Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #151
rsb7706
Earning My Ears

I hope you do decide to do another trip report for your bday trip!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #152
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
Hello ladies! We just got back from WDW on Sunday so I am catching up.
How great that you got all those Photopass pictures - they really turned out good. The castle looks so pretty. I love the way they tell the story. The seats in Space Mountain look a lot more comfortable. Can't wait to hear more.
Also, I definitely want to hear about the upcoming trip so please keep writing.
Oh, and Caitlin, I highly recommend the frozen Caipirinha from Brazil at F&W -so good!!
I hope you had a great trip!

We loved the Photopass pics! We got really lucky with how well they turned out!

I love Sleeping Beautys Castle!

The walk through is a great addition!

Space Mountain was way more fun at DL!

I will be writing one!

I think I already have that on my list of things to try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Ok, I can't speak for everyone, but I'll be extremely disappointed if you decided not to do a TR....not gonna lie, there could be tears from me! I need to iive vicariously through you!!!

Great update and once again, amazing pictures!
I will be writing one! I will add tons of pictures and stories to make it like you're there!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsb7706 View Post
I hope you do decide to do another trip report for your bday trip!
I will be!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #153
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Add me to the list of people who want another trip report! I am really enjoying this report a lot.

Me DH DD DS
MagicShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #154
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Add me to the list of people who want another trip report! I am really enjoying this report a lot.
Glad you are enjoying it and I will be doing a trip report!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 11-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #155
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Still here and loving your update! I so prefer DL's Space Mountain too!

I haven't done the castle walkthrough (well, probably did decades ago, but I can't remember) - we will need to make time for that for sure!

And I have officially booked our January DLR trip!

Oh, and I am always going to say yes to more TRs!
RGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #156
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Still here and loving your update! I so prefer DL's Space Mountain too!

I haven't done the castle walkthrough (well, probably did decades ago, but I can't remember) - we will need to make time for that for sure!

And I have officially booked our January DLR trip!

Oh, and I am always going to say yes to more TRs!
Thank you! It is a lot more fun!

You do! It's really cool!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! I will be writing one!

Old 11-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #157
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Hey Gang! Time for one last quick update before we leave for Disney World! Yep the time has flown by and tomorrow morning our flight leaves Detroit Metro at 6:50 and we arrive at MCO at 9:30. We are super excited to be celebrating Caitlin's birthday at Disney. Our plans include: adrs at Be Our Guest, Ohana and California Grille. We'll also be going to a Dessert Party, MVMCP and Caitlin is running in the Jingle Jungle 5K. We'll also be hitting the Food and Wine Fest, Osborne Lights and we are having a very special Dis-Meet. Should be an amazing week!! Anyway, time to get back to August in Disneyland....

When Caitlin left off they had ridden Space Mountain and then we were headed over to Fantasyland to catch a showing of "Mickey and the Magical Map".

If you aren't familiar with the show, here is a synopsis: Mickey stars as the Sorcerer's Apprentice and he is working on a magical map (hence the name) Mickey gets into some trouble with an unfinished bit of map, named Spot, and is transported to the songs of some of your favorite Disney movies. There are big production numbers and it is absolutely amazing! If you ever get to DL you MUST see this show! It really is magical, and myself and the young lady I was travelling with just may have been moved to tears

Yensid

Mickey

King Louie

Then it was time for princesses to make their appearances

Then we went under the sea (look at the guy in the bubble! So cool)

And then a big finish!

Continued next post~

dawnbu40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #158
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Honestly, it was amazing! It was my favorite stage show at DL and I wish they would bring it to WDW!

After the show we headed over to Toon Town. This area really feels like you've stepped into a cartoon and we had fun walking around and checking everything out.

Cute refreshment stand

Donald's boat

Caitlin borrowed a car and went for a drive before running into some trouble

Guess who lives here?

We walked through Chip and Dale's tree but they live in kind of cramped quarters

Then we stopped by Mickey's place.

Caitlin made herself right at home

And Dale found a spot for a nap

You'd think a star as big as Mickey would have someone to do his laundry

After touring Mickey's place we went out back and checked out his yard

When we left there was a PP photographer just waiting to take our pictures.

That's the end of our Toon Town tour so I'll end here.
Up Next- trapped behind Honey Boo Boo at the train queue

Old 11-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #159
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Thanks for the update. That show looks a lot of fun.

Enjoy your trip and safe travels.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #160
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Thanks for the update. That show looks a lot of fun.
It really was

Enjoy your trip and safe travels.
Thank you, we will!
Old 11-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #161
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]
We grabbed our bags and headed outside, to overcast skies and 70 degrees, to find the not-so Magical Express. The shuttle service to DL is nowhere near as simple and efficient (or free) as the WDW ME. We had to wait about half an hour before it arrived but finally we boarded and after half a dozen more stops we were on our way to Disneyland!!
I'm following along....we're WDW folks too and we leave for DLR in less than 4 weeks! Did you pay for the Not-so Magical Express ahead of time? I have coupons to use it but can't see how to use the coupon on the website and my flyer actually says no reservation required. I was just wondering how you all handled that.....the coupon says to present to the ticket agent. Hm...we'll be flying in to LAX and landing at 7:35 pm......I don't want to start off our vacation with anything but magic!
Old 11-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #162
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
I'm following along....we're WDW folks too and we leave for DLR in less than 4 weeks! Did you pay for the Not-so Magical Express ahead of time? I have coupons to use it but can't see how to use the coupon on the website and my flyer actually says no reservation required. I was just wondering how you all handled that.....the coupon says to present to the ticket agent. Hm...we'll be flying in to LAX and landing at 7:35 pm......I don't want to start off our vacation with anything but magic!
Lucky you to see the parks decorated for the holidays!! I hope you love it!
We did pre-pay for the shuttle and then we just had to show the driver our confirmation email. However, there were people on board with us who paid as they boarded.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #163
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Had to go back and get a little bit caught up.

I do love the Lego statues they have in DLR. Belle and the Beast are definitely the best.

It's so nice that the parks are right across from each other, isn't it?

Beautiful view at Paradise Pier! We've had the DTD Disney view at GC before, which was nice, but there's nothing like a theme park view.

We've never done Club Level before, but I've wanted to. I love the food options.

Trader Sam's looks great! Love cheesy craziness. And drinks. Definitely the drinks too. Haha!

Indiana Jones is certainly my favorite DLR ride also. The queue is really the best part. So well themed.

I do like Pirates better in DLR than in WDW. I think it's the two drops part. I'm easily amused.

In the majority of my experiences, I've actually found the Disneyland CM's to be even better than the WDW ones. I wonder why people have felt the opposite?

I'm totally a fan of character randomness! I actually miss the days back in WDW when you would totally just run into random characters.

Can't believe that you go back to WDW in a week! Have fun on your trip!

Space Mountain in Disneyland is my favorite version. It was closed when we went in April. *sob*

I would definitely love to hear about your birthday trip.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #164
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Had to go back and get a little bit caught up.

Glad you're all caught up

I do love the Lego statues they have in DLR. Belle and the Beast are definitely the best.
Aren't they the cutest?!

It's so nice that the parks are right across from each other, isn't it?

Yes, we loved that!

Beautiful view at Paradise Pier! We've had the DTD Disney view at GC before, which was nice, but there's nothing like a theme park view.

The view was the reason we went with Paradise Pier but next time we would love to try the GC. It is just gorgeous!

We've never done Club Level before, but I've wanted to. I love the food options.

We do too and we do find it is worth the money.

Trader Sam's looks great! Love cheesy craziness. And drinks. Definitely the drinks too. Haha!

It is the most fun bar!

Indiana Jones is certainly my favorite DLR ride also. The queue is really the best part. So well themed.

It is such a great ride and queue. I wish DHS had that instead of the stunt show.

I do like Pirates better in DLR than in WDW. I think it's the two drops part. I'm easily amused.
We are too

In the majority of my experiences, I've actually found the Disneyland CM's to be even better than the WDW ones. I wonder why people have felt the opposite?
I really don't understand. I hear a lot of complaints that DL does not compare to WDW but we certainly did not feel that way.

I'm totally a fan of character randomness! I actually miss the days back in WDW when you would totally just run into random characters.

Ah the good ol days before the character handlers.

Can't believe that you go back to WDW in a week! Have fun on your trip!

Actually we go tomorrow! Thanks

Space Mountain in Disneyland is my favorite version. It was closed when we went in April. *sob*

I would definitely love to hear about your birthday trip.
Well she will be writing all about it so she'll be glad to have you along
Old 11-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #165
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
[SIZE="4"] We are super excited to be celebrating Caitlin's birthday at Disney. Our plans include: adrs at Be Our Guest, Ohana and California Grille. We'll also be going to a Dessert Party, MVMCP and Caitlin is running in the Jingle Jungle 5K. We'll also be hitting the Food and Wine Fest, Osborne Lights and we are having a very special Dis-Meet. Should be an amazing week!! Anyway, time to get back to August in Disneyland....

When Caitlin left off they had ridden Space Mountain and then we were headed over to Fantasyland to catch a showing of "Mickey and the Magical Map".

If you aren't familiar with the show, here is a synopsis: Mickey stars as the Sorcerer's Apprentice and he is working on a magical map (hence the name) Mickey gets into some trouble with an unfinished bit of map, named Spot, and is transported to the songs of some of your favorite Disney movies. There are big production numbers and it is absolutely amazing! If you ever get to DL you MUST see this show! It really is magical, and myself and the young lady I was travelling with just may have been moved to tears
I'll be curious to read your new trip report from WDW. We went almost a year ago and I'm just now writing mine! We did the ADRs at BOG, Ohana, and CG also but we were too late for F&W. Someday! We are headed to DLR in less than a month for our first west coast trip so I'm loving this TR. I love all things musical so Mickey and the Magical Map is right up my alley.....of course, dh will be happy to attend too

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: