Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #2806
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post

Clean underwear at least???? Please!
Hahahaha. Yes.
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #2807
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post
Hahahaha. Yes.
Grin! I'm actually bringing some small travel packets of Tide that are intended to be for a small washing in the sink. Just in case for some reason something has to be washed out and I don't want to go do a full load of laundry. Although I had considered if the day was nice, my last day, spending a little time near the pool and doing a load of laundry to bring back clean clothes. LOL After all it is Thanksgiving week when I get back.

We'll see. Still need to pack and I don't know about you all, but might you be purchasing a couple pieces of clothing while you are down there.
Although for me, I usually can't wear it unless I wash it first. Then again I'll have my Tide.
I am packing a small plastic container with a couple Tide Pods in case I do do laundry.

2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

WAITING FOR THE NEXT DREAM COME TRUE PLANNING!
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #2808
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Yes, my husband doesn't see much an advantage to ME because, well, he's cheap! Wish we had free checked luggage. I'm worried about lugging the 3 carry ons through the airport!
We only checked one bag our last trip and manhandled our carry-ons through the airport with our 3 boys who were 10, 7 and 3 at the time. Honestly, it was a huge pain and I wouldn't do it again. This time we are pretty much checking everything since we get a checked bag with each ticket. I was going to pack one carry-on with a change of clothes for everyone in case they lose all the luggage, but my husband said we are going to Florida, not a 3rd world country and as long as we have a credit card we will survive Now we will probably just carry on our electronics and stuff we need for the park that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
The magic bands are awesome. So much easier then fumbling with cards and keys and cash
I loved having our band at Great Wolf Lodge that did pretty much the same thing (room, charging and entrance into the water park) so I'm sure I'm going to appreciate having the magic band in WDW. However, the KTTW card did pretty much the same thing when I was there the last time. That was all I carried since it was my ticket, room key, meal plan and I could charge to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post
You bring the tide. I'll bring the merlot.
Louis Jadot Beaujolais
Old 11-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #2809
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

Just spent the afternoon/evening with my brother, sister-in-law and my adorable 5 month old twin nephews to make sure I got some cuddle time in before I go

2 more days

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

KittyKat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #2810
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post

We only checked one bag our last trip and manhandled our carry-ons through the airport with our 3 boys who were 10, 7 and 3 at the time. Honestly, it was a huge pain and I wouldn't do it again. This time we are pretty much checking everything since we get a checked bag with each ticket. I was going to pack one carry-on with a change of clothes for everyone in case they lose all the luggage, but my husband said we are going to Florida, not a 3rd world country and as long as we have a credit card we will survive Now we will probably just carry on our electronics and stuff we need for the park that day.

I loved having our band at Great Wolf Lodge that did pretty much the same thing (room, charging and entrance into the water park) so I'm sure I'm going to appreciate having the magic band in WDW. However, the KTTW card did pretty much the same thing when I was there the last time. That was all I carried since it was my ticket, room key, meal plan and I could charge to it.

Louis Jadot Beaujolais
Ugh! This is EXACTLY what I'm worried about! I still don't understand why the airlines started charging for every piece of checked luggage.

Still haven't made it to Great Wolf Lodge, I guess it's just too close and we don't think of it. Maybe next winter since we won't be going to Disney. : (

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

-------------------------
April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #2811
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I REFUSE to do laundry on vacation. DH says he wants to pack light so he can carry all his stuff on the plane and do laundry there. Fine. He can do laundry. I did not put that into our itinerary though. Not sure where he will fit it in....

I am FREEZING right now. I hate the cold. Your coffee sounds perfect right now. Oh, I don't know what I'm going to do when my kids start all this stuff I will have to tolerate cold for! Good luck staying warm tonight!
I don't do laundry while here. I bring my clothes home and leave them outside till all are washed in hot water. Don't want to bring home any pests. On another note the new coffee here is delicious
Old 11-10-2013, 04:32 AM   #2812
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Louis Jadot Beaujolais
Magical express was awesome once again. Luggage was in room within 2 hours
Old 11-10-2013, 04:36 AM   #2813
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Even with my four suitcases and chronic overpacking, I will still do laundry when we are there. This may sound awful, but it will be a little time to myself. Hoping its warm enough for the kids to do some swimming with DH while I sort, wash, and fold! And maybe have a drink from the bar......
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:41 AM   #2814
Nechville
DIS Veteran

And since it seems I can't sleep in this morning, I checked the forecast. Overall looking better except the day we do MCMCP the high is only 69. Good thing there will be hot chocolate! And the red and green scarves and hats I made everything will end up being more functional than festive.
Then I checked my local forecast. Snow tonight. 69 doesn't sound quite so bad anymore.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #2815
4luv2cdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Even with my four suitcases and chronic overpacking, I will still do laundry when we are there. This may sound awful, but it will be a little time to myself. Hoping its warm enough for the kids to do some swimming with DH while I sort, wash, and fold! And maybe have a drink from the bar......
Be careful. My DH went down for an emergency laundry run late one night, had a drink at the bar, met some nice people (fellow sports fans)....yeah, he didn't make it back to the room 'til 2 am. He's like that though....making friends wherever he goes!

Quote:
OMG, we should totally do that! We are getting back to our resort early on 11/17. We could have the kids watch Monsters University at the movie under the stars while we sit on the balcony and have some wine and cheese. BYOS - Bring your own soap
You guys all sound fun! Too bad you'll be gone for our stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Personal opinion:
Don't toss anything. Bring them all with you to the resort and figure it out there. With your luck you will toss something and then have a big deal thing to fix it.

As far as the RO and then the email.......The email when something changes can take up to 24 hours to show up. IF it's in MDE then it should be ok. Since you have 2 weeks, give it the time to get the email and then call and make sure the RO didn't get cancelled when you did the FD.
Did you do it online or through a CM?
Congratulations.
Thanks! Made the change with a CM and kept our same conf# as it was a modification. Yep, got the email later last night. All is good!

Quote:
That's great! Don't toss either set of magic bands, they both should work since they just link to your account and your account will have the new information. If you have them both then if you lose one you have a non-gray backup.

If it is showing up in MDE you should be fine, I wouldn't worry about it. Take a screen shot if it makes you feel better.
Thanks! Good idea about keeping them as a back up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
Congratulations in finally getting the package you were working for! A regular RO reservation incurs a cancellation fee if not cancelled 5 days before arrival. If I were in your position I would call Reservations again and have them double check your current package and then ask them to cancel your room only reservation. The credit for the deposit you paid on that will be refunded to your credit card within 5 to 7 business days.

When people have had split stays in the past they received multiple sets of Magic Bands and could use them interchangeably. I don't know if that will be the case when you cancel your RO night. You could check to see your Magic Bands under MDE and see if they are both active after canceling the RO.
Thanks! Going to call today to cancel the RO.
11/2009 - CBR - back again for Thanksgiving! ~ 3/2011 - POP - Spring Break ~ 11/2013 - POR - Thanksgiving - Who's coming with us?!

4luv2cdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #2816
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Ugh! This is EXACTLY what I'm worried about! I still don't understand why the airlines started charging for every piece of checked luggage.

Still haven't made it to Great Wolf Lodge, I guess it's just too close and we don't think of it. Maybe next winter since we won't be going to Disney. : (
We are flying JetBlue so we get the free checked luggage per person, if we weren't I'd have a hard time justifying paying for each bag too. The stupid thing is when you have to pay for all checked bags people just bring more carry-ons and then they don't fit in the overhead bins and they wind up checking things at the gate for free and it just causes more delays and confusion. One checked bag of a reasonable size and weight should just be rolled into the cost of all tickets. It so hard to even compare prices between airlines because of all the fee.

You definitely have to try Great Wolf Lodge, especially if you can go during the week when the rates are low (look for sales too). It's really a nice little local get away. We always have a great time and the rooms are always clean and very roomy. Their standard room fits 6 (2 queens plus a pullout couch) so it makes it so much easier for the bigger family.

Quote:
I don't do laundry while here. I bring my clothes home and leave them outside till all are washed in hot water. Don't want to bring home any pests. On another note the new coffee here is delicious
Smart. My friend is so afraid of bedbugs that she bought a special device that heats things up to kill off critters for when her husband comes back from business trips. She wound up melting the soles of his favorite boots, cracked me up.

Quote:
Magical express was awesome once again. Luggage was in room within 2 hours
Excellent. Last time our luggage beat us to the room.

Quote:
Always thinking. I'm trying really hard not to over pack, I really have no excuse since we have the laundry in the room, but since our first few days will probably be cool and get cold in the evening, we will need clothes for all kinds of weather.

Quote:
And since it seems I can't sleep in this morning, I checked the forecast. Overall looking better except the day we do MCMCP the high is only 69. Good thing there will be hot chocolate! And the red and green scarves and hats I made everything will end up being more functional than festive.
Then I checked my local forecast. Snow tonight. 69 doesn't sound quite so bad anymore.
I think it sounds awesome to have your MVMCP on a cooler evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4luv2cdisney View Post
Be careful. My DH went down for an emergency laundry run late one night, had a drink at the bar, met some nice people (fellow sports fans)....yeah, he didn't make it back to the room 'til 2 am. He's like that though....making friends wherever he goes!

You guys all sound fun! Too bad you'll be gone for our stay!

Thanks! Good idea about keeping them as a back up!
That is what would happen to me, my kids make fun of me that by the time I get off the grocery line I know the entire life story of the person who I was on line with.

We are a blast - and modest too
Old 11-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #2817
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think it sounds awesome to have your MVMCP on a cooler evening.
I packed handwarmers! We may be from Minnesota but I do not like being cold!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #2818
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Ok if you are going Thanksgiving week do not look at these long range forecasts! Not 1 day of sunshine, seriously? I am not going to look again!!!!!!! I don't know why they even bother to do forecasts over 10 days away.
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #2819
mulan1123
Mouseketeer

Since some of you were counting down in sleeps, I have 4 more sleeps!!!!
mulan1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #2820
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Louis Jadot Beaujolais
I agree with your husband on the credit card to survive. The only thing I'm not trusting is my bathing suit. LOL It took me a long time to find something I liked as my size/body shape is not a pull a bathing suit off the rack kind of thing. I'm hoping to check all my luggage too. I guess we'll see about that in the next day or so when I start loading the suitcase.

And last time I was there my KTTW card was as you said. (then again I carried it on a lanyard around my neck) I didn't have to carry anything else. Well I did have my license and credit card only because I don't get Disney Visa discount if I don't have the card. But thats nothing.
Again I wasn't in charge of a whole family of cards sooooooooo. It was more work when we brought our sons as I had to pack a back pack of things to take care of their needs. But I should be easy peasy this time.

6 more days!!!!!

2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

WAITING FOR THE NEXT DREAM COME TRUE PLANNING!
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: