Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #556
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Reading about the credit card guarantee/charge for missed ADRs got me thinking about being late. Last year we were about 15 minutes late for a Coral Reef dinner. We had left MK 90 minutes early, but then found the monorail was down. We waited over an hour for a bus (they brought as many as they could and I'm still impressed they were able to scramble as many as they did so fast). When we got there they told us we were late. We explained the situation and we were seated soon after and all was fine. But IF something like this happens again, is there a number you can call to tell a restaurant you are still coming? Or do they all hold your reservation for say, 15-20 minutes?
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #557
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Reading about the credit card guarantee/charge for missed ADRs got me thinking about being late. Last year we were about 15 minutes late for a Coral Reef dinner. We had left MK 90 minutes early, but then found the monorail was down. We waited over an hour for a bus (they brought as many as they could and I'm still impressed they were able to scramble as many as they did so fast). When we got there they told us we were late. We explained the situation and we were seated soon after and all was fine. But IF something like this happens again, is there a number you can call to tell a restaurant you are still coming? Or do they all hold your reservation for say, 15-20 minutes?
It's Disney, so no doubt in a situation like that, they would do what they can to get you seated. And I would suspect the first few months there will be a leeway if you show up late. I mean, Disney likes to focus on family and kids. What family hasn't been late because of a 'tantrum' or other situation? I think the focus is to avoid the reservations that just skip out all together because they find something else they want to do. They just want people to start calling so they can give the table away to a family that does show up. I think it's a good incentive.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #558
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thats a really good questions. I know when I'm late I like to call the people expecting me. I wonder if the disney dining reservation line would be a good place to call and they could give the restaurant a heads up.
I guess if we don't get an answer before i get there, I'll have to ask the front desk at the resort. I wonder if they would be the ones to call for you???

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #559
dayvewc
DIS Veteran

When I was there this summer, I got stuck waiting for Tinkerbell. The 45 minute wait wound up being 90 minutes. I called the dining line to check and let them know why I was gonna be late. I was told, and we all know to take responses with a grain of salt, that they allow 15-20 minutes before they release the reservation.

Your mileage may vary, past results are no predictor of future actions, many will enter - few will win, only the good die young.
July '09 and New Years Eve '09 offsite . Spring Break '11 Orange Lake , August '12 WorldGate , July '13 Orange Lake , Halloween '13 Saratoga Springs , Spring Break '14 Orange Lake , July '14 Silver Lake , Spring Break '15 DisneyLand Grand Californian

dayvewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #560
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvewc View Post
Your mileage may vary, past results are no predictor of future actions, many will enter - few will win, only the good die young.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:20 AM   #561
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You just call the regular dining number. I know this, because I called it when we were running late once in 2009 and again in 2011 (and I have OCD, so you'd think I would have been ahead of schedule). I just called 407-WDW-DINE.

Hope this helps!!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #562
FaerieFire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
The thing I read about linking your MNSSHP tickets to your MB is not that the linking will cause problems, but that you shouldn't actually use the bands to enter the parks for the party because the computer gets confused (especially between 4 and 7) and it might take another day off your regular tickets.
We're actually spending the whole day in the park one day and are just leaving briefly for lunch the other, well before 4, so I wouldn't think it would be an issue. But we'll have the card tickets, too, so we can just use them those days, to be safe. I would hope they've got any problems like that fixed by then anyway...

ASMu-4/11, AoA-LM-11/12
Living the life!
FaerieFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #563
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Slap some Mickey Ears and a Tiara on them and be good to go for Halloween.
AFter all priorities!!!!
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #564
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Disney is extending the credit card guarantee to all table service restaurants for reservations made after 10/31.

http://feedly.com/k/16JOQWP
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #565
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

50 DAYS today!!!!! I can't wait!! I still can't believe we're in October already!!! Are you guys getting excited?!

mrsap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #566
Jennybump
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney

Waking early and going for walks....so you are seeking meltdowns now in order to make your Disney schedule meltdown-proof? !
Exactly!! Meltdowns here = no biggie. Meltdowns at WDW = less WDW! Not cool! :-)
Jennybump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #567
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennybump View Post
Exactly!! Meltdowns here = no biggie. Meltdowns at WDW = less WDW! Not cool! :-)
No, it's not cool and I usually have one each trip (I can't remember having one last trip, though). My poor family......

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #568
aklumpp
Lovin' the Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Anyone able to customize MB or make FP+ selections yet? I just made my FP+ selections for Nov 2-7, but I can't customize MBs yet. Other Nov check ins are just now reporting they can.
My checkin date is Nov 21st (@ BLT). I was able to customize MB last week.

1996: Dixie Landings (Now Port Orleans-Riverside)
1999: Villas at Disney Institute (Replaced by Saratoga Springs)
2002: Old Key West
2005: Cabins at Fort Wilderness
2008: Wilderness Lodge
2009: Bay Lake Tower
2011: Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
2013: Bay Lake Tower
2015: Disney Dream
aklumpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #569
aklumpp
Lovin' the Magic

Our Disney Plans

Would love some feedback on our plans for this year's trip.

Nov 21 - Arrive & hit MVMCP (first timers for the party)
Nov 22 - Magic Kingdom all day (BBB booked for the girls in our group & Liberty Tree for dinner)
Nov 23 - Golf for the guys and Downtown Disney shopping for the girls. Ohana for the whole bunch that night.
Nov 24 - Epcot all day (Family photo session in the morning @ World Showcase then Behind the Seeds tour in the afternoon. Garden Grill for dinner)
Nov 25 - SeaWorld and dinner with Shamu (I know, I know...just trying a little change)
Nov 26 - Fishing excursion then maybe mini-golf and try Beaches and Cream for dinner
Nov 27 - Hollywood Studios all day Sci-fi Theater for lunch and 50's Primetime for dinner
Nov 28 - Thanksgiving dinner at The Wave then start our trip home.

Suggestions are welcomed!

1996: Dixie Landings (Now Port Orleans-Riverside)
1999: Villas at Disney Institute (Replaced by Saratoga Springs)
2002: Old Key West
2005: Cabins at Fort Wilderness
2008: Wilderness Lodge
2009: Bay Lake Tower
2011: Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
2013: Bay Lake Tower
2015: Disney Dream
aklumpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #570
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerieFire View Post
We're actually spending the whole day in the park one day and are just leaving briefly for lunch the other, well before 4, so I wouldn't think it would be an issue. But we'll have the card tickets, too, so we can just use them those days, to be safe. I would hope they've got any problems like that fixed by then anyway...
Yeah, then it shouldn't be a problem. It seemed like the people who were having problems were the people who weren't using a day at the parks that day and were just trying to use their party tickets to enter between 4-7. The computer seemed to think that because it was before the official start it should just ding their park tickets.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: