Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2014, 11:36 PM   #241
bellebookworm9
Future Au.D.

Hello! I just found this TR a few days ago and am all caught up now. My best friend and I are taking our first trip to DL in May, also staying at PP in a concierge theme park view room. We're WDW vets; I'm a former CM there and he's a current CM. I really like your report-the alternating story telling is great.
*1992-Offsite *1994-Offsite *2/15-20, 2007-All Star Music *5/17-28, 2010-Kidani Village @ AKL Dining *10/7-11, 2011-Beach Club Villas Dining *1/10-11, 2012-Old Key West *1/2012-10/2013 WDWCP/Seasonal CM at Epcot Main Entrance *2/9-12, 2012-Coronado Springs *5/10-5/11, 2012-All Star Music Four Months of Disney Dining *5/22-26,2012-All Star Sports *5/26-27, 2012-Port Orleans French Quarter *12/17-21, 2012-Wilderness Lodge *5/7-10, 2013-Pop Century *7/24-30, 2013-Art of Animation *1/6-10, 2014 -Art of Animation *3/25-29, 2014-All Star Movies *3/29-30, 2014-Boardwalk Villas *5/18-23, 2014-Paradise Pier *8/13-18, 2014-Caribbean Beach *8/18-19, 2014-Grand Floridian Trip Report & Dining *12/14-19, 2014-Port Orleans French Quarter-The Never Ending PTR! *3/17-23, 2015-Coronado Springs *10/9-13, 2015-Boardwalk Inn

bellebookworm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #242
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellebookworm9 View Post
Hello! I just found this TR a few days ago and am all caught up now. My best friend and I are taking our first trip to DL in May, also staying at PP in a concierge theme park view room. We're WDW vets; I'm a former CM there and he's a current CM. I really like your report-the alternating story telling is great.
Welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying our report! I hope you enjoy DL as much as we did
dawnbu40 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #243
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

I'm enjoying reading about Disneyland so much. Hopefully we will get there sometime soon.
That seemed like a pretty reasonable price for a character meal compared to the ones at WDW. Love that they ha e Meeko, he is one of my favorites.

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
POLY1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #244
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
I'm enjoying reading about Disneyland so much. Hopefully we will get there sometime soon.
That seemed like a pretty reasonable price for a character meal compared to the ones at WDW. Love that they ha e Meeko, he is one of my favorites.
I'm so glad you're enjoying our TR

We thought the meal was worth the price and since it was practically empty we had a lot of extra fun with the characters.

dawnbu40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #245
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

So the big question What was I up to that morning?!

When we began our research on the DL hotels we found out that the Grand Californian offered a lot of fun activities and as long as you were a guest at a Disney hotel you could participate! There were a ton of activities but the two the interested me were the Yoga/Pilates hybrid class and the walking tour of California Adventure. Unfortunately the hybrid class wasn't available on days that we weren't in the park but this morning they offered the walking tour! Since we were having a relaxed day and just heading to LA we could afford the time for me to go! The best part of this is it's completely free!

When I split up with mom and dad I headed to the special entrance from the Grand Californian to California Adventure. It took a while for everyone to show up and there were about 6 people including the instructor. The purpose of the tour is for you to get a look at the park before anyone else is allowed in! It was so cool seeing California Adventure for the first time without any other guests in it!

The video I will post shows that you are supposed to sort of get a description of what your seeing and get special facts but our group ended up arguing about whether DL or WDW was better. I missed the cool facts but seeing the park was worth it.

I was the only person who hadn't been in the park before and when our walk took us to Carsland my jaw dropped! It was just gorgeous! Everyone looked at me and laughed and was excited for me.

It was a great experience and I would recommend it to everyone! The group can either choose to slow down or walk faster depending on the type of tour you're looking for. It also takes you all around the park from the Grizzly River Rapids area through the Boardwalk area through Bugs Land and through Carsland. It's an awesome experience! This was probably one of my favorite parts of the trip and if I could have done it again I would have! Be sure to have good walking shoes and no cameras allowed!

Walking tour video

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #246
thatgrljme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post

When we began our research on the DL hotels we found out that the Grand Californian offered a lot of fun activities and as long as you were a guest at a Disney hotel you could participate! There were a ton of activities but the two the interested me were the Yoga/Pilates hybrid class and the walking tour of California Adventure. Unfortunately the hybrid class wasn't available on days that we weren't in the park but this morning they offered the walking tour! Since we were having a relaxed day and just heading to LA we could afford the time for me to go! The best part of this is it's completely free!

When I split up with mom and dad I headed to the special entrance from the Grand Californian to California Adventure. It took a while for everyone to show up and there were about 6 people including the instructor. The purpose of the tour is for you to get a look at the park before anyone else is allowed in! It was so cool seeing California Adventure for the first time without any other guests in it!

The video I will post shows that you are supposed to sort of get a description of what your seeing and get special facts but our group ended up arguing about whether DL or WDW was better. I missed the cool facts but seeing the park was worth it.

I was the only person who hadn't been in the park before and when our walk took us to Carsland my jaw dropped! It was just gorgeous! Everyone looked at me and laughed and was excited for me.

It was a great experience and I would recommend it to everyone! The group can either choose to slow down or walk faster depending on the type of tour you're looking for. It also takes you all around the park from the Grizzly River Rapids area through the Boardwalk area through Bugs Land and through Carsland. It's an awesome experience! This was probably one of my favorite parts of the trip and if I could have done it again I would have! Be sure to have good walking shoes and no cameras allowed!

Walking tour video
I've been following your trip report for a while and I must say....this sounds amazing! I just joined a gym and will be taking a trip to DLR in May with my son and father so I'm glad to know that this is available so I can keep up with working out while I'm on vacation.

thatgrljme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #247
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgrljme View Post
I've been following your trip report for a while and I must say....this sounds amazing! I just joined a gym and will be taking a trip to DLR in May with my son and father so I'm glad to know that this is available so I can keep up with working out while I'm on vacation.
Thank you for reading!

It was a lot of fun! They also offer one through Downtown Disney.

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 01-06-2014, 05:17 PM   #248
thatgrljme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you for reading!

It was a lot of fun! They also offer one through Downtown Disney.
Did you just make the reservations through the hotel? How much ahead of time did you have to make them?

thatgrljme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #249
MEK
DIS Veteran

Very cool! I am TOTALLY doing that when we finally visit next year. Thanks for posting the video. I am learning so much!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:39 AM   #250
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
That sounds pretty cool!
Too bad about the argument, but glad to hear you enjoyed it anyway.
No cameras? That seems odd.
Must've been torture for you!

I'm at work, so I can't see the vid.
I'll check it out at home, later.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #251
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgrljme View Post
Did you just make the reservations through the hotel? How much ahead of time did you have to make them?
Yes you can either call the Grand Californian or go over and talk to their guest relations CM. I only made mine two days in advance so I think 24 hours is the max? I know it says so on the sheet you get with the times and the list of activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Very cool! I am TOTALLY doing that when we finally visit next year. Thanks for posting the video. I am learning so much!
It's a lot of fun!

I watched the video before I did it so I could know more about it so I thought it would help!

Glad to be helping you out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
That sounds pretty cool!
Too bad about the argument, but glad to hear you enjoyed it anyway.
No cameras? That seems odd.
Must've been torture for you!

I'm at work, so I can't see the vid.
I'll check it out at home, later.
It was!

I was a bit tortured with no one there I could have gotten some great pics!

Old 01-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #252
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

That looks like fun! I wonder why you can't take a camera since it wasn't a behind the scenes tour?

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
POLY1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:22 AM   #253
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
That looks like fun! I wonder why you can't take a camera since it wasn't a behind the scenes tour?
There is a set time for the walk to begin and end so maybe they thought it would take too long if people were stopping for pictures

Old 02-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #255
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Love the details of the Storyteller restaurant!! The character interaction did look so cute!

And what a cool thing to offer...power walking pre-park opening! I would sign up for that!!
We all had a great morning!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: