Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #1051
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Ummmmm I happened to be a Diet Pepsi girl myself.
So it's a little sad when all the machines and places switch over to Diet Coke. I've actually switched to unsweetened ice tea for that reason.
We can no longer be friends. Sorry.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #1052
AMateus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2977 View Post
We picked Buzz, Space Mt., and BTMRR.
Those are my FP choices as well
AMateus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #1053
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post

Jeesh, you are tough! I don't drink soda at all. Not sure if you will still stalk me or not now... : )

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #1054
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

your loss!
I was willing to overlook your short comings.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #1055
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I actually picked my days before seeing Josh's recommendations, I wanted to do the opposite of what I did the last time (hit every EMH), so after I picked my dates and found out about EasyWDW and compared them I got a laugh. I didn't always pick his most recommended park, but I didn't pick his not recommended either.

Kick 'em back

I read a blog about the pirate thing and it sounds really cool, more interactive and not so much a screen thing. We are going to try both and then continue on with whichever one we like more. I read that each quest takes about 20 minutes and you can stop and start back up whenever you want. My boys are going to be ecstatic. They love MagiQuest at the Great Wolf Lodge.

Not weird at all!

Very cool about the later MK closing, but HS has been scheduled to close at 8pm the whole time so that isn't new.

As for getting dark, sunset in mid November is about 5:30pm so it will take another 30 minutes to get really dark after that. The time change happens on November 3rd so the first 2 days of November the sunset is around 6:40 or so.

You are definitely not alone on the end of October paranoia, my town has been testing their emergency texting and reverse 911 all week. Scared the bejeebers out of me when a text and e-mail came through just as both my phones rang. I thought the world was coming to an end.

As for the crown calendars, there are still plenty of people who don't know. I have been correcting people's plans for the last few weeks for Jersey folks that I know who are going at the beginning of the month. I'm a huge tech fan that loves reading everything, yet I didn't plan at all for my last trip. Didn't even dawn on me that you had to research a vacation. man did I learn my lesson. Good thing I went in September when the crowds were lighter.
As close as we are, we've never been to great Wolf lodge. But after looking into it more, I think we will be going with the interactive pirate one, since my kids are younger, I just think it will hold thwir interest more. I don't think we will have time for both. Which blog wrote about the pirate one?

When Disney finds out about all of us going to HS on the 18th, maybe they'll extend the hours to 9:00. LOL! I hope not though, that would draw more people over to "our time".

I kinda liked Trick or Treating in the dark last year. Who needs electricity! We were without power for 7 days! Ah, good times.

Well I sure hope you have good picks as far as crowds this year!

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #1056
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Jeesh, you are tough! I don't drink soda at all. Not sure if you will still stalk me or not now... : )
Nah, at least you were smart enough to pick the same days as me so you can't be that bad. I really don't drink my beloved Diet Coke unless I'm out anyway. It really can't be good for me, but I do love the taste of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post

your loss!
I was willing to overlook your short comings.
You might not be able to overlook my shortcomings, but at the very least I'm short enough for you to be able to overlook me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
As close as we are, we've never been to great Wolf lodge. But after looking into it more, I think we will be going with the interactive pirate one, since my kids are younger, I just think it will hold thwir interest more. I don't think we will have time for both. Which blog wrote about the pirate one?

When Disney finds out about all of us going to HS on the 18th, maybe they'll extend the hours to 9:00. LOL! I hope not though, that would draw more people over to "our time".

I kinda liked Trick or Treating in the dark last year. Who needs electricity! We were without power for 7 days! Ah, good times.

Well I sure hope you have good picks as far as crowds this year!
I can't find some of the ones I read but here are a few things:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/kristi...a_pirates.html

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-kingdom-park/

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/0...e-experiences/

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-adventureland

Two Halloweens ago we enjoyed trick or treating in the dark with the snow, but last year was too dangerous. There were so many power lines and trees down and branches were hanging down everywhere. A lot of people left and went out west looking for hotels too. We had an impromptu trunk or treating at a parking lot nearby. Thanks goodness for texting chains.

I don't want to draw anymore people to the 18th, but with EMH the day before at HS, I am still hopeful the day will have less crowds. I wouldn't mind a slightly later close so that I didn't feel rushed through the lights.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #1057
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

This has a lot of detailed information about the new game: http://micechat.com/28863-pirates-ad...magic-kingdom/
Old 10-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #1058
jce2
Mouseketeer

Anyone hear and new rumors/facts/etc. about friends & family dining discounts for November? The current deal ends in 11 days (October 26th).

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #1059
Nechville
DIS Veteran

I haven't checked park hours for months. Better check and update my spreadsheet!
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #1060
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post

Thank you for reminding me!!! Yay!
Downtown will be entirely transformed into Christmas and Ghiradellis will be giving free peppermint bark. Lol we will b there that day as well
Old 10-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #1061
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Two questions:

Where do you check park hours? Wdw website, easy wdw, etc?

What is this pirates thing I saw on a post a few pages ago?
Old 10-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #1062
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jce2 View Post
Anyone hear and new rumors/facts/etc. about friends & family dining discounts for November? The current deal ends in 11 days (October 26th).
I don't even know what that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Downtown will be entirely transformed into Christmas and Ghiradellis will be giving free peppermint bark. Lol we will b there that day as well
My husband will be going crazy over free peppermint bark. I really didn't think we would get to see that. I really don't know why I didn't extend our vacation another day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
Two questions:

Where do you check park hours? Wdw website, easy wdw, etc?

What is this pirates thing I saw on a post a few pages ago?
Normally I use the pdf ones that you see robo posting, but the new park hours were only updated last night after midnight so only Disney's main site is showing them right now. I expect the others to follow in a few days.

The Pirates Adventure is a quest through Adventure land with interactive stuff all around. I posted a bunch of links that explains it all.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #1063
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
I place a garden grocer order just so I can have my Dr Pepper! I tell my husband it's for snacks, water, and breakfast items, but the whole reason I looked into it in the first place was for Dr Pepper!
We always rent a car (this time, we'll have the Mommy Mobile because of the AutoTrain), so we stop at the local Wal-Mart. First thing I go for is my soda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerieFire View Post
Here's our schedule:

11/1 - MK (MNSSHP also)
11/2 - AK
11/3 - HS
11/4 - EP
11/5 - MK
11/6 - BB
11/7 - DTD (part AM), MK (PM)
11/8 - MK (MVMCP, TTDP also)
11/9 - EP (AM), HS (PM)
11/10 - MK (AM)
Our 11/01 and 11/04 match! Our 11/02 & 11/03 are flip-flopped. We will be having our rest day on the 5th (and O'hana for dinner). The 6th through the 9th we will probably just hop from park to park or do our favorites (and more of Epcot). I think we will be at MK on the 7th, but I'm not positive.

Hope we get to say hi to each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jce2 View Post
Hello! Just got the word yesterday and I haven't been online to email you. Yes, the offer was extended. However, my resort, OKW isn't included in it so it doesn't affect me. You'll want to call the number on your reservation and talk with them to see if the new offer helps you. Good luck! Because ours wasn't extended, I can't get a new Dooney & Bourke bag (well, I can, but I can't get the extra one I wanted. lol) But that's ok: I'm going to Disney!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #1064
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

This is the first I'm reading about DTD. Does anyone have more information on the Christmas stuff?

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #1065
jce2
Mouseketeer

Just got off the phone with an agent and had a very confusing conversation. First, only the CM can add the dining to my vacation. Then she implied the F&F package was available for all resorts which clearly is not the case. In any event I will have my CM friend call and see what we can work out. I am also concerned because she worded it as a "package". Does that include tickets, because I already have those!

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: