations are part of the regular park attractions. We plan to pick up a book as soon as we get off Safari.
I never even knew there was a kidcot thing in AK last time I was there, shows how much I know. Thanks for the info about the books, I'll definitely look for them.

Yes, Up was a real tearjerker during that montage. Our kids thought we were crazy when they saw tears streaming down our faces in the theater.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #1107
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Grey stuff

Hey was just catching up on Disney food blog.
The Grey stuff is now on the menu officially for everyone!
I like the cupcake option at lunch too.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...st-restaurant/

Old 10-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #1108
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How old are your kids? I think, generally speaking, Pirates would probably be better for younger kids and also for kids that aren't big into card type games. Pirates and Agent P are more interactive within the park.
Funny, I had only heard about the Agent P(but we only did the old Kim Possible game) game until I read about the Pirates and Sorcerers games a few days ago on this thread. They are only at MK, right? I wonder which one would be good for all of my kids to do together? Tough because my DS is 12 and soooo mature and doesn't always want to do the "baby" stuff my 5yo. does.

Quote:
Was that your first time seeing Up? Did you bawl like a baby the way my husband and I did?

I have a 6, 10 and 13 year old, but they never worry about things being babyish. They will want to do all those things. We have two days at MK so I'm sure we will get to both things for at least a bit. We are definitely doing the Agent P Adventures, but I didn't look into Wilderness Explorers, I vaguely remember seeing something about that - but no details stuck in my head.
I didn't hear about the Wilderness Explorers until today. Is this just at AK? We did do a passport a few years ago at F&W. You have to go to different countries and kiosks and get their stamp in your passport book and when you are done you enter the main pavilion in FW and they mark you complete.

And yes I bawled my eyes out when I saw Up. It gets me so depressed so if the kids catch it on TV, I have to leave the room.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #1109
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
Funny, I had only heard about the Agent P(but we only did the old Kim Possible game) game until I read about the Pirates and Sorcerers games a few days ago on this thread. They are only at MK, right? I wonder which one would be good for all of my kids to do together? Tough because my DS is 12 and soooo mature and doesn't always want to do the "baby" stuff my 5yo. does. I didn't hear about the Wilderness Explorers until today. Is this just at AK? We did do a passport a few years ago at F&W. You have to go to different countries and kiosks and get their stamp in your passport book and when you are done you enter the main pavilion in FW and they mark you complete. And yes I bawled my eyes out when I saw Up. It gets me so depressed so if the kids catch it on TV, I have to leave the room.
Yes, Wilderness Explorers is at AK. There are two passports in Epcot - the one for Food & Wine (also for flower and garden) and the Kidcot one. I'm debating whether to do a Kidcot passport this trip since we'll only be in WS part of one day. DS really enjoys it though.

Josh just posted updated hours. There are a lot of extended hours. Now I have to decide whether to squeeze more stuff in.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #1110
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey was just catching up on Disney food blog.
The Grey stuff is now on the menu officially for everyone!
I like the cupcake option at lunch too.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...st-restaurant/
Went directly to the site and there is a grey stuff brownie making a debute for halloween season. Yikes!!! but how fun!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: