Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #1951
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post

Please keep my family in prayers. My 96 year old grandmother died this week and the funeral is tomorrow. And my husbands 96 year old grandmother fell and there is lots going on there too. DHs family is being very supportive in reassuring us to keep looking forward to our vacation.
It's all so draining to be dealing with your own feelings rationally and then trying to work around others issues.
:
Sending healing thoughts to those who have lost and to the Grandma who needs to get well.
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #1952
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:

For those with the household repair expenses.....I feel your pain. The past 3 years I've felt the money pit feelings. We've had very limiting health bills too.
So ya I'm glad I've already paid for the vacation and there are few things that would cancel the vacation.

Please keep my family in prayers. My 96 year old grandmother died this week and the funeral is tomorrow. And my husbands 96 year old grandmother fell and there is lots going on there too. DHs family is being very supportive in reassuring us to keep looking forward to our vacation.
It's all so draining to be dealing with your own feelings rationally and then trying to work around others issues.

Ok I blew a lot of yesterday answering emails and on the phone.
I'm going to try to log out of here and go do some constructive things like get my suitcases off my college son's bed so he has a place to sleep tonight if he decides to come home tonight instead of the morning.

22 days until my November trip.
And feels super weird to say 99 days for my solo trip! But
Sending good thoughts and take care.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #1953
Rpasko
Earning My Ears

19 days!!
Rpasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #1954
mulan1123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post
Hey fellow Canuck! Should we do our secret handshake (where I pass you a Timmies).

So, who's from where in the November posse?
Hello! (Here is a virtual Timmies )
mulan1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #1955
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My grandma died this week too. She was 91 and had terminal bone cancer. My family doctor (who delivered me) died on Thanksgiving/Columbus day of a sudden heart attack. And my grandpa just got out of the hospital, needs to go in for surgery, but its very risky and they are not sure they are going to do it.

It's been a crappy two weeks. I am hoping some Disney mojo will help.

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14/ CI Dec 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

KittyKat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #1956
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat1978 View Post
My grandma died this week too. She was 91 and had terminal bone cancer. My family doctor (who delivered me) died on Thanksgiving/Columbus day of a sudden heart attack. And my grandpa just got out of the hospital, needs to go in for surgery, but its very risky and they are not sure they are going to do it.

Will keep both of you in my prayers

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #1957
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good thoughts coming your way too.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #1958
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
So guys, I finally surprised my girls! Here is my video, sorry it is sideways!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clDmOc2Ugkw
Love it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan1123 View Post
I managed to pack 99% of my clothes for a 7 day cruise into a carry-on suitcase. Try rolling your clothes that may wrinkle. It may help. Or depending what you're doing, do you have access to an iron or pressing service (if you're on a cruise).
Rolling does help, I do this all the time.

Quote:

Quote:

Ok I blew a lot of yesterday answering emails and on the phone.
I'm going to try to log out of here and go do some constructive things like get my suitcases off my college son's bed so he has a place to sleep tonight if he decides to come home tonight instead of the morning.

I will both of you and your families in my thoughts and prayers.
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #1959
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

So very sorry for all who have lost or are dealing with loved ones' illnesses, house repairs, and other expenses . I'm a Christian and I believe that satan has a way of making our lives miserable just when we are about to do something that will strengthen us (family vacations, big milestones, etc). This day and age, it seems he is content on destroying families at every turn. He hates it when people love and laugh and it sucks!!!

Not only am I wishing all of you pixiedust for your trip but also God's strength and richest blessings for your families. Hang in there and lean on one another!

We've fought off sickie bugs and our TV (of less than 3 yrs old) went out this week. DH's first reaction was to go out and buy another but managed to keep that impulse under control and call a repair shop. It's beyond me how something where a part costs less than $50 can cost $348+ to repair. Still cheaper than buying new but ridiculous nonetheless. I'm all for small businesses thriving but that's just crazy. Also, from what I read, the repair isn't all that technical (I could understand if it was an intense repair). Oh well. Presently, we are watching via DH's computer monitor. There are definitely worse travesties in the world!!!

17 more days til our trip!!!!! We can do this!!

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #1960
4luv2cdisney
DIS Veteran

Haven't read here in a while, sorry to hear of all the struggles all the November travelers are having. THoughts and prayers to you all!

We've been struggling to stay healthy and such at my house. Hopefully the worst is behind us and we'll be left with good health for the trip!

So, we decided we can't wait to get out of here and changed our plans to arrive a day early! Yay! I was hoping to get it added as a night on our FD package, but for now it is room only. Leading me to a question...

One of the health issues we've been battling is with my DD15 and some bronchial stuff. At this very moment, I'm not 100 percent sure what the cause is. I am going to request VIP cleaning of the room. I will have to do this on both reservations. Do you think that increases my chances of not having to switch rooms? I'm hoping it does!

Oh, got my 1st set of magic bands just now! Didn't understand what everyone was so excited about, but I do find this somehow makes me happier today! My box has Mrs. Incredible on it. Is that because she is the character I chose for myself on MDE, or is it the same way everyone's comes?

Think I'm gonna go change my ticker. Have a great day everyone!
11/2009 - CBR - back again for Thanksgiving! ~ 3/2011 - POP - Spring Break ~ 11/2013 - POR - Thanksgiving - Who's coming with us?!
4luv2cdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #1961
Andie272
Mouseketeer

What is the big difference between BOG Lunch and Dinner? Do you still see the beast at lunch? I know dinner is sit down and different menu. But do you still get to experience the setting at lunch? I may have to cancel my dinner and want to know what we will miss out on. I already have a FP+ for lunch on our MK day, so hoping we can experience it all at lunch!

2006 - All Star Music
2009 - Coronado Springs
2013 -Caribbean Beach Resort
Andie272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #1962
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Hugs KittyKat!
Thanks everyone. I'm doing ok because I have a very awesome group of friends that keep reminding me how cool I am.
My friend and her husband that are Disney bound with us are coming by tonight. That should give me some good 3 weeks to go energy.

Can't believe that next week is the last week of October! November is coming fast!
Hope everyone gets

hugs

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #1963
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie272 View Post
What is the big difference between BOG Lunch and Dinner? Do you still see the beast at lunch? I know dinner is sit down and different menu. But do you still get to experience the setting at lunch? I may have to cancel my dinner and want to know what we will miss out on. I already have a FP+ for lunch on our MK day, so hoping we can experience it all at lunch!
Lunch:
Same rooms and setting.
Uses one quick service dining credit.
No visit from Beast.

Dinner:
Same rooms and setting.
Used one table service dining credit.
Beast pays a visit.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #1964
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4luv2cdisney View Post
One of the health issues we've been battling is with my DD15 and some bronchial stuff. At this very moment, I'm not 100 percent sure what the cause is. I am going to request VIP cleaning of the room. I will have to do this on both reservations. Do you think that increases my chances of not having to switch rooms? I'm hoping it does!
:
I've had a lot of lung issues growing up. It's tough and scary.

I would request a thorough cleaning of the room and ask that they air it out if using chemical
cleaners.

Ask for freshly cleaned hypoallergenic pillows. Bring a dust mite pillow case (I think they are $19.99 or so at various bedding places and even Walmart has them I believe).

Is he currently on any meds?
Old 10-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #1965
ottawarob
WDW '76, Disneyland '81, Tokyo '92, WDW '06, Paris '06, Disneyland '08, WDW '13

POP - 11/11 to 11/22

We're heading to WDW from 11/11 to 11/22 -- staying at POP. Me (Dad), plus DW, DD5, DS3. Looking forward to it, big time!

Anybody hear about the following...

- Are fridges back in all rooms at POP yet? If not, which ones?
- How's the WiFi...both on park and at the resorts? Both speed and coverage.

My wife and I got engaged at WDW...but this is our first time back, and first time with kids. Any insider tips? (We already have the 2014 Unofficial Guide and UG with kids, and have read them carefully!)

Would love to join the FB group, but I haven't posted enough to send PMs.

Thanks!
ottawarob is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: