Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #1966
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawarob View Post
We're heading to WDW from 11/11 to 11/22 -- staying at POP. Me (Dad), plus DW, DD5, DS3. Looking forward to it, big time!

Anybody hear about the following...

- Are fridges back in all rooms at POP yet? If not, which ones?
- How's the WiFi...both on park and at the resorts? Both speed and coverage.

My wife and I got engaged at WDW...but this is our first time back, and first time with kids. Any insider tips? (We already have the 2014 Unofficial Guide and UG with kids, and have read them carefully!)

Would love to join the FB group, but I haven't posted enough to send PMs.

Thanks!
Ohhhh more Canadians in the house! Welcome. We will be at POP same time as you guys. I think we're going to decorate our window with a Canadian theme, maybe you guys will pass by it.

No, not all fridges are back in. Building 5 seems to have them. Some random guests are getting them if they put in a request.

Wifi is apparently spotty all over WDW but within the parks mostly.

I don't have any insider tips other than with a young family, I'm a fan of the afternoon nap time. Works out well for us. We go back to same park or park hop later. We also extended our trip two days so we could add in two resort days where we can swim, tour and eat at other resorts.
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #1967
Andie272
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post
Lunch: Same rooms and setting. Uses one quick service dining credit. No visit from Beast. Dinner: Same rooms and setting. Used one table service dining credit. Beast pays a visit.
Is there anywhere else to see the beast? What about at MVMCP?

2006 - All Star Music
2009 - Coronado Springs
2013 -Caribbean Beach Resort
Andie272 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #1968
Teewan78
Earning My Ears

3 weeks away can't wait!
Old 10-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #1969
Strawberry's mom&dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie272 View Post
Is there anywhere else to see the beast? What about at MVMCP?
He appears in Epcot by the France pavilion.

Strawberry's mom&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #1970
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

So for those going Thanksgiving week.....will you be celebrating Thanksgiving before you leave? After? Or will you not cook a big turkey dinner at all? How about decorating for the holidays? We usually put our tree up the weekend before Thanksgiving but we will be gone, so I am not sure if we should do it the weekend before that or have to wait until 2 weekends after Thanksgiving.
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #1971
4luv2cdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
So for those going Thanksgiving week.....will you be celebrating Thanksgiving before you leave? After? Or will you not cook a big turkey dinner at all? How about decorating for the holidays? We usually put our tree up the weekend before Thanksgiving but we will be gone, so I am not sure if we should do it the weekend before that or have to wait until 2 weekends after Thanksgiving.
Any Thanksgiving celebration will take place in Disney. We have done Thanksgiving at the Fort (had most of DH's family along and it was a really nice traditional celebration) and we have done non-traditional (at Brown Derby, just the 4 or us) my 1 DD may have ordered turkey, but I know none of the rest of us did. This year we are dining at WCC and they serve a traditional turkey dinner - our inlaws will be with us. We do not try to "make it up" at home in any way. Personally, avoiding the regular Thanksgiving routine is one of my favorite reasons to visit at that time!

We will have our house "Christmas ready" before we leave. (We have an artificial tree.) So, we will likely decorate Nov. 16 - 17. There's just so little time when we get back. One year, our "elf" wrapped presents and was waiting under the tree with them when we got back. That was awesome.

I know it is crowded and I would love to visit during a low crowd time, but if I have to go during a week of "9" crowds, this is the best one IMHO!
11/2009 - CBR - back again for Thanksgiving! ~ 3/2011 - POP - Spring Break ~ 11/2013 - POR - Thanksgiving - Who's coming with us?!
4luv2cdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #1972
mama36
Mouseketeer

Confused re: FP+ on last day of stay

We are checking in sunday 11/17 and out saturday 11/23. Do you only get FP+ for number of nights you are staying? It will not let me schedule FP for sunday through saturday - says we are ineligible for saturday. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks everyone!
mama36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #1973
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama36 View Post
We are checking in sunday 11/17 and out saturday 11/23. Do you only get FP+ for number of nights you are staying? It will not let me schedule FP for sunday through saturday - says we are ineligible for saturday. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks everyone!
The only restriction I have come across is that you are only allowed to schedule as many FP+ days as you have days on your ticket.

We have AP's and have been able to book every one of our 9 park days, but our friends who are staying 5 nights with 4 day hoppers have only been able to pick out 4 days worth of FP+s.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #1974
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Thanks everyone!
Depends on the tickets you have. You would need 7 day tickets to schedule Sun-Sat, do you only have 6 day tickets?
Old 10-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #1975
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
Our Thanksgiving celebration will be at Cape May. We will probably decorate for Christmas before we leave.

Quote:
We are checking in sunday 11/17 and out saturday 11/23. Do you only get FP+ for number of nights you are staying? It will not let me schedule FP for sunday through saturday - says we are ineligible for saturday. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks everyone!
We are limited to the number of days on your tickets.
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #1976
mama36
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post

Depends on the tickets you have. You would need 7 day tickets to schedule Sun-Sat, do you only have 6 day tickets?
Ah. We are doing mvmcp first night and not using a
Old 10-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #1977
mama36
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Ah. Yep, I messed up - nothing I can't fix though. I had set fp+ for our first day when we are not using a ticket but doing mvmcp... And I guess they wouldn't have worked anyway bc they are tied to a park ticket, not the party pass. Makes sense...thanks for helping
Old 10-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #1978
mama36
Mouseketeer

We are limited to the number of days on your tickets.[/QUOTE]

Got it...thanks for helping clear up my misunderstanding
Old 10-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #1979
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Ah. We are doing mvmcp first night and not using a
That explains it. I would probably cancel your FPs for your MVMCP night since the ride lines tend to be shorter and then use your FP's on your last day.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #1980
mama36
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That explains it. I would probably cancel your FPs for your MVMCP night since the ride lines tend to be shorter and then use your FP's on your last day.
That makes sense... I'm going to find myself with a lot of free time after this trip is over! I don't remember previous trips taking this much time on the computer (and ipad and phone) and I had our schedules pretty structured. I'm still not set on order of events for each day...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: