Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #2011
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama36 View Post
I hope things work out for you...it made me think- we probably should print out a copy of our fp+ when we have them like we want them...
I was thinking that too. Sad as it is, I don't trust that myexperience on my phone is going to work for me. I don't want my phone battery to die and I know I won't remember what times I have FP+ set up for on each day.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #2012
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan1123 View Post
I told a co-worker that I'll try to bring back some warmth and sun!

I heard cottage country north of Toronto got some snow and northern Ontario too.....
What's with all this "S" word talk?

Keep it up North!!!!

2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #2013
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post

I was thinking that too. Sad as it is, I don't trust that myexperience on my phone is going to work for me. I don't want my phone battery to die and I know I won't remember what times I have FP+ set up for on each day.

I luckily (?), had them typed into my itinerary (spreadsheet), so I can tell them what to reinstate.

I was going to print them out today off of MDE which is when I saw all the missing info. Oh the irony.....or is it Murphy's Law....

Still not fixed. Looks like I will be spending a little quality time with Disney on the phone tomorrow again. Ugh.
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #2014
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan1123 View Post

I told a co-worker that I'll try to bring back some warmth and sun!

I heard cottage country north of Toronto got some snow and northern Ontario too.....

Yes, North Bay!
Dig out the toques!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #2015
CarmineF
Earning My Ears

5 more day until Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Food & Wine Festival and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Can't wait. Just had to announce it!!!!
CarmineF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #2016
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmineF View Post
5 more day until Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Food & Wine Festival and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Can't wait. Just had to announce it!!!!
A Disney hat-trick!

Have fun!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #2017
mama36
Mouseketeer

FP messing up for me...

Quote:
I think I jinxed myself by commenting on this topic...I just went in to try to change a few FP+ times and it keeps saying it changed it, but then it didn't...then it tries to have me pick all new ones....I think I'm going to stop messing with it tonight and try tomorrow...I just wish it didn't take so LONG with each FP+ you try to modify! On a sweeter note...DD7 just said, "we're in the TEENS mom!". Yes we are
mama36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #2018
mama36
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We will definitely carry our portable batteries to recharge the phones...I really can't live without mine anymore and it was money well spent! I'd love to be unplugged for vacation, but that really isn't feasible with MDE.
mama36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #2019
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post

Yes, I wear smart wool socks all year. Last June at WDW, I wore cotton socks and got blisters one day. Wore the smart wool and they were wonderful. And when my feet got wet from the rain, they dried faster. I have the lighter weight ones.

With only 2 weeks til the trip, I need some of that anti sicky pixie dust that was going around. We've had some yucky stomach bug that drags on forever. One minute you feel fine, the next blah. Everyone that's had it, has it for at least a week. Here's hoping it's almost over for us. May take off this afternoon and come home and bleach the house! At least I started packing last week when I stayed home when DD had it.

Happy Friday everyone!
Kack we are on the same page with the bug.....

Can you recommend a brand of wicking sock!? They all seem to cost 15 bucks a pair where I look ... Is that about right?
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #2020
G719
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Kack we are on the same page with the bug..... Can you recommend a brand of wicking sock!? They all seem to cost 15 bucks a pair where I look ... Is that about right?
I have only worn smartwool and yes they can be expensive. I have found some on sale at REI and campmor.com.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #2021
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

WARNING : Epic multi post reply!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post

I said to my husband last night, "Xipotec ordered tiaras for his wife and daughter, where's my tiara?" I got the Mr. Spock raised eyebrow in return. He may be considering commitment at this point. I did look at some adult tiaras last night on Amazon just for giggles. There were some really nice ones for $20. I'm not really the tiara type though.

Yay on your MB's!
Quote:

Thanks! I know you want to please me cause you just can't help it.

Awe! you buy them one each trip? Awe! Can you adopt me? I want to vacation with your family. Then again the suiting up sounds kind of like work. LOL But then again you have it all lined up for them.

Congratulations on being a good man with a great sense of Disney and love for your DW and DD. They are two lucky ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
I did the same thing to DH - he was like 'uh-huh'... On the plus side though when he scares me and says things like 'one day I'd like to surprise you with a trip' he at least knows who to find online for help
Why do I feel like I might have a bunch of husbands who might want my head on the head hunters poles in Jungle Cruise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post

Sending good thoughts and take care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat1978 View Post
My grandma died this week too. She was 91 and had terminal bone cancer. My family doctor (who delivered me) died on Thanksgiving/Columbus day of a sudden heart attack. And my grandpa just got out of the hospital, needs to go in for surgery, but its very risky and they are not sure they are going to do it.
It's been a crappy two weeks. I am hoping some Disney mojo will help.
Same here, our trip is to help the family heal from the past 6 months where we lost my FIL from a sudden pancreatic cancer diagnosis, he was gone in 6 weeks. WDW is a magical place to help heal your heart.
Best wishes and healing thought to all !!

Quote:

Totallly agree. I hope the February group becomes as dedicated to posts as all of you have been. sniff sniff I'm missing you all already.
I plan on keeping this thread going till November 2014 trips as well.

Some tiara pics...
DD

DW
!

Old 10-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #2022
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post
I have only worn smartwool and yes they can be expensive. I have found some on sale at REI and campmor.com.
I love my smart wool socks but only think of wearing them in the winter time.
Hmm I might have to look into some more no show versions. I can't stand the ankle stuff in the warmer weather. I have one pair of no show.

And yes they can be expensive. I hit it lucky one time and got some for like $3 a pair but that was a clearance kind of thing. Usually at least $10 or more.

I haven't checked price but I get mine through LLBean cause we have an outlet up in New Hampshire. But they do have a website.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #2023
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Why do I feel like I might have a bunch of husbands who might want my head on the head hunters poles in Jungle Cruise?

This truly made me laugh out loud really loud.
My husband will be eyeballing every man who has a wife and daughter in Tiara!

It's not the same but DH would be totally ok with me ordering whatever Tiara I wanted. I'm just not sure I want to this time.

The tiaras you chose are beautiful. I'm sure they both will feel very special wearing them.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #2024
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Also , as promised , tee shirt number one...

This one is mine...i'll post another family members shirt over the next few days.

Essentially the main design is the same, with slight variations....make sure you check out the top back of my shirt!!!!
!

Old 10-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #2025
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also , as promised , tee shirt number one...

This one is mine...i'll post another family members shirt over the next few days.

Essentially the main design is the same, with slight variations....make sure you check out the top back of my shirt!!!!
I'm confused. I thought you were referring to your DIS but I don't see that on the shirt.

Nice shirt and design. Wish I was going to be there when you were to see you all in person. But I believe you leave when I come in.
Can't wait to see the other shirts.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: