Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #2086
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
For those of you having FP+issues - they're reporting on Josh's board that there was a big problem over the weekend but IT is working in it as of yesterday. Sounds like they're doing a sizable upgrade to the system as a result. The impression I got as that most of the data was in the system just fine; it just isn't displaying on the user end. So unless you're going this week, I would hold tight for a couple days before trying to fix anything.

Also if your in the park, and things are not working and it's taking too long to get things fixed, ask for paper FPs. CMs can still give those out to solve problems.

Call me recently annoyed and cynical but I think they throw this out there a lot "there was an update", "glitches getting fixed", blah blah blah.

I feel less magical and more like I'm calling a Canadian cell phone provider (don't ask, it's a bloody nightmare).

In my experience, I heard my MDE issues were anywhere from "user error" to "a POP agent booking error", to an "IT update". And yes, they truly lost my info. Tech couldn't even see it.

I think they should have budgeted a billion in IT support and not just technology :P.

I will not be standing around for two hours at a park trying to get MBs fixed. I've already had 3 hours of my time devoted to it.
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #2087
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
I just saw that MIchele OBama is going be a speaker at wdw on nov. 14th. Is that going to give us delays at airport?
I didn't know about it until you mentioned it. This is the only info I found: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-world-resort/ It doesn't say exactly where this will be all taking place, just gives a generic "Walt Disney World Resorts". Ugh. I doubt it will be at the parks though. We are supposed to head over to Universal that day. I hope Universal isn't packed with people trying to get away from all the fuss.
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #2088
Disneyholic
Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow Up!

Quote:
Please talk me down from the cliff. DH and I leave in less than 3 weeks, but right now he is getting on my nerves soo bad I think I would push him off the dumbo ride. He's just doing little things that are bugging the crap out of me, like breathing, how he chews his food, walking across the floor! And the thought of being with just him and I on our anniversary trip is yuk!

Ahhhhhh, I do feel alittle better getting that out. Thank goodness he goes back to work tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Something is in the air!!!!
DH got the snippy version of me today too.

It's our anniversary too.
Our actual date is November 5th.
Gotta agree about something in the air. I think we all just NEED a vacation. DH & I have been going at it lately. The other night I just couldn't take his bedroom bright white nightlight anymore. I pulled it, took it downstairs and put green highlighter all over the lens. Plugged it back in and boy, what a difference. I can now close my eyes and not see the light. Yesterday there were so many things he apparently wanted to do, but never told me about. When I realized all those things I knew why he had been snippy all day. I was just too exhausted to leave the house yesterday. DS moved into his own house a month ago and we have been going there to do a lot of stuff. I just wanted a day at home to do some of our stuff so we can be ready for vacation.

Disneyholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #2089
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post

Speaking where and about what? How long is she staying? Are the kids with her that they are on vacation? I don't get there until the 16th. But wonder how taht works on the rides if they are vacationing? That would be interesting security.
I just saw she's speaking at the Veterans Institute. I don't know where that is or a time. I just got a tweet about it this morning from wdw.
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #2090
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Apparently my MB problem is getting another chapter.

After my FP+ options were reinstated all looked good. Well, I went in to tweak a few time slots since my initial times were long gone and even the CM couldn't reinstate them exactly and my FP options cannot be changed online. I see them under my plans in MDE. I see them in my itinerary on MDE. When I chose them, there is no option to change the experience or modify the time.

If I look under Fastpass+ on the pull down menu, it shows no FP+s and I can essentially choose a new park and new FP+s for each day all over again.

No way, no how am I going to touch that.

Back on the phone.......
Old 10-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #2091
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post
Call me recently annoyed and cynical but I think they throw this out there a lot "there was an update", "glitches getting fixed", blah blah blah. I feel less magical and more like I'm calling a Canadian cell phone provider (don't ask, it's a bloody nightmare). In my experience, I heard my MDE issues were anywhere from "user error" to "a POP agent booking error", to an "IT update". And yes, they truly lost my info. Tech couldn't even see it. I think they should have budgeted a billion in IT support and not just technology :P. I will not be standing around for two hours at a park trying to get MBs fixed. I've already had 3 hours of my time devoted to it.
Oh, I don't think this update will make every thing better. I just wouldn't be messing with the data while they're doing it. What I don't understand is why they don't shut off access while they're doing the fix. If people are seeing the wrong thing, that's worse than seeing nothing at all.

I was amused that they were calling this an "enhancement" instead of a desperate attempt at a patch. Yeah, I do emergency enhancements all the time. ;-)
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #2092
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

Just read on another thread the First Lady will speak at the yacht club.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #2093
Andie272
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just read on another thread the First Lady will speak at the yacht club.
Thanks!

2006 - All Star Music
2009 - Coronado Springs
2013 -Caribbean Beach Resort
Andie272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #2094
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post

Oh, I don't think this update will make every thing better. I just wouldn't be messing with the data while they're doing it. What I don't understand is why they don't shut off access while they're doing the fix. If people are seeing the wrong thing, that's worse than seeing nothing at all.

I was amused that they were calling this an "enhancement" instead of a desperate attempt at a patch. Yeah, I do emergency enhancements all the time. ;-)

I just got off the phone. That was a lovely hour :P.

Since MDE mysteriously lost half my data and had to use overrides to get my Fastpasses back (or some semblance of them), they have told me that no, I do not have access to modify them anymore. Any further changes have to be done on the phone or with a CM/guest relations.

Nice.

Also, our dining plan info is nowhere to be found.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #2095
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

LimeCordial so sorry for all your problems with MDE.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #2096
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post
I just got off the phone. That was a lovely hour :P.

Since MDE mysteriously lost half my data and had to use overrides to get my Fastpasses back (or some semblance of them), they have told me that no, I do not have access to modify them anymore. Any further changes have to be done on the phone or with a CM/guest relations.

Nice.

Also, our dining plan info is nowhere to be found.
Yikes. What a headache. So sorry and I hope some of it gets forgotten when you are there in WDW and having fun.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #2097
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone has ever had something set up on the beds at a Disney resort for their kids for when they arrive? Like stuffed Mickey/Minnie's and a letter from them?? If so, can you tell me what I'd have to do to set it up, and how much something like that costs? Thanks so much!!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #2098
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Quote:
LimeCordial so sorry for all your problems with MDE.
Thanks.

Everything is straightened out as best it could be I guess. I won't be able to fiddle with anything on MDE or MDE app anymore without tech support or CM assistance so my hope it everything goes fine from here on out.

Currently, when MDE loads, there's an orange notification saying there's an issue retrieving my information but it seems like everything is fine. That's a bit weird.

As long as my MBs work and hold all the correct info when I get there, it will be fine. If not, in all honesty, I'm not sure I'm the type to not let it bother me. Call me crazy but if my room doesn't open, my dining credits don't appear and my FP+ times disappear and I can't use my app, I will be really bummed and highly disappointed.
I was so, so happy with how everything was working and flowing smoothly. It was such a surprise when it all went downhill a couple days ago.

I just don't get how an update or glitch would cause some people zero issues and cause other people to loose their plans and/or reservation details and/or fastpasses. Wouldn't an update or programming error behave the same way on the same system that everyone is using?!

I'll wrap it up and try to not be a Debbie Downer anymore. Sorry guys for all the venting and play-by-plays. I apologize.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #2099
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone has ever had something set up on the beds at a Disney resort for their kids for when they arrive? Like stuffed Mickey/Minnie's and a letter from them?? If so, can you tell me what I'd have to do to set it up, and how much something like that costs? Thanks so much!!
I was going to do the same but not for arrival. I just can't bear to coordinate one more thing. Haha. I'm going to put something out on the table or window ledge each night once kids go to sleep . I'll tell them Tinkerbell dropped something off!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #2100
Camaro305
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Anyone checking in today? Wondering if the October 27th rumor for not getting KTTW cards is true.
I check in on Wednesday. I can report when I get there.
Camaro305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: