Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #1756
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
The thing is FP+ and the Legacy FP systems aren't connected. The computers aren't linked at all. So if they're adjusting the Legacy system, they're doing it manually.

I did hear today that CMs are now refusing to let people with MBs get legacy FPs in some cases. I also heard that if you request a separate KTTW card, it's a special one that doesn't work in the FP machine. To be honest, I suspect a lot of the issues right now have as much or more to do with people double and triple dipping than FP+ itself. These two measures would help preserve legacy FPs for the people who don't have access to MB.
I've been hearing about CM's doing that since the beginning, but it seems to be a random thing. The thing is that I have all the invite stuff from Disney and I read all the terms and conditions and not in one place does it say that in order to test the MBs and FP+ I have to give up regular FPs. It would be absolutely ridiculous for them to limit onsite guests (that pay more to Disney) to 3 while allowing offsite guests to have unlimited FPs. Not to mention the fact that there are still plenty of people who are having problems with the MB and FP+ so they need to be able to pull them if their bands aren't working without waiting on a line for 2 hours to get it straightened out. It is not double dipping to pull FPs with your KTTW card, it is double dipping (or even triple dipping) if people are also using AP or regular tickets or even old cards in addition to their KTTW card to pull more than they are entitled to for one day. I can't believe that people are even defending doing that. My old cards will be sitting at home where they belong, to get extra FPs with them would be like stealing them from someone else. To pull paper FPs with my regular (from this trip only) KTTW card would be the same thing I would be doing with KTTW card had I not been included with the test. I still don't understand why people think it would be OK to penalize people who are staying onsite by limiting them to less than offsite guests and I have no idea why people keep calling that double dipping. I pulled at least 7-8 FPs a day at MK, 5-6 at AK and HS and 4 at Epcot each day I was at those parks last time. I intend to pull the same amount this time (that includes the ones from FP+, not in addition to those).

If they are going to limit me to three I just won't go to Disney again. I don't do lines so it just won't interest me as a vacation destination. It would be one thing if it was nearby and I was just going a day here and there, but I'm not dropping 10 grand on a vacation to spend 8 days in lines.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #1757
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
So they stopped giving out KTTW cards if you have a band? We usually get more than 3 fast passes at magic kingdom so not sure if I will reevaluate my selections if we won't be able to pull legacy FPs. Hmmmm. Back to not knowing what is going on again!
They have not stopped giving out KTTW cards yet. There have been one or two people who claimed they didn't get them or had to ask for them specifically and a few people have claimed that they have has trouble pulling FPs with their KTTW cards (mostly at AK). In addition, a few CMs claimed that they were not supposed to use both, while other CMs said they are supposed to. If you call Disney you will get many different answers. The terms and conditions do not say that you can't have both.
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2013, 06:38 AM   #1758
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post
I did what no person taking a trip in a few weeks should do...

Ventured into the FP+ threads.

You know, the ones that are saying that even with a FP+ time of 9am on Toy Story, they still had to wait over a half hour to ride?!

Maybe now that I'm all done planning and have itineraries printed out I should step away
Oh no I hope that was just a bad day
Old 10-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #1759
theallens
Earning My Ears

counting down

20 more days....whoo hooo
Old 10-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #1760
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did what no person taking a trip in a few weeks should do...

Ventured into the FP+ threads.

You know, the ones that are saying that even with a FP+ time of 9am on Toy Story, they still had to wait over a half hour to ride?!

Maybe now that I'm all done planning and have itineraries printed out I should step away
I am right there with you! We need to step away or we will get stressed!
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #1761
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

I had been looking for a November thread on the other board so I missed this one. So who is going for Thanksgiving Week? I wonder how busy it will be? Should be interesting!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #1762
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer

Sooooo, within 12 hours I've come down with a chest infection.
Fingers crossed (and toes) that is skips my kids or hits them shortly (terrible to say that but I'm just being realistic :P ).
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #1763
Andie272
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theallens View Post
20 more days....whoo hooo
Me too! :d ance3:

2006 - All Star Music
2009 - Coronado Springs
2013 -Caribbean Beach Resort
Andie272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #1764
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
I had been looking for a November thread on the other board so I missed this one. So who is going for Thanksgiving Week? I wonder how busy it will be? Should be interesting!!!
The first post on this thread lists everyone's dates and then the second post has a link to a page with the parks everyone is attending on the different days. If you want me to add you to that post let me know.

Quote:
Sooooo, within 12 hours I've come down with a chest infection.
Fingers crossed (and toes) that is skips my kids or hits them shortly (terrible to say that but I'm just being realistic :P ).
Oh no, hope you get better quickly and that if your kids have to get get sick that they do so quickly.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #1765
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Quote:
Sooooo, within 12 hours I've come down with a chest infection. Fingers crossed (and toes) that is skips my kids or hits them shortly (terrible to say that but I'm just being realistic :P ).
I hope u feel better fast!!! Same thing going around here. My kids cough sounds like they have been smoking cigars ...

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #1766
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

NOOOOOOOOO!!!
There is no getting sick in time for vacation.

Thanks for the reminder to use more germx and take my vitamins.

25 days to go.

Life is crazy around here. But I refuse to let it influence my mood and thinking and ruin the excitement of my up and coming vacation.

Hope everyone is able to minimize the germ contact and spreading.
Please do not share them over the internet with me.

3 weeks before the official packing for me.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #1767
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
The first post on this thread lists everyone's dates and then the second post has a link to a page with the parks everyone is attending on the different days. If you want me to add you to that post let me know.
Thanks! Nov 21- 30 WL and Swan split stay
Old 10-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #1768
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

26 more days for us!!! I I promise I will keep my germs in this house and not spread it to my dis friends

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #1769
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Ya. Still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
I hope u feel better fast!!! Same thing going around here. My kids cough sounds like they have been smoking cigars ...
. Be my son just got over a chest cold. It looked like it would spare me... But yesterday it hit me and we leave in 7 days hopefully DH doesn't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Holly Quinlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #1770
fairytalesfireflies
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I've been hearing about CM's doing that since the beginning, but it seems to be a random thing. The thing is that I have all the invite stuff from Disney and I read all the terms and conditions and not in one place does it say that in order to test the MBs and FP+ I have to give up regular FPs. It would be absolutely ridiculous for them to limit onsite guests (that pay more to Disney) to 3 while allowing offsite guests to have unlimited FPs. Not to mention the fact that there are still plenty of people who are having problems with the MB and FP+ so they need to be able to pull them if their bands aren't working without waiting on a line for 2 hours to get it straightened out. It is not double dipping to pull FPs with your KTTW card, it is double dipping (or even triple dipping) if people are also using AP or regular tickets or even old cards in addition to their KTTW card to pull more than they are entitled to for one day. I can't believe that people are even defending doing that. My old cards will be sitting at home where they belong, to get extra FPs with them would be like stealing them from someone else. To pull paper FPs with my regular (from this trip only) KTTW card would be the same thing I would be doing with KTTW card had I not been included with the test. I still don't understand why people think it would be OK to penalize people who are staying onsite by limiting them to less than offsite guests and I have no idea why people keep calling that double dipping. I pulled at least 7-8 FPs a day at MK, 5-6 at AK and HS and 4 at Epcot each day I was at those parks last time. I intend to pull the same amount this time (that includes the ones from FP+, not in addition to those).

If they are going to limit me to three I just won't go to Disney again. I don't do lines so it just won't interest me as a vacation destination. It would be one thing if it was nearby and I was just going a day here and there, but I'm not dropping 10 grand on a vacation to spend 8 days in lines.
This is stated perfectly. I never thought about it in those terms. If that's the way these vacations will be headed this is our last Disney trip.
fairytalesfireflies is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: