Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #2161
samacita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic View Post
DEFINITELY! we purchase tons of hand sanitizer before we leave home and pack it all to go to WDW. It's impossible to have too much of it when you are at WDW! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I'm tempted to put the kids in Minnie and Mickey gloves during the whole trip so they don't touch handrails in lines, etc., etc. Just kidding!! But the idea did make me chuckle. :D
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #2162
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post
I'm tempted to put the kids in Minnie and Mickey gloves during the whole trip so they don't touch handrails in lines, etc., etc. Just kidding!! But the idea did make me chuckle. :D
Ha! We even have 2 pairs of those; my 2 older ones are being Mickey and Minnie for Halloween and will be wearing their costumes down on the plane.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #2163
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone that is sick gets better very very soon.
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #2164
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post
EWWWW it would be easier to wash their hands than those gloves!
I'm debating wearing a surgical mask on the plane after all this talk.

Small hand sanitizer packed. Hmmmm think I better bring the big bottle the way you all are talking. Although I think I'll bring a bunch of those wetnaps to wash my hands before meals. The idea of just rubbing the germs with hand sanitizer before eating.......the wetnaps at least make me feel like I'm wiping it off.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #2165
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post

Small hand sanitizer packed. Hmmmm think I better bring the big bottle the way you all are talking. Although I think I'll bring a bunch of those wetnaps to wash my hands before meals. The idea of just rubbing the germs with hand sanitizer before eating.......the wetnaps at least make me feel like I'm wiping it off.
I have these same thoughts. Hahaha.
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #2166
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Quote:

We use Wet Wipes, too- any and all forms of cleaning, de-germing, etc are a good thing at WDW. Before meals, though, we all head into the restrooms and do a thorough hand washing.

Poor DH- even with all those precautions, he has ended up with terrible colds after our last 3 Disney vacations. He wasn't as diligent with the hand sanitizer as we were- I will make sure to rub it on him every chance I get in a few weeks!
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #2167
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie View Post
I agree- wash hands a lot while there. And we aren't big hand sanitizer people normally, but we slather the stuff on at WDW. .
Good reminder! I am not usually a hand sanitizer user either but usually bring them and clip one on the backpack with those cutesy little holders from Bath and Body Works.

The cold is going around here. There is no other time in my life I get so nervous about sickness and injuries as I do right before a trip. Where's my family sized bubble?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #2168
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

My one kiddo is the type who would lick a handrail. Scratch that. She has licked a handrail, and back of chair, table top, the floor......
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #2169
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post
My one kiddo is the type who would lick a handrail. Scratch that. She has licked a handrail, and back of chair, table top, the floor......
Look on the bright side- she probably has a kick-butt immune system!! I bet she is your "never gets sick" kid.

To completely change the subject- I just added 2 days and hopping to our tickets. Also changed our ADRs, FP+s, and BOG FP. Everything I wanted was available!! Hopefully that means our days are super not-busy...
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #2170
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reminder to pack hand sanitizer.
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #2171
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Yeah, I have one of those too. He doesn't get sick though, he just brings the germs to me and gets me sick - damn kids, nothing but trouble

So my soccer team lost their playoff game tonight. I have to admit I'm slightly relieved, I really need less things to do right now.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #2172
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post

Yeah, I have one of those too. He doesn't get sick though, he just brings the germs to me and gets me sick - damn kids, nothing but trouble

So my soccer team lost their playoff game tonight. I have to admit I'm slightly relieved, I really need less things to do right now.
We've been fighting something off here, nothing has fully developed. Im hoping to keep it that way!
I'm trying to catch up so i can get our packing done. I really need tike to just focus and do it!
Actually, I'm just waiting for Halloween to be over! I'm tired of hearing about candy already! I know, I'm a bahumbug...

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #2173
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post

Oh we have a few of the sane dates eh. I tried to upload me and dh picture from last years trip but the files too large it says. Which dessert party is your family attending... Did u get illum FP FOR THE 16
I was lucky enough to get a 7:30 R&C ressie. Last trip we had that time and got to watch illuminations from the deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
I can't believe in 2 days we will be on a plane for WDW!!! The time really did fly and I'm sure it's because spending time on the Disboards helped it pass quickly! Thanks to all on the November thread and I hope you all have magical trips!

Extra special thanks to FigmentChick for starting it all!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Dance!!! Your almost there!!!! 10 days here... Tomorrow is single digit dance day!!

Quote:

Oh don't mess with me. This isn't getting better. :-p
I broke a tooth last night. Now on top of all the other crazy stuff I have to do today, I have to squeeze in a dentist appointment where they will fit be between patients (understandable) which means I sit there even longer. pout pout pout. Not liking today. BUT grateful this is now and not while I'm down in WDW.

Once again you are the man with the creative fun ideas!!! You wife and children must adore you!
Oh NOES! Thats the worst! Look at it this way, get all that bad stuff out of the way now. I am about 10 days out and nothing left to do but wait and worry about everything. I fond myself yelling at the kids to wash their hands !!!
Quote:
Speaking of germs....

Anyone have any tips and tricks on avoiding the Diseases O' Disney?
Everyone please remember, hand sanitizers will not kill viruses! The most prevalent virus at WDW is a norovirus type of stomach flu. Hand sanitizers are useless for those...as well as most other viruses. Viruses account for 90% of all cold and flu.

Follow the golden rules:
1. Wash you hands with hot soap and water for 60 seconds after the bathroom and before eating( and hope you cooks and servers do the same)
2. Try not to touch your eyes , ears, nose, and mouth. It is the main route of viral transmission.
3. Keep you stress level low, get plenty of rest.
4. Eat healthy foods, plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits.
5. Smile alot!!!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #2174
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
We've been fighting something off here, nothing has fully developed. Im hoping to keep it that way!
I'm trying to catch up so i can get our packing done. I really need tike to just focus and do it!
Actually, I'm just waiting for Halloween to be over! I'm tired of hearing about candy already! I know, I'm a bahumbug...
I'm just tired of eating candy Why, oh why did I buy the Halloween candy early?
Old 10-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #2175
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
I'm very bah humbug this year. Infact I'm not going to be home. No kidding on this part, they bus kids into our neighborhood. On warm night we can give out over 200 treats. It's insane. At this point there is barely any kids under 12 in our neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
I was lucky enough to get a 7:30 R&C ressie. Last trip we had that time and got to watch illuminations from the deck.

Dance!!! Your almost there!!!! 10 days here... Tomorrow is single digit dance day!!

Oh NOES! Thats the worst! Look at it this way, get all that bad stuff out of the way now. I am about 10 days out and nothing left to do but wait and worry about everything. I fond myself yelling at the kids to wash their hands !!!

Everyone please remember, hand sanitizers will not kill viruses! The most prevalent virus at WDW is a norovirus type of stomach flu. Hand sanitizers are useless for those...as well as most other viruses. Viruses account for 90% of all cold and flu.

Follow the golden rules:
1. Wash you hands with hot soap and water for 60 seconds after the bathroom and before eating( and hope you cooks and servers do the same)
2. Try not to touch your eyes , ears, nose, and mouth. It is the main route of viral transmission.
3. Keep you stress level low, get plenty of rest.
4. Eat healthy foods, plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits.
5. Smile alot!!!
LOL on the sanitizers.
BUT REALLY "Keep yours stress level low"?????? Can you give some crash course on this? geeze

BTW, my tooth is fixed and I was convinced to take care of the other one next week so that I can go away with less worry.

Ok gonna get that extra rest!!

Happy travels to you leaving in the next day or two.
I saw (but not surprised) that the Halloween party for the 31st is sold out.

Do those of you there that night have candy at your resort that you hand out? That would be interesting to have room to room trick or treating.
How about resort hopping treating? LOL

Good night

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: