Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #2116
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post

We fly in also on the 14th. I'm hoping it won't it won't delay the plane getting to our home airport for our 1:30 pm. She's going to be at the yacht club speaking. You think we can all email her at the White House and ask her to please don't mess up our vacations because we've planned too long for problems?
Oh friggin no we have dinner reservations at the yachtsman steakhouse that night. Geez
Old 10-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #2117
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstout View Post
Oh great do you know which park she'll be at? We were planning AK but may have to re-plan!
She's speaking at the Yacht Club Resort

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
momto2inKC is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #2118
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post

She's speaking at the Yacht Club Resort
I hope it's an early speech we wanted a quiet dinner there
Old 10-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #2119
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

I'm laughing!!!!:rotfl 2:
Not one post of excitment that we might get to meet the first lady.
Sorry Michelle!! When I said to DH "Guess who is going to be at WDW" my DH said "Mickey Mouse"....I said "no besides him the first Lady" and he said "Oh Minnie Mouse!"

We don't actually arrive until the 16th so hopefully all will be cleared by then.
I wonder if they did come as a family if they would get only 3 FP+ and magic bands??? Or Do the secret service guys qualify them for front of the line passes.

Wonder what she is speaking about over there. Obviously some kind of convention over there. hmmmmm

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #2120
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
Just wanted to take a moment to give a big Thank You to FigmentChick for starting and maintaining the best countdown thread

I know you're leaving in a few days and wanted to wish you the most magical trip
This goes for all the other November Dis'ers leaving soon
I second this!!!!
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #2121
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
We fly in also on the 14th. I'm hoping it won't it won't delay the plane getting to our home airport for our 1:30 pm. She's going to be at the yacht club speaking. You think we can all email her at the White House and ask her to please don't mess up our vacations because we've planned too long for problems?
I dare ya, you'll probably be put on some kind of watch list

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
I'm laughing!!!!:rotfl 2:
Not one post of excitment that we might get to meet the first lady.
Sorry Michelle!! When I said to DH "Guess who is going to be at WDW" my DH said "Mickey Mouse"....I said "no besides him the first Lady" and he said "Oh Minnie Mouse!"

We don't actually arrive until the 16th so hopefully all will be cleared by then.
I wonder if they did come as a family if they would get only 3 FP+ and magic bands??? Or Do the secret service guys qualify them for front of the line passes.

Wonder what she is speaking about over there. Obviously some kind of convention over there. hmmmmm
No disrespect intended towards the first lady, but Minnie Mouse TOTALLY ranks higher.

It is about hiring veterans. Disney is hosting a convention to encourage businesses to hire more veterans and to help them re-acclimate to civilian life. Great cause, poor timing. She really should have checked my schedule first.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #2122
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadApple View Post
I second this!!!!
I'll third it. Only 3 days to go (actually 2 days and one sleep) until Figment chick is in Disney. Have a great time girlfriend!

Don't forget to let us know how things are going so we can adjust our schedules as Disney changes its mind on everything.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #2123
Nechville
DIS Veteran

We fly in on the 14th too! Wonder what time her speech is. Does her plane use MCO? We don't get in until 5 PM so hoping she's long gone and doesn't cause us delays!
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #2124
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
We fly in on the 14th too! Wonder what time her speech is. Does her plane use MCO? We don't get in until 5 PM so hoping she's long gone and doesn't cause us delays!
We have breakfast and dinner ressie's over there at yacht club that day.. Big bummer
Old 10-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #2125
mulan1123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
I fly in that day too but much later that evening.....I hope the parks and airport aren't crazy......
mulan1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #2126
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:

Today I broke down when I walked into a store and right there in the middle of the isle were tiaras. sigh. I picked up 3 and put them all down and then walked around a few more times debating. Finally I purchased one. I'm not 100% I will where it in the parks but the option is not open. And most likely will. At least at MK.
I know there are a bunch of adults that wish they were brave enough to do so. Honestly after about an hour of wearing one the last time, I forgot I had it on. I probably will wear it to BOG for dinner. I know some wear it to all the parks but for me MK is where I feel most Castle worthy.

Yea you got a tiara

Wearing it to dinner at BOG is a must

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #2127
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
check out http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/home.do
they have a wide variety of ideas on the website, but you can call and talk about something specific with them. How fun. I would so do this if I had kids coming with us. I'm still not 100% what I'm going to do as I would like this in our room for our anniversary. I just can't see getting flowers and then not be able to take them home with me as I prefer not to carry flowers on the plane with me.

Today I broke down when I walked into a store and right there in the middle of the isle were tiaras. sigh. I picked up 3 and put them all down and then walked around a few more times debating. Finally I purchased one. I'm not 100% I will where it in the parks but the option is not open. And most likely will. At least at MK.
I know there are a bunch of adults that wish they were brave enough to do so. Honestly after about an hour of wearing one the last time, I forgot I had it on. I probably will wear it to BOG for dinner. I know some wear it to all the parks but for me MK is where I feel most Castle worthy.
Well I had 3 in my amazon shopping cart today! Of course I went online looking for one for my daughter...
Just not sure if I can do it. And of course there is the dilemma of the possibility that my DH might have me committed.

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #2128
wdwnut61
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
We fly in on the 13th but are planning on going to Epcot on the 14th. We plan on leaving the countries through the International Gateway that afternoon. Hopefully she will be finished her speaking engagement before then

Old 10-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #2129
wdwnut61
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
No disrespect intended towards the first lady, but Minnie Mouse TOTALLY ranks higher.

She really should have checked my schedule first.

Couldn't agree more

Old 10-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #2130
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: