Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #2851
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
I'm using this forecast http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+USFL0615:1:US it only gets me through the first part of my stay but I like it better than yours
Too funny. Actually I don't like yours, it has my first day pretty darn cool. Unfortunately the 40's that I mentioned are the days that yours doesn't cover. I stopped using weather dot com because it wasn't as reliable for my area, no idea about Florida though. This is the site I've been checking: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orl...weather/328169
Old 11-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #2852
Vickmeys
Yikes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
Well I am glad I am not alone I much rather it hot than too cold! Been there done that with a December 2010 trip with record low temps of 28 degrees!
We were at WDW in Dec. 2010 and 28 degrees. We LOVED it! Hoping it will cool off in a few days for our next trip.

Vickmeys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2013, 01:15 AM   #2853
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

I'm so upset, I went to get rid of my FP+ for Fantasmic and when I did it screwed up our Toy Story Mania even though I never touched it. Now 3 of us are booked for it at 2pm like I wanted it and the other 4 are booked for it at 6:15. I tried to copy the correct ones to all of us, but it doesn't work and when I try to modify the time for Toy story on the 4 that are wrong no other times are available.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #2854
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post

That's what I can't decide on, the chilly nights. I have a cute leather jacket but no sweatshirt that I like.
One of the few good things about needing a stroller is having the basket to store all the crap you "might" need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post

Oh no, that must be really hard to pull it all together without a day off, you need a wife
I have to admit DH does a lot. Because he worked the weekend, he is now off until we leave. I have left him quite a list of things he has to do. But the bulk of everything (packing) I will just have to stay up to do.

Quote:

Too funny. Actually I don't like yours, it has my first day pretty darn cool. Unfortunately the 40's that I mentioned are the days that yours doesn't cover. I stopped using weather dot com because it wasn't as reliable for my area, no idea about Florida though. This is the site I've been checking: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orl...weather/328169
At least the 69 high is gone and back to the 70s.

I must be more stressed than I realize. Yesterday I woke up at 4 and couldn't go back to sleep. Today I was up at 2! And I might have drifted back for a bit here and there, but I know I was tossing and turning so much it wasn't much. If this doesn't get better i am going to be too exhausted to enjoy Disney, or make myself sick.
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:36 AM   #2855
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so upset, I went to get rid of my FP+ for Fantasmic and when I did it screwed up our Toy Story Mania even though I never touched it. Now 3 of us are booked for it at 2pm like I wanted it and the other 4 are booked for it at 6:15. I tried to copy the correct ones to all of us, but it doesn't work and when I try to modify the time for Toy story on the 4 that are wrong no other times are available.
I'm not going to touch anything! This is exactly what I was afraid of! Hope you get it straightened out!
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #2856
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh no! Cancelling F! is what messed up my FP+ too but I ended up with extras, not different times - that is so weird.

And as for the weather I was looking for a local forecast that goes ten days out but all I saw was the Orlando Sentinel and that only goes 5 days out. I know at home I have better luck with local forecasters. Accuweather and weather channel have both been known to tell me it is sunny out when it is snowing

I just noticed myfoxorlando has 7 days, that'll do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
One of the few good things about needing a stroller is having the basket to store all the crap you "might" need.
We have an old stroller with a basket that DH said is too ugly/junky to bring. He wants to bring the super plain umbrella stroller. I'd rather have the one with worn out fabric with a basket underneath, than the umbrella. I will probably just pack the minivan when he was at work so I can make sure I get my way
Old 11-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #2857
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

For all of you stressing about getting the packing done in time, no worries, it will get done I promise! I procrastinated like I always do and packed for me and 3 kids the day before and morning of our departure. Oh and our departure day was Halloween, so we had to deal with costumes, school parades and parties, and trick or treating that day too. I did manage to squeeze in a mani/pedi that morning too; I was really impressed with myself. I have to admit DH was a big help, especially on our departure day. I didn't realize he took off that day from work too so he took kids to and from school which is a huge help.

We had great weather down there, 70-80's during the day and 60-70's at night. We only brought our sweatshirts/zip hoodies with us if we knew we were going to be out until bed, but most days we were stopping back at the resort to swim or rest before hopping to another park or heading out somewhere else to dinner. We didn't need pants at all on any night but we are usually a hot family. If it were to drop to the 50's we would have changed to pants.

It only rained one day of our trip and we faithfully checked the hourly weather report before leaving for the parks. So we only brought the ponchos on the one day we needed them. We brought a backpack for when we needed jackets and mostly hung it on our stroller. I have to admit that having a stroller was so helpful for carrying stuff and holding drinks.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #2858
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
I must be more stressed than I realize. Yesterday I woke up at 4 and couldn't go back to sleep. Today I was up at 2! And I might have drifted back for a bit here and there, but I know I was tossing and turning so much it wasn't much. If this doesn't get better i am going to be too exhausted to enjoy Disney, or make myself sick.
After messing up the FP+ I spent hours trying to fix it. I was so upset that I wound up being up until after 5. Now I feel like I have a hangover from lack of sleep. I'm queasy and my head hurts.

Quote:
I'm not going to touch anything! This is exactly what I was afraid of! Hope you get it straightened out!
Quote:
Oh no! Cancelling F! is what messed up my FP+ too but I ended up with extras, not different times - that is so weird.
This is what happened. We all had TSMM from 2-3, then we were split for ToT and RNRC and then we all had Fantasmic. Originally we were going to switch bands for the two big rides since there is only 3 of us that will go on RNRC and ToT so it made sense which is why we had it that way. Anyway, I figured now that we didn't need Fantasmic, I would move us all to RNR during what was the split time and then turn Fantasmic into ToT and then move the time a bit earlier. That alone should highlight how clunky the stupid system is that I had to do it in so many steps. Anyway, I decided to use the copy function on the 4 of us who were different than the other 3 to make sure we all had the same thing before switching the Fantasmic out. I've done the same thing before without an issue. Anyway, I hit copy and it says these experiences will replace these experiences or however it words it. The problem is when you use the copy function it just lists the 3 experiences, it doesn't list their times. The 3 experiences were correct so I accepted it. That is when I noticed that it had moved the 4 of us to a new time slot for TSMM. It made no sense, it wasn't like their wasn't room in the 2-3 slot, 1 minute before that we all had been in the the 2pm slot.

At first I didn't panic because I figured I'd select us 4 and move the time slot just for TSMM. No dice, the only time I could move it to was during Fantasmic. So I tried to move us one by one. I got two of us moved to times that overlapped the other 3 by at least 20 minutes, but the one of us only over lapped by 5 minutes and it was only 10 minutes before our ADR so that wasn't going to work. I wasn't able to pick a time anywhere near my family when I tried to switch mine. IT was closed so I couldn't call them. I decided I had to try to redo our FP+s for the day in the hopes of getting us back at the same time. The only time it would put all 7 of us at TSMM was during Fantasmic though. I kept trying and eventually I was able to get us all a slot at 4:30, which is very inconvenient for our day, but that also moved our ToT and RNRC to stupid times too. I eventually had to move those two. None of the times were as beneficial as the ones I first had when I booked weeks ago, but at least we can ride TSMM together now. All because Disney designed a needlessly clunky interface.

Quote:
And as for the weather I was looking for a local forecast that goes ten days out but all I saw was the Orlando Sentinel and that only goes 5 days out. I know at home I have better luck with local forecasters. Accuweather and weather channel have both been known to tell me it is sunny out when it is snowing

I just noticed myfoxorlando has 7 days, that'll do.

We have an old stroller with a basket that DH said is too ugly/junky to bring. He wants to bring the super plain umbrella stroller. I'd rather have the one with worn out fabric with a basket underneath, than the umbrella. I will probably just pack the minivan when he was at work so I can make sure I get my way
Yeah, I guess it is time to check the local forecast, even my days that are now really close keep changing. I'm not sure how I should finish packing. At least your 48 degree days are gone on my forecast now.

I agree with you, no matter how ugly the stroller, the basket is the saving grace. No sense in having the annoyance of a stroller without the benefit of being able to shove everything in it.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #2859
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
For all of you stressing about getting the packing done in time, no worries, it will get done I promise! I procrastinated like I always do and packed for me and 3 kids the day before and morning of our departure. Oh and our departure day was Halloween, so we had to deal with costumes, school parades and parties, and trick or treating that day too. I did manage to squeeze in a mani/pedi that morning too; I was really impressed with myself. I have to admit DH was a big help, especially on our departure day. I didn't realize he took off that day from work too so he took kids to and from school which is a huge help.

We had great weather down there, 70-80's during the day and 60-70's at night. We only brought our sweatshirts/zip hoodies with us if we knew we were going to be out until bed, but most days we were stopping back at the resort to swim or rest before hopping to another park or heading out somewhere else to dinner. We didn't need pants at all on any night but we are usually a hot family. If it were to drop to the 50's we would have changed to pants.

It only rained one day of our trip and we faithfully checked the hourly weather report before leaving for the parks. So we only brought the ponchos on the one day we needed them. We brought a backpack for when we needed jackets and mostly hung it on our stroller. I have to admit that having a stroller was so helpful for carrying stuff and holding drinks.
We have to be out of the house by 6am on Wednesday, so there won't be any packing on departure day. We are not morning people to begin with so the bags have to be packed and in the car the night before if we have any chance of getting out of the house on time.

The weather report keeps switching on us, but today it looks like we will have only 1 really cool night and that is arrival day so we will just wear the pants we will have on for the plane anyway, besides the high that day is only supposed to be 66 so it's not like we are going to sweat.

We may or may not have a stroller at this point. Hubby wants to wait and see until we get down there. He wants to encourage our youngest to walk as much as possible.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #2860
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ha, yeah I just manage to get my middle guy out of shorts in the last week or so. You will definitely want to check the weather before you go though, right now they are calling for lows down in the 40's your week. My youngest is definitely a whiner though, mostly if he gets tired or hungry, he usually handles cold well, but if he is tired it might just give him something else to whine about.
Today is the first day my 5 year old went in to Kindergarten in long pants. He has worn his winter jacket on some days, but just did not want to give up those shorts! Needless to say, the shorts are getting packed away directly after washing once we get back!

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #2861
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Today is the first day my 5 year old went in to Kindergarten in long pants. He has worn his winter jacket on some days, but just did not want to give up those shorts! Needless to say, the shorts are getting packed away directly after washing once we get back!
That is funny.

OMG, we are going to Disney THIS week!!!!! Two days from now we will be on a plane.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #2862
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have to be out of the house by 6am on Wednesday, so there won't be any packing on departure day. We are not morning people to begin with so the bags have to be packed and in the car the night before if we have any chance of getting out of the house on time.

The weather report keeps switching on us, but today it looks like we will have only 1 really cool night and that is arrival day so we will just wear the pants we will have on for the plane anyway, besides the high that day is only supposed to be 66 so it's not like we are going to sweat.

We may or may not have a stroller at this point. Hubby wants to wait and see until we get down there. He wants to encourage our youngest to walk as much as possible.
Which weather forecast are you following now? I guess I should take a look so I can change up our suitcases as needed.
My husband does not want to commit to a stroller yet either...and all 3 of mine are a bit younger than yours! Maybe once he experiences the airport with 3 kids and 3 carry ons, he'll realize that I do actually know what I'm talking about!

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #2863
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Which weather forecast are you following now? I guess I should take a look so I can change up our suitcases as needed.
My husband does not want to commit to a stroller yet either...and all 3 of mine are a bit younger than yours! Maybe once he experiences the airport with 3 kids and 3 carry ons, he'll realize that I do actually know what I'm talking about!
Still looking at http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orl...weather/328169 just to torture myself. Thunderstorms are back for 11/18 again, but weather.com doesn't have thunderstorms on that day. When is someone going to invent a weather control device already so we can plan properly.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #2864
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:

That is funny.

OMG, we are going to Disney THIS week!!!!! Two days from now we will be on a plane.
Hope you have a great time!!!!!

mrsap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #2865
G719
Mouseketeer

Here right now! If you see me, I'm the one who keeps looking at her magic band to see what time it is.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: