Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #2176
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
I was lucky enough to get a 7:30 R&C ressie. Last trip we had that time and got to watch illuminations from the deck.

Dance!!! Your almost there!!!! 10 days here... Tomorrow is single digit dance day!!

Oh NOES! Thats the worst! Look at it this way, get all that bad stuff out of the way now. I am about 10 days out and nothing left to do but wait and worry about everything. I fond myself yelling at the kids to wash their hands !!!

Everyone please remember, hand sanitizers will not kill viruses! The most prevalent virus at WDW is a norovirus type of stomach flu. Hand sanitizers are useless for those...as well as most other viruses. Viruses account for 90% of all cold and flu.

Follow the golden rules:
1. Wash you hands with hot soap and water for 60 seconds after the bathroom and before eating( and hope you cooks and servers do the same)
2. Try not to touch your eyes , ears, nose, and mouth. It is the main route of viral transmission.
3. Keep you stress level low, get plenty of rest.
4. Eat healthy foods, plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits.
5. Smile alot!!!
Yes, this is all so very true. I still have a finger-sucker in the family though, so I worry all the time. Oddly, though, I can only think of one instance of one of my kids getting a stomach bug...and even more odd, it wasn't the finger-sucker that got it! Either we are lucky or have very good immune systems. Uh oh, I really hope I didn't jus jynx us saying that...

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:34 AM   #2177
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

November friends, pray for us. My sweet DS and Iost part of our hearts as my husband, best friend & best daddy in the world died in his sleep. He was just 39 yrs old.

We were supposed to leave for WDW on the 11th. Why did this happen? Why now??

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2013, 02:40 AM   #2178
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
November friends, pray for us. My sweet DS and Iost part of our hearts as my husband, best friend & best daddy in the world died in his sleep. He was just 39 yrs old. We were supposed to leave for WDW on the 11th. Why did this happen? Why now??
I hit send too soon.

I'm hoping to still take our trip for my DS. Just can't see past right now. So overwhelmed.

If you've seen me post anywhere else on the boards and want to share there on my behalf, I would appreciate it. We just need prayers & you have become like family.

If something big happens around here, someone PM me. I'm not going to be able to check here as often.

So. Lost. So. Heartbroken. DS was afraid that it was going to happen to him (dying in his sleep). He's been asking me all day if he was going to be just like Daddy when he closes his eyes.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:09 AM   #2179
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
November friends, pray for us. My sweet DS and Iost part of our hearts as my husband, best friend & best daddy in the world died in his sleep. He was just 39 yrs old.

Quote:
I hit send too soon.

I'm hoping to still take our trip for my DS. Just can't see past right now. So overwhelmed.

If you've seen me post anywhere else on the boards and want to share there on my behalf, I would appreciate it. We just need prayers & you have become like family.

If something big happens around here, someone PM me. I'm not going to be able to check here as often.

So. Lost. So. Heartbroken. DS was afraid that it was going to happen to him (dying in his sleep). He's been asking me all day if he was going to be just like Daddy when he closes his eyes.

I am so very sorry to read of your DH's passing. Three weeks before our planned trip in March of 2012 we lost my DS 42 in his sleep. My first reaction was to cancel our trip but we did go and I do think it helped me get through the grieving process and back into daily life.

It has to be so very hard and scary for your DS but going on the trip might be the best thing for him too.

Again my heart goes out to you and your DS

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:19 AM   #2180
Sydney2977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I dare ya, you'll probably be put on some kind of watch list

No disrespect intended towards the first lady, but Minnie Mouse TOTALLY ranks higher.

It is about hiring veterans. Disney is hosting a convention to encourage businesses to hire more veterans and to help them re-acclimate to civilian life. Great cause, poor timing. She really should have checked my schedule first.
I'd love for them to hire more veterans, particularly DH when he retires from the AF so we can move to WDW and go more often!

All-Star Music April 2002All-Star Movies September 2003Pop!Century February 2006All-Star Sports January 2007

Coronado Springs October 2010Coronado Springs November 2011Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2013
Sydney2977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:30 AM   #2181
Sydney2977
Mouseketeer

I'm laughing about all the tiara talk! DH actually bought me the pink "Minnie ears" with the tiara and veil that has my name embroidered on it when we were there for my b-day- and ensured I wore it all day at the parks! I can't let him see this thread or he'll go out and get me a tiara for this trip.

4 days to go! We just got Mickey mail yesterday: our packet with the discount offers, mini golf etc. vouchers, and new luggage tags! I didn't think we got the packet till we checked in and I thought luggage tags were now only if you are doing DME, so I was surprised!

I already made up the Mousekeeping envelopes, but thanks to whoever suggested leaving candy too! Since we go a few days after Halloween I know we'll have leftover candy to bring. It will be nice to share and make sure the boys aren't completely hopped up on sugar.

Tonight is packing night- aaaaah!

All-Star Music April 2002All-Star Movies September 2003Pop!Century February 2006All-Star Sports January 2007

Coronado Springs October 2010Coronado Springs November 2011Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2013
Sydney2977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:59 AM   #2182
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:

Quote:
I hit send too soon.

i am so sorry for your loss and will keep you and your DS in our prayers

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #2183
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Omg I am so terribly sorry.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #2184
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I hit send too soon.

I am so heartbroken for you. As hard as things like this are for us to understand, I don't know how a child is supposed to cope with it all. I do hope you are able to take your trip as it may provide a much needed getaway after everything. This puts things in perspective - everyone enjoy their trips with their families and don't regret anything because you never know what will happen.
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #2185
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
We've been fighting something off here, nothing has fully developed. Im hoping to keep it that way! I'm trying to catch up so i can get our packing done. I really need tike to just focus and do it! Actually, I'm just waiting for Halloween to be over! I'm tired of hearing about candy already! I know, I'm a bahumbug...
I actually have to work till 11pm on Halloween night this year so no kiddies will be getting candy from this house. My DH refuses to give it out. He will park the car on the road instead of in the driveway & watch tv in the basement so it doesn't look like anyone is home. He thinks it costs to much to buy candy to give it to kids we don't know. Insert eye roll here. This will be the first Halloween in a long time that I'm not home to hand out the candy.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #2186
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
November friends, pray for us. My sweet DS and Iost part of our hearts as my husband, best friend & best daddy in the world died in his sleep. He was just 39 yrs old. We were supposed to leave for WDW on the 11th. Why did this happen? Why now??
I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #2187
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post

I actually have to work till 11pm on Halloween night this year so no kiddies will be getting candy from this house. My DH refuses to give it out. He will park the car on the road instead of in the driveway & watch tv in the basement so it doesn't look like anyone is home. He thinks it costs to much to buy candy to give it to kids we don't know. Insert eye roll here. This will be the first Halloween in a long time that I'm not home to hand out the candy.

I have to work late too and so DH will have to take the kids out by himself. I am secretly a little happy about this as I had to do it last year myself when he worked and it is not easy! Hoping to make it home a little early so I don't miss it all though.
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #2188
AMateus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So very sorry! I will be praying for you and your DS!
AMateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #2189
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I'm just tired of eating candy Why, oh why did I buy the Halloween candy early?
That was the one good thing about leaving at 6pm on Halloween; I didn't even buy any candy to give out since we won't be home!

1 more day!!!! Won't be posting much more because I am really behind in the packing and will be busy.

Hope everyone has great trips and it's been fun.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #2190
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
I hit send too soon.

So sorry for your horrible loss. There are no words. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: