Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #31
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
I would love to get back to Disneyland. Just not sure when yet. I thought 2016 but my youngest wants WDW for his graduation gift. Ds#1 is getting Hawaii in 2015 for his gift.
Sounds like you have some great trips in the works!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #32
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Looking forward to hearing more!
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #33
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Loving it so far Caitlin!! My name is spelt like your's, except it's spelt with a K.

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Pageants
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #34
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneytheKid View Post
Looking forward to hearing more!
More coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Loving it so far Caitlin!! My name is spelt like your's, except it's spelt with a K.
Glad you are enjoying it!

Very cool!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 09-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #35
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

So excited to hear about adventures about DLR! I hope to one day visit, but I'd have to get over the plane ride from NY to California.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #36
burly
DIS Veteran

Sign me up! I love your trip reports ladies....

KIM
burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #38
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Just catching up on your previous report and saw this link so I am subscribing.

I'll be back to read soon.

ETA: Just read your intro. Awesome start! I'm excited to read about your California Adventures

Last edited by natebenma; 09-29-2013 at 02:36 PM.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #39
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
So excited to hear about adventures about DLR! I hope to one day visit, but I'd have to get over the plane ride from NY to California.
Can't wait to share the stories with you!

The plane ride wasn't as bad as we though it would be. It was over pretty quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Sign me up! I love your trip reports ladies....

KIM
I am glad you enjoy them!! Thank you for joining us again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Page 3........real life is just getting in the way all too frequently lately! I am here tho and wouldn't miss out on another wonder Dawn/Caitlin TR!
I am glad to have you back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Just catching up on your previous report and saw this link so I am subscribing.

I'll be back to read soon.

ETA: Just read your intro. Awesome start! I'm excited to read about your California Adventures
Welcome to our new report!

It should be a fun trip report!

Old 09-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #40
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

We're going to Disneyland!

Ok, is everybody ready to get this party started? I hope so, cuz away we go!!

Our flight was at 6:30am so our day began crazy early. (but it's not like anyone actually sleeps the night before they head to Disney anyway)

My dad picked us up just before 5am, and since there was no traffic at 5am on a Sunday morning, we were at Detroit Metro airport by 5:15. We were flying Southwest and as we waited to board I was a little nervous about their boarding procedure. You see Southwest doesn't pre-book seats like the other airlines. Rather than pay ahead of time for a certain seat, like most of their competitors, the order in which you do online checkin determines your place to get in line to board the plane. Then once on the plane, you select your seat. Since we had a pretty long flight ahead of us I didn't want to be seated with strangers so I paid $12.50 pp for the option for a better place in line. We ended up being like 29-31A which meant we were among the first on and did not end up having a problem. I worried for nothing. We had a smooth flight

and arrived at our layover in Denver 30 minutes early

We had about an hour til our next flight so we grabbed some snacks and Caitlin took some pics.

We weren't really sure what this was supposed to be but it was pretty huge!

Our second leg of the flight was also very smooth and before we knew it we were about to land at LAX!!

We got super excited when we spotted the "Hollywood" sign from the airplane!

We arrived at LAX right on time and our bags arrived about 15 minutes later. Easy peasy!

We grabbed our bags and headed outside, to overcast skies and 70 degrees, to find the not-so Magical Express. The shuttle service to DL is nowhere near as simple and efficient (or free) as the WDW ME. We had to wait about half an hour before it arrived but finally we boarded and after half a dozen more stops we were on our way to Disneyland!!

Getting closer

And closer

The shuttle stopped here first

Our stop came next

We're here!!! Disney's Paradise Pier hotel.

I cannot even tell you how excited we were to be here. Dale had been wanting to do a DL trip for years but the cost of air was always prohibitive. However, when I started researching a trip I found a great deal that only cost about 50$ more pp than air from Detroit to Orlando so thanks to that, we were now about to have a dream come true

I got in line to check-in while Caitlin and Dale hit the gift shop.

The CM that checked us in was very nice and as we talked he asked if we were celebrating. I told him that the trip was our 25th anniversary gift to each other although our actual anniversary was still a few months away.

He quickly got us checked in and told me they would text me when the room was ready. I told him that was fine and that we needed lunch anyway. It was only 11am in Cali but to us it was 2pm! So I found the family and we headed over to Downtown Disney to find some lunch.

**continued next post

Last edited by Mary Jo; 01-02-2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: .
dawnbu40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #41
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

We loved how everything was in walking distance from the hotel. To get to DTD we passed the DL Hotel

and within a few more minutes we were at DTD. Not needing a bus to get everywhere is amazing!

The DL DTD has a lot of the same businesses as its WDW counterpart

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C (and our destination)

I had gotten some free gift cards for RFC so that would be our first lunch in DL. We checked in at the elephant

and we were lead up a few flights of stairs to our table. On the way we passed this

We were seated amongst the noisy monkeys and colorful birds.

Once at our table our server arrived pretty quick and we ordered some drinks and our lunch.

Dale and Caitlin ordered some adult beverages. Caitlin had the Island Daiquiri while Dale tried the Panama Punch. They both enjoyed their selections

For her entrée Caitlin wanted a sandwich wrap but they did not have any gluten free options so they wrapped it in lettuce.

Dale and I split the rack of ribs.

Even though the RFC tends to get a bad rap on the Dis, we all really enjoyed our meals. Good food and a lively atmosphere. A nice way to begin our DL adventure!

After we finished our meals it was time for more pictures.

Bellies full it was time to head out into DTD and see all that it had to offer!
Come back next time and Caitlin will tell you all about it

Old 09-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #42
okw19
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Can't wait to read about your west coast adventures!

okw19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #43
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
Joining in! Can't wait to read about your west coast adventures!
Welcome! Glad to have you along
Old 09-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #44
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

Great update . Paradise Pier seems like a fun place to stay but I keep not hearing good things about it, what did you guys think? When I was in Disneyland we stayed off property because my mom's friend that we went with has a bunch of marriot points so we used those. Unlike Disney world where staying on property makes a HUGE difference, we didn't really notice any setbacks or disadvantages of where we stayed except for the fact we had to make sure we were at the shuttle before the second park closed for the evening.

I actually am a big fan of rainforest cafe. they actually do have decent food and I LOVE the atmosphere. I hear T-Rex and rainforest cafe have alot in common so I am curious to finally go there and see what I think of it. My brother said they have really good drinks so I really want to try one of them!!!! While I do love rainforest cafe I haven't been to either Disney Rainforest cafe. I didn't even know they had a rainforest cafe in Disneyland. I have three Rainforest cafe's near me (one is 15 minutes away from my house) so I guess that's why I never really go there when i'm on vacation.

I'm curious to hear what you guys thought of Disneyland's Downtown Disney. I wasn't a big fan of it but I keep hearing I went at a weird time and I didn't make the right choices about where to eat and stuff. We went in the early evening which is probably one of the more crowded times to go there and ate at the counter service part of naples. I LOVED marcellines though so that was a saving point and I really enjoyed there world of Disney which helped as well.
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #45
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
Great update . Paradise Pier seems like a fun place to stay but I keep not hearing good things about it, what did you guys think? When I was in Disneyland we stayed off property because my mom's friend that we went with has a bunch of marriot points so we used those. Unlike Disney world where staying on property makes a HUGE difference, we didn't really notice any setbacks or disadvantages of where we stayed except for the fact we had to make sure we were at the shuttle before the second park closed for the evening.

We have nothing but good things to say about Paradise Pier. We were very pleased with it. I do think staying on Disney property made a difference in our trip. Other than when we rented the car and went into LA we always felt in the "Disney bubble". We loved walking to the parks and DTD and never seeing the outside world.

I actually am a big fan of rainforest cafe. they actually do have decent food and I LOVE the atmosphere. I hear T-Rex and rainforest cafe have alot in common so I am curious to finally go there and see what I think of it. My brother said they have really good drinks so I really want to try one of them!!!! While I do love rainforest cafe I haven't been to either Disney Rainforest cafe. I didn't even know they had a rainforest cafe in Disneyland. I have three Rainforest cafe's near me (one is 15 minutes away from my house) so I guess that's why I never really go there when i'm on vacation.

RFC owns TRex and we really like their food too

I'm curious to hear what you guys thought of Disneyland's Downtown Disney. I wasn't a big fan of it but I keep hearing I went at a weird time and I didn't make the right choices about where to eat and stuff. We went in the early evening which is probably one of the more crowded times to go there and ate at the counter service part of naples. I LOVED marcellines though so that was a saving point and I really enjoyed there world of Disney which helped as well.
The only meal we had at DTD was at RFC but we enjoyed roaming the shops and the live music.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: