Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #1936
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
So guys, I finally surprised my girls! Here is my video, sorry it is sideways!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clDmOc2Ugkw
Sweet congratulations!
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #1937
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer
 
LimeCordial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post

Congratulations on being a good man with a great sense of Disney and love for your DW and DD. They are two lucky ladies!

Hear Hear!

Thank you for the valuable information as well. I'm going to find a Tiara and when the first CM says "Good day your majesty", I'm going to turn around to the fam and say "See? I told you so".
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #1938
mulan1123
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammag View Post
Anyone else adding this onto another trip or cruise? I am overwhelmed with having to pack for both ends of r adventure....anyone have tips n packing formal wear like dresses lso they don't wrinkle? We are going to Miami expenses paid by my MIL then four disney days, mostly paid for by my mom (lucky right? ) I don't know how we will fi tour things into two suitcases, but I will have to pay for a bigger rental car of we don't
I managed to pack 99% of my clothes for a 7 day cruise into a carry-on suitcase. Try rolling your clothes that may wrinkle. It may help. Or depending what you're doing, do you have access to an iron or pressing service (if you're on a cruise).
mulan1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #1939
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,039

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadApple View Post

That is so sweet of you.

I don't know how cold it got the last 2 nights here, but I caved and turned on the heat.

I will take 65 in a heartbeat.

My MB should be arriving today.
We have had our heat on for days now!! I can't believe how cold it's been already!! Florida, here we come!!!!!!! lol
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #1940
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer
 
LimeCordial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
So guys, I finally surprised my girls! Here is my video, sorry it is sideways!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clDmOc2Ugkw
I couldn't hear any audio (maybe that's good with three girls ) but that was pretty cute!
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #1941
jlaalja
Mouseketeer
 
jlaalja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post
Now I'm jealous
I'm with you! We are going back at Christmas and are sooo excited but no one gets it - well boo to them
__________________
July 2008 Offsite - July 2009 Offsite - December 2010 AKV (Kidani)/Offsite - July 2011 BCV - September 2011 SSR - December 2011 Offsite - April 2012 SSR - June 2012 BLT - July/August 2012 DLR - September 2012 BWV - December 2012 BCV/SSR - March/April 2013 OKW - August 2013 WL/POR - September 2013 BLT - November 2013 SSR - December 2013 AKV (Kidani)/SSR - April 2014 VGF/BLT - June 2014 BLT - July 2014 BLT - August 2014 VWL- September 2014 SSR - December 2014 BWV - December/January 2014/2015 AKV

Joe Lisa Lynae (15) Jacob (12) Anthony (4)
jlaalja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #1942
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran
 
MamaJessie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I said to my husband last night, "Xipotec ordered tiaras for his wife and daughter, where's my tiara?" I got the Mr. Spock raised eyebrow in return. He may be considering commitment at this point. I did look at some adult tiaras last night on Amazon just for giggles. There were some really nice ones for $20. I'm not really the tiara type though.



I finally caved yesterday morning and turned on the heat too. It was 59 degrees in the house when I woke up and since it was in the low 30's out it was just going to get colder. My mom is up right now too and she can't tolerate the cold the way I can. Right now it is 31 degrees out and we are expecting a high of 53. I hope it stays like this so that I can really appreciate Florida when we get down there.

Yay on your MB's!
I did the same thing to DH - he was like 'uh-huh'... On the plus side though when he scares me and says things like 'one day I'd like to surprise you with a trip' he at least knows who to find online for help lol

And ditto on the heat. I woke up and it was 51 Definitely amps up the excitement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
So guys, I finally surprised my girls! Here is my video, sorry it is sideways!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clDmOc2Ugkw
Cute

I did another one of those last minute changes to my plans and need a new ADR. Who knew getting an 'Ohana at 5pm a few weeks out would be so hard?
__________________
Me&DH DD-15 DS -12 DD -7 DD - 5
MamaJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #1943
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadApple View Post
That is so sweet of you.



I don't know how cold it got the last 2 nights here, but I caved and turned on the heat.

I will take 65 in a heartbeat.


My MB should be arriving today.
Heat only on in the living room/kitchen area. Extra blankets went on the bed last night. And the fleece robe was waiting when I got up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I said to my husband last night, "Xipotec ordered tiaras for his wife and daughter, where's my tiara?" I got the Mr. Spock raised eyebrow in return. He may be considering commitment at this point. I did look at some adult tiaras last night on Amazon just for giggles. There were some really nice ones for $20. I'm not really the tiara type though.



I finally caved yesterday morning and turned on the heat too. It was 59 degrees in the house when I woke up and since it was in the low 30's out it was just going to get colder. My mom is up right now too and she can't tolerate the cold the way I can. Right now it is 31 degrees out and we are expecting a high of 53. I hope it stays like this so that I can really appreciate Florida when we get down there.

Yay on your MB's!
Ya those 30's are tough to not turn on the heat. My bedroom said 64 when I went to bed. I refused to cave and just added a blanket knowing it was going into the 30s outside. Not sure how long I'll be able to hold off, but between baking and extra layers I'm doing ok so far.
Can't wait for FL nights of 65 though. It will be a nice treat. And then in FEbruary when I usually get depressed from being snowed in, I have something to look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post
Hear Hear!

Thank you for the valuable information as well. I'm going to find a Tiara and when the first CM says "Good day your majesty", I'm going to turn around to the fam and say "See? I told you so".
I wear my tiara around the house when doing housework sometimes. My family rolls their eyes but I don't care. I feel like Cinderella.

Have you all seen the Disney Florist packages with the glass slipper and tiaras. Wow, to have a prince charming that can afford that. Special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan1123 View Post
I managed to pack 99% of my clothes for a 7 day cruise into a carry-on suitcase. Try rolling your clothes that may wrinkle. It may help. Or depending what you're doing, do you have access to an iron or pressing service (if you're on a cruise).
Has any of you heard of magicscarf.com?
They have some really pretty clothes that honestly are wrinkle free.
You can order from the website but I've seen them around in stores. We have a "Paper store" that sells them.
I bought some through a friend last year. It's tricky if you are heavier in the chest area to get the right size on the website, but my friends all had nice outfits that looked really pretty on them.They truly do have a one size fits many ability. I have a nice jacket that I might pack for Disney.
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #1944
Coconuts
DIS Veteran
 
Coconuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Haddonfield, NJ
Posts: 2,893

We turned on the heat yesterday too. 37 degrees when the kids were walking to school this morning.

And to add insult to injury, my washer and dryer went a few weeks ago so we had to drop a bundle on them. Then 2 days later we found out that the furnace for the second floor needs to be replaced! They still haven't come yet to do that so we've been sleeping with extra blankets and hope that the heat rises from the first floor.

TG our WDW trip was paid for already or I think DH might have said forget it. The cost of all of these new appliances are what we are spending on WDW. Surprisingly DH said he's glad we are going on the WDW trip because he knows we now won't get there for 2-3 years, with our new addition on the way.

6 days now!!! Less than a week!!!

Frustrated though because the dining website still isn't working for me and won't let me search for tables. This is the second day now. Missed out on coordinating an ADR with another Diser because of it. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(6) DD(0) DDog
2013 POR ; 2012 DCL Magic ; 2011 POR ; 2011 POP ; 2009 CBR ; 2007 POR ; 2006 Poly ; 1998 CSR ; 1993 Offsite-Royal Plaza ; 1986 Offsite-Hyatt Regency ; 1983 CR ; 1979 CR
Coconuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #1945
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer
 
LimeCordial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post

Ya those 30's are tough to not turn on the heat. My bedroom said 64 when I went to bed. I refused to cave and just added a blanket


Has any of you heard of magicscarf.com?
They have some really pretty clothes that honestly are wrinkle free.
You can order from the website but I've seen them around in stores. We have a "Paper store" that sells them.
I bought some through a friend last year. It's tricky if you are heavier in the chest area to get the right size on the website, but my friends all had nice outfits that looked really pretty on them.They truly do have a one size fits many ability. I have a nice jacket that I might pack for Disney.
I turn on the heat when it hits 67 inside. I need it at 71 inside to be comfortable. I am royalty after all . Our heating costs are low in winter though because we have so many windows that when it's sunny during the day, it warms the house right up.

I'm going with my version of tourist attire: hoodie, tshirt, jean capris and runners or my TOMS. That's it for this trip. Trying to pack light.
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #1946
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer
 
LimeCordial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
We turned on the heat yesterday too. 37 degrees when the kids were walking to school this morning.

And to add insult to injury, my washer and dryer went a few weeks ago so we had to drop a bundle on them. Then 2 days later we found out that the furnace for the second floor needs to be replaced! They still haven't come yet to do that so we've been sleeping with extra blankets and hope that the heat rises from the first floor.

TG our WDW trip was paid for already or I think DH might have said forget it. The cost of all of these new appliances are what we are spending on WDW. Surprisingly DH said he's glad we are going on the WDW trip because he knows we now won't get there for 2-3 years, with our new addition on the way.

6 days now!!! Less than a week!!!

Frustrated though because the dining website still isn't working for me and won't let me search for tables. This is the second day now. Missed out on coordinating an ADR with another Diser because of it. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We had a surprise car repair recently so I feel your pain :P.

Congrats on the new babe!!!

I'm still crossing fingers for CRT but the website has been wonky for a couple days .
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #1947
mulan1123
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Has any of you heard of magicscarf.com?
They have some really pretty clothes that honestly are wrinkle free.
You can order from the website but I've seen them around in stores. We have a "Paper store" that sells them.
I bought some through a friend last year. It's tricky if you are heavier in the chest area to get the right size on the website, but my friends all had nice outfits that looked really pretty on them.They truly do have a one size fits many ability. I have a nice jacket that I might pack for Disney.
I'll definitely have to check that website out. I hope they ship to Canada....some companies don't ship to Canada
mulan1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #1948
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer
 
LimeCordial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan1123 View Post

I'll definitely have to check that website out. I hope they ship to Canada....some companies don't ship to Canada
Hey fellow Canuck! Should we do our secret handshake (where I pass you a Timmies).

So, who's from where in the November posse?
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #1949
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
So guys, I finally surprised my girls! Here is my video, sorry it is sideways!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clDmOc2Ugkw
Loved the video of you surprising the girls! Thanks for shareing
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #1950
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post
I turn on the heat when it hits 67 inside. I need it at 71 inside to be comfortable. I am royalty after all . Our heating costs are low in winter though because we have so many windows that when it's sunny during the day, it warms the house right up.

I'm going with my version of tourist attire: hoodie, tshirt, jean capris and runners or my TOMS. That's it for this trip. Trying to pack light.
If it doesn't get warm during the day, I do struggle more at night. In the winter I do prefer the higher 70ish temps inside. But with the still ok out weather, I can do the cooler and extra blankets at night.
Honestly it's not as much about the cost of the heat as it is about my seeing what I can handle and how long I can hold out. It's a little contest in myself not with anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan1123 View Post
I'll definitely have to check that website out. I hope they ship to Canada....some companies don't ship to Canada
Oh I hope they do. If I remember right, they are out of Maine.
As I said for the ladies that are Medium/large.....the regular fit looks really nice. For those like me with XL/boarderline women's sizes......it's been hit or miss for me in being able to fit the top comfortable. I don't like clinging clothes and the regular size can be form fitting on me.

For those with the household repair expenses.....I feel your pain. The past 3 years I've felt the money pit feelings. We've had very limiting health bills too.
So ya I'm glad I've already paid for the vacation and there are few things that would cancel the vacation.

Please keep my family in prayers. My 96 year old grandmother died this week and the funeral is tomorrow. And my husbands 96 year old grandmother fell and there is lots going on there too. DHs family is being very supportive in reassuring us to keep looking forward to our vacation.
It's all so draining to be dealing with your own feelings rationally and then trying to work around others issues.

Ok I blew a lot of yesterday answering emails and on the phone.
I'm going to try to log out of here and go do some constructive things like get my suitcases off my college son's bed so he has a place to sleep tonight if he decides to come home tonight instead of the morning.



22 days until my November trip.
And feels super weird to say 99 days for my solo trip! But
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: