Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #961
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Mickey mail

I got my Mickey Mail.

Hmmm luggage tags but no Magical express. Interesting.
Also got my vouchers which I thought I got at the hotel but ...ok.
The fine print says they might be included but might be mailed separately. LOL
I guess they are coming separately.

Since none of this can be used until I get there, I think it's funny that they bother to mail it to me. Maybe it's to encourage us to add these places to our Itinerary????

Well it gave me a minute of excitement. Now move on.
Geeze I better got get the suitcases off my son's bed. He'll be home in about an hour.

Happy Packing everyone. Can't believe it's only 35 days away for us!
Agree it's strange I started counting in the 200 range and to be now in the 30's.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #962
Jennybump
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney

Fake reminds me of the real stuff. So I still don't have to like it.
Fully aware it's Disney snow and won't be accumulating. Hope you can sleep now.
But what IS it? Is it a chemical snow product, or shaved ice snow blown out and somehow not turning to rain in the FL climate, or is it bubbles like someone said? I am genuinely curious, if anyone can help me out. :-)
Jennybump is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #963
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennybump View Post
But what IS it? Is it a chemical snow product, or shaved ice snow blown out and somehow not turning to rain in the FL climate, or is it bubbles like someone said? I am genuinely curious, if anyone can help me out. :-)
Someone said it was a soap like chemical substance. Don't know but I'm sure it will be pretty in the lights.
MK has it also during the MVMCP on Main st.

I just think it's funny that people relate snow to Christmas. Especially since not everyone sees snow. Those poor kids that thing Disney snow is the real deal.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #964
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
I got my Mickey Mail. Hmmm luggage tags but no Magical express. Interesting. Also got my vouchers which I thought I got at the hotel but ...ok. The fine print says they might be included but might be mailed separately. LOL I guess they are coming separately. Since none of this can be used until I get there, I think it's funny that they bother to mail it to me. Maybe it's to encourage us to add these places to our Itinerary???? Well it gave me a minute of excitement. Now move on. Geeze I better got get the suitcases off my son's bed. He'll be home in about an hour. Happy Packing everyone. Can't believe it's only 35 days away for us! Agree it's strange I started counting in the 200 range and to be now in the 30's.
exciting news!!! Maybe that means mine will be here on Monday I have a bag I keep adding to when I get something in the mail. My dh thinks I need a bigger bag .

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #965
Jrabbit910

Quote:
Pretty sure it's "magic" snow

Old 10-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #966
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
11/13. Arrive POR DTD
11/14. EP
11/15. MK
11/16. AK
11/17. Rest day/pool shopping
11/18. HS
11/19. MK
11/20. HS
11/21. AK
11/22. Rest day/ pool shopping
11/23. MK
11/24. ???
11/25. Leave
I had posted this before if it can be added to the first page thanks FigmentChick

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #967
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Hi everyone

We just booked a last minute (sort of) trip for 23rd-29th at OKW in a 2 bdrm villa. We are super excited! While booking on the phone I was told that we are eligible for the magic bands and fp+!!! Now I am MORE than super excited!! I need to go back and read everything to learn how to work all of this. I used to be here on the Dis on a regular basis but the past year has been a whirlwind for us. My mom is fighting brain cancer. As of this moment the cancer is gone and she is doing maintenance chemo. She is coming with us on this trip which makes it even more special. As many times as we have gone, this is our first trip during Thanksgiving. We are excited to see all the decorations for Thanksgiving & Christmas.

Anyway, long story short....Glad I found this thread. Looking forward to talking with all of you over the next month!
Old 10-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #968
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Looks like I'm stalking both Sheilby and CaraMiaBella on 4 of our park days 15,16,18,19.

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #969
Jrabbit910

Hi blueeyed! Welcome back to the boards and happy planning! Hoping ur trip is extra magical especially for ur mom! Hoping she stays well and wishing u all the best!

Old 10-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #970
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
Hi blueeyed! Welcome back to the boards and happy planning! Hoping ur trip is extra magical especially for ur mom! Hoping she stays well and wishing u all the best!
Thank you!

Have you guys done WDW during the holidays before? We are doing the whole week of Thanksgiving. There are NO MVMCP that week which I am sort of bummed over. But I'm wondering why? Is it because the parks will be so crowded or do they have special things planned during that week?
Old 10-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #971
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Ok , time for a few more hints and tips from xipo!!!

(Since last one was so popular)

I have been reading some posts and thought I would give my VAST WDW experience to answer them. ;P

1, SNOW, its a soap mixture, non-toxic obviously. It doesn't taste bad either ( yes I added that , you know someone's kid will want to catch it on their tongue)

2. FP choices: JOLM (Little Mermaid) is a clamshell ride similar to HM, and Nemo in Epcot. We were able to ride last November during preview. I do not think its worth a FP. The line , no matter how long , will move really quick. Plus the theming in the que is amazing, and like SPM it has games to play if you do wait. FP for STWB ( Belle) is a must if available. I think POTC and BTMRR are also good choices, and then SplM and Buzz.

3. If you cannot get a BOG ( I just got one keep trying especially 2 days before. Go at 3:30- 4:00 just before dinner for the shortest wait. Or during Wishes or a Parade.

4. Peter Pan will reopen 17th , FP is a a available this ride , combined with Poo can be the most horrible lines to wait on due to the little one factor...

5. Do not forget to play Sorcerer's of the MK card game. 7-10 yod video gamers will love this interactive secret game. Buy a set of cards off ebay , you can only get 1set for free each day at the world.

Mmmmmm thats all for now....ask away and I'll answer as many as I can before Nov 9th ( squeeeeeee! ) 28 days !!!!!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse

Last edited by xipotec; 10-12-2013 at 05:52 PM.
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #972
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post

Thank you!

Have you guys done WDW during the holidays before? We are doing the whole week of Thanksgiving. There are NO MVMCP that week which I am sort of bummed over. But I'm wondering why? Is it because the parks will be so crowded or do they have special things planned during that week?
Yep, all park hours will be maxed out, its one of the busiest times of the year, good luck!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #973
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:

Long story long:
We are traveling as part of a homeschool group so each of our three kids, ages 11-turning6atWDW, has to take a class. We are also staying offsite, and traveling with my parents and my brother, SIL, and their 4 kids ages 10-1, but there's no big pressure to stay together as a group of 13. And I want to do ALL THE DISNEY THINGS, but I have also promised I will NOT be a Disney Drill Sergeant and run everyone ragged. LOL
We are home schoolers too, but I am not daring enough to tackle that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
What's everyone's lgmh looking like ?
Um, it looks like a lime green Mickey Head

Quote:
I got my Mickey Mail.

Hmmm luggage tags but no Magical express. Interesting.
Also got my vouchers which I thought I got at the hotel but ...ok.
The fine print says they might be included but might be mailed separately. LOL
I guess they are coming separately.

Since none of this can be used until I get there, I think it's funny that they bother to mail it to me. Maybe it's to encourage us to add these places to our Itinerary????
Same thing for me, what a waste of a stamp. Why not include the ME tags? I gave them the info at the beginning of August when I booked.

Quote:
Someone said it was a soap like chemical substance. Don't know but I'm sure it will be pretty in the lights.
MK has it also during the MVMCP on Main st.

I just think it's funny that people relate snow to Christmas. Especially since not everyone sees snow. Those poor kids that thing Disney snow is the real deal.
I refuse to be anywhere warm when Christmas rolls around. It must be cold and I want snow!

Quote:
I had posted this before if it can be added to the first page thanks FigmentChick
Sorry, I must have missed it, I updated the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Hi everyone

We just booked a last minute (sort of) trip for 23rd-29th at OKW in a 2 bdrm villa. We are super excited! While booking on the phone I was told that we are eligible for the magic bands and fp+!!! Now I am MORE than super excited!! I need to go back and read everything to learn how to work all of this. I used to be here on the Dis on a regular basis but the past year has been a whirlwind for us. My mom is fighting brain cancer. As of this moment the cancer is gone and she is doing maintenance chemo. She is coming with us on this trip which makes it even more special. As many times as we have gone, this is our first trip during Thanksgiving. We are excited to see all the decorations for Thanksgiving & Christmas.

Anyway, long story short....Glad I found this thread. Looking forward to talking with all of you over the next month!
So sorry about your mom, my birth mother had brain cancer, but it was way before all these modern treatments. She was actually one of the trial people who got interferon(sp?) implanted directly into her brain. Hope your mom has a magical trip.

Quote:
Looks like I'm stalking both Sheilby and CaraMiaBella on 4 of our park days 15,16,18,19.
Yes you are, we are going to have to have a DIS party one of those days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post

4. Peter Pan will reopen 17th , FP is a a available this ride , combined with Poo can be the most horrible lines to wait on due to the little one factor...

5. Do not forget to play Sorcerer's of the MK card game. 7-10 yod video gamers will love this interactive secret game. Buy a set of cards off ebay , you can only get 1set for free each day at the world.
Wait, what? I thought Peter Pan was only closed until the 13th? I think I booked a FP+ for it on the 15th.

We never played Sorcerer's of the MK before, but since we have 7 people in our party I figured we would each get a pack and that would be enough. Do we really need to get some in advance?
Old 10-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #974
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I got my Mickey Mail. Hmmm luggage tags but no Magical express. Interesting. Also got my vouchers which I thought I got at the hotel but ...ok. The fine print says they might be included but might be mailed separately. LOL I guess they are coming separately. Since none of this can be used until I get there, I think it's funny that they bother to mail it to me. Maybe it's to encourage us to add these places to our Itinerary???? Well it gave me a minute of excitement. Now move on. Geeze I better got get the suitcases off my son's bed. He'll be home in about an hour. Happy Packing everyone. Can't believe it's only 35 days away for us! Agree it's strange I started counting in the 200 range and to be now in the 30's.
DME luggage tags & voucher alway comes separate from Mickey Mail due to it coming directly from DME. I received my DME package on the 2nd of October but still waiting on Mickey Mail & we have 36 days.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #975
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post

I have been reading some posts and thought I would give my VAST WDW experience to answer them. ;P

2. FP choices: JOLM (Little Mermaid) is a clamshell ride similar to HM, and Nemo in Epcot. We were able to ride last November during preview. I do not think its worth a FP. The line , no matter how long , will move really quick. Plus the theming in the que is amazing, and like SPM it has games to play if you do wait. FP for STWB ( Belle) is a must if available. I think POTC and BTMRR are also good choices, and then SplM and Buzz.

Mmmmmm thats all for now....ask away and I'll answer as many as I can before Nov 9th ( squeeeeeee! ) 28 days !!!!!
OK, you are going to make me change my FP+ again!
I had one for Barnstormer, changed it to JOLM because it sounded like it was so popular. Now I don't want to miss the queue theming! Why oh why do they make us make these decisions so far in advance?!
Oh and that will likely be my kid trying to eat the "snow"....I'll let you all know what he says it tastes like. : )

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: