Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #31
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

That is an adorable picture of Allie in front of the Living Seas sign. Did you get a chance to see Turtle Talk with Crush? We like to watch it even if we don't have any kids with us.

I'm hoping that upgrading to the Annual Pass wasn't the cause of your RFID problems. When is the latest you can upgrade to an Annual Pass and still have the cost of the tickets credited to the price?

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #32
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTeddy View Post
I'm really enjoying your TR!

We are trying BOMA for the first time-what do you mean about switching nights to catch the ribs? Are they only available certain nights?

Sounds like a bit of hassle with the cards and credits! Oh no! I trust Disney straightens it all out in the end!
We had read on the dining board about rib night at Boma on Saturday. I don't know what other nights had but there was so much variety that I am sure any night would be good.

Stay tuned for the card stories, but yes, Disney always makes it right in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
That is an adorable picture of Allie in front of the Living Seas sign. Did you get a chance to see Turtle Talk with Crush? We like to watch it even if we don't have any kids with us.

I'm hoping that upgrading to the Annual Pass wasn't the cause of your RFID problems. When is the latest you can upgrade to an Annual Pass and still have the cost of the tickets credited to the price?
We didn't get to do Turtle Talk this time, but we did it last year and we have it at CA Adventure, so it wasn't a top priority. We do enjoy it though.

We think the pass upgrade was when the card problem started, but we still recommend upgrading as soon as you have used the tickets once so that you can take advantage of the merchandise discounts the whole time. You could wait to upgrade until the last day your tickets are valid, but either way your pass expiration date will be the first day the tickets being upgraded were used.

We have a picture of Allie in that same spot last year, and it is fun to see how much she has grown.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2013, 02:07 AM   #33
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I hope they are working out the issues with the bands. It is such a bummer that you had a rough night transportation wise. That was the epitome of our last trip. We stayed at GF for a week and only rode the monorail twice, because it was down every other time we tried. Busses took forever too, so I decided not to pay the extra fees for a monorail resort this upcoming trip.

I feel for Allie wanting to get up and down in the crowded bus. It is hard enough for an adult to hold on during some of the turns. When Xander was about her age, he was falling over (from the turns and being overly tired). I had to hold him through the ride while trying to prevent myself from falling. It was not pretty. We went through that twice on that trip. Luckily, a nice teenaged boy offered us his seat one of the times.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #34
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Grand Californian,

I've had a much needed quiet day at home today and I noticed your PTR and TR in your signature on the WL thread. Oh my, what an absolutely wonderful way to spend my quiet afternoon reading your PTR and TR!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your planning and trip experiences with those of us who love to remember our own trips while reading about others.

Allie (and all those dresses!) are adorable!!! Our first trip with our kids was when DD(20) was 2 1/2 and we had a blast following her around everywhere!

Looking forward to reading more! See you on the WL thread!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Last edited by CuteAsMinnie; 10-04-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #35
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Great update
We all get cranky at times
Old 10-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #36
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I hope they are working out the issues with the bands. It is such a bummer that you had a rough night transportation wise. That was the epitome of our last trip. We stayed at GF for a week and only rode the monorail twice, because it was down every other time we tried. Busses took forever too, so I decided not to pay the extra fees for a monorail resort this upcoming trip.

I feel for Allie wanting to get up and down in the crowded bus. It is hard enough for an adult to hold on during some of the turns. When Xander was about her age, he was falling over (from the turns and being overly tired). I had to hold him through the ride while trying to prevent myself from falling. It was not pretty. We went through that twice on that trip. Luckily, a nice teenaged boy offered us his seat one of the times.
Yeah transportation can be tough anywhere. We have generally had good luck though, and that was our worst of this trip.

We had one of those parenting dillemas on the bus where we considered letting her fall, but we realized that picking her up would have been difficult. She was just certain she could hold herself up though, without holding on to anything else, and nobody on that bus could do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Grand Californian,

I've had a much needed quiet day at home today and I noticed your PTR and TR in your signature on the WL thread. Oh my, what an absolutely wonderful way to spend my quiet afternoon reading your PTR and TR!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your planning and trip experiences with those of us who love to remember our own trips while reading about others.

Allie (and all those dresses!) are adorable!!! Our first trip with our kids was when DD(20) was 2 1/2 and we had a blast following her around everywhere!

Looking forward to reading more! See you on the WL thread!
Thanks! That is so neat that you enjoyed reading about our trip as part of your quiet afternoon. We are glad that you found our reports. We know that the time will fly, and we enjoy having the trip reports to look back on in the future.

We are in love with WL, and can't picture staying anywhere else since it just feels like home. We'll see you on the thread and maybe someday at the lodge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
Great update
We all get cranky at times
Lol, yes we do. We are glad you enjoyed the update and we will post another one soon.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #37
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Gulp, I really fell behind here. I went from luggage sitting in your house to an endless bus ride "back home." But, in-between you had lots of fun with a pretty dress and toes and snacks and a great meal at TE, SS and Boma... And there's lots more to come and I won't be tardy
Old 10-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #38
BarbP
Earning My Ears

I'm in. And I LOVE all the pretty dresses that your little princess is wearing. I am assuming that since you love sewing that you made these? We will be at the Villas of Wilderness Lodge in about a month to celebrate our grandson's First Birthday! Woohoo!! So I am really enjoying your report.

More trips to Disney then I can count!!!!
And an Annual Passholder!!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #39
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Gulp, I really fell behind here. I went from luggage sitting in your house to an endless bus ride "back home." But, in-between you had lots of fun with a pretty dress and toes and snacks and a great meal at TE, SS and Boma... And there's lots more to come and I won't be tardy
Ahh, don't worry. We are way behind in writing updates, but we have a whole lot of pictures uploaded already and we just ordered our PhotoPass download yesterday, so that will give even more pictures to post.

We have lots more to post, since we're not even done with our first full day. We're glad you're here and following along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbP View Post
I'm in. And I LOVE all the pretty dresses that your little princess is wearing. I am assuming that since you love sewing that you made these? We will be at the Villas of Wilderness Lodge in about a month to celebrate our grandson's First Birthday! Woohoo!! So I am really enjoying your report.
Welcome, and thank you. Yes, Melissa sewed all of the dresses that Allie wore on this trip, and she detailed that process in our Pre Trip Report. She started Disney sewing last year when she made some special dresses for the trip, and she got really into it this year. There were even some dresses that she didn't get to wear on the trip.

Congratulations on the upcoming WL trip. It is such an amazing peaceful place, and worked great for our three generation trip last year. Your grandson and everybody else should find something to love at WL.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #40
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

BBB Morning

Hi everybody. We finally got another update written! We're sorry for the delay, but life gets busy sometimes. We will keep up on the TR, and love sharing the events and pictures with everybody, so let's get to it.

So let's see when we left off we had just gotten back to WL after an epic trip home from AKL via DTD.We were beat from such a long day so we headed right up to our room. When we got there none of our room keys worked! Paul headed down to the front desk to get things sorted out and Allie planked in the hallway in protest.

I went and talked to a very nice CM at the front desk and mentioned the trouble we had been having with the cards since upgrading to the pass. She apologized and reprogrammed our existing keys for the room, which worked to let us in. I made a trip to Roaring Fork for mug refills, and Allie got a bath then we called home to update our parents on our fun day, since it wasn't that late at home yet. We wound up in bed about 11:30

Allie was zonked from our busy day before and she didnt even notice that the Fairy Godmother had visited her overnight.

She wasn't too hard to motivate out of bed once she realized she had an appointment at the Bippity Boppity Boutique

I woke up first and headed down for a mug refill. I stopped and took a picture of the beautiful WL lobby, as I did many times on the way to or from the room.

Roaring Fork wasn't too busy, and I grabbed a plate of Strawberry Mickey Waffles for us to share for breakfast. I also noticed that they now had the multi-color RFID mugs available for sale. I quickly posted this on the WL thread, and then went to check out. Again the tap to pay would not work on my card, and the CM had to get a manager to approve my breakfast purchase. I wasn't thrilled, but I hoped he could explain why this was happening. He explained that it was just part of the new system, and showed the CM how to swipe the card manually.

We all got ready then headed out to the boat dock to head over to the Magic Kingdom.

On the way in we stopped for a pre makeover picture on Main Street:

You can tell she isn't a morning person...
The whole BBB thing is interesting. Last year she was too little to do it, and showed no interest. While we were making ADRs in the spring Melissa and I wondered if she would like it this year. I questioned the money, but Melissa said she might really get into it. Melissa ended up making an ADR for BBB in the castle at MK for our second full day at WDW. Allie still showed no real interest in it until we were watching the Disney planning DVD while packing for our trip. She saw the part about BBB and announced to us that she wanted to do that. We said "We'll see" while we both were glad to see her enthusiasm. That enthusiasm grew as she frequently asked on the way to WDW and at least 10 times during the day Saturday if the could do the "Bibidy Boutique" now? We told her that such things are arranged by the fairy godmothers, and that we would ask them if Allie could do it too.
Melissa had sewn her a Cinderella dress, which took quite a bit of effort because she had to work on it when Allie wasn't around, and she never had the opportunity to have Allie try it on, since the dress was delivered as a surprise by the fairy godmothers to our hotel room wile Allie was sleeping.

Needless to say I was so glad that I booked it. I made her Cinderella dress because she is really sensitive to itchy clothing and I was afraid that a dress from Disney might be too itchy for her. We checked into BBB then waited to be called to the dressing room.

Allie was getting super excited but I could also tell she was nervous. Finally they called her back for her makeover.

She was taking the makeover very seriously, and it was hard to catch her smiling in the pictures, but she was having a good time.

We were both taking lots of pictures, and we the PhotoPass photographer took some good ones too, so there are a bunch of pictures of that half hour.

Finally she was all done, and was very excited to be crowned "Princess Allison"

We went and did the photo shoot afterward, and the photopass photographer there had the same birthday as Allie. She did a great job, and Allie had fun with it. Then it was time for a ride, and Allie chose one of her favorites, the carousel:

Then it was finally time to head into New Fantasyland! Our first stop was fastpasses for the Ariel ride, which were only about a half hour from being ready to use.

The line was only about 20 minutes but we ride this ride so much at home that I really didn't want to wait so the fastpasses worked out great. We walked past BOG where people were already lining up for lunch and back to Gaston's Tavern. Gaston was out greeting people but Allie wasn't interested in waiting.

So we headed into Gaston's tavern and decided to share a Le Fou's brew. It was pretty tasty and Allie REALLY liked it. I didn't like it enough to order one on my own but it was nice to share.

Allie took the opportunity to take some pictures with her camera, which we got for her just before the trip. She had a kids camera that died and we were at Toys-R-Us looking for a replacement, and found that for just a little more we were able to get a real camera, a shock and waterproof Nikon. She loves taking pictures with it, and she used it a lot on the trip.

We then went shopping, and in the little gift shop across from Gaston's tavern we got Allie a foam crown and sword. Of course I needed a sword too to defend myself, which Allie thinks is great fun. We also found a Beast stuffed animal here who had to join us as well, since Allie's favorite plush toy is a stuffed Belle.

The queue for Ariel is beautiful, they really did a great job making you feel like you are going into the movie.

The ride itself? Exactly the same as the one in California. I had heard this so I expected it but yup it's the same.

Here is my buddy Ursula, it is hard to get a great shot of her because it seems her eyes are always closed or she's throwing her arms around but she cooperated this day.

Since getting her new camera before the trip, Melissa has been playing with photographing characters on Disney dark rides, and Ursula can be a tough one.

After the ride, it was time to head for another leftover thing that we wanted to do last year but never made it to. We wanted lunch from Pecos Bill's

Once again we had to swipe our tap to pay card manually, and the CM suggested we talk to a manager at our resort if we were staying longer (and we had a week to go!) The burger wasn't bad, but I guess I had it worked up to be more in my head because I was a little disappointed. There was nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't the best Disney park burger I've had. I did enjoy the fries and cake though, and it was nice to have a cool place to sit. That restaurant seating area is huge, but we were able to get a table inside in one of the back corners.

I really enjoyed my sandwich and Allie made friends with the table next to us. She informed them that she was a princess and had been to BBB earlier in the day.

This was the first time of many during the trip where Allie would insist on making friends with total strangers. She has a gift for that.

After lunch we were on to more adventures, but we'll cover those in the next update...

Last edited by GrandCalifornian; 10-17-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #41
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Seeing Allie all cute after BBB makes me want a girl and want to take her to BBB. I was always slightly judgmental about it but she looks SOOO happy!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #42
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
I went and talked to a very nice CM at the front desk and mentioned the trouble we had been having with the cards since upgrading to the pass. She apologized and reprogrammed our existing keys for the room, which worked to let us in.
That must have been pretty annoying after such a long day. Have you ever had that happen before?

Quote:
Allie was zonked from our busy day before and she didnt even notice that the Fairy Godmother had visited her overnight. She wasn't too hard to motivate out of bed once she realized she had an appointment at the Bippity Boppity Boutique
I love the way you surprised her. She must have been very excited.

Quote:
I woke up first and headed down for a mug refill. I stopped and took a picture of the beautiful WL lobby, as I did many times on the way to or from the room.
I love that lobby view. It is a lot nicer view than the north wing hallways have.

Quote:

On the way in we stopped for a pre makeover picture on Main Street:
What a good idea to take a before shot. Allie looks like she hasn't fully woken up yet.

Quote:

Finally she was all done, and was very excited to be crowned "Princess Allison"
She looks lovely and you can tell that she is very happy about her makeover and her dress. Does she ever talk about that day now that she is home?

Quote:

So we headed into Gaston's tavern and decided to share a Le Fou's brew. It was pretty tasty and Allie REALLY liked it. I didn't like it enough to order one on my own but it was nice to share.
I had a couple extra snack credits to use on our last night, so I tried this drink. I thought it was pretty good but my husband didn't like it all. I don't think Gaston would have liked it either.
Quote:

After the ride, it was time to head for another leftover thing that we wanted to do last year but never made it to. We wanted lunch from Pecos Bill's
The burger wasn't bad, but I guess I had it worked up to be more in my head because I was a little disappointed. There was nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't the best Disney park burger I've had. I did enjoy the fries and cake though, and it was nice to have a cool place to sit. That restaurant seating area is huge, but we were able to get a table inside in one of the back corners.
We had a very disappointing lunch at Pecos Bills in February. I think they used to be better. The best hamburger of our trip, surprisingly enough, was at the ABC Commissary. Maybe this year we will get a chance to try the burger at Roaring Forks. I've heard that it is good.

Quote:
I really enjoyed my sandwich and Allie made friends with the table next to us. She informed them that she was a princess and had been to BBB earlier in the day.
did she really think she was a princess that day? How cute is that.

Quote:
After lunch we were on to more adventures, but we'll cover those in the next update...
Great trip update. It looks like the BBB was a big hit.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #43
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

So glad Allie enjoyed BBB!

Love the carousel picture!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 10-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #44
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

So frustrating that you had so many issues with the RFID cards. If I was a little younger, I would probably plank out in the hallway like Allie.

I love the dress you made her. It is simple, yet stunning. The fabric does look comfortable. Allie looked very cute all dolled up. I love the button that looks typed saying Princess Allie. Did she get that at BBB? I only have boys, so we have never been there. We have had the buttons filled in with the marker. The marker always fades and never looks anywhere near as nice as that button Allie has.

I love the picture on the carousel. It looks professional. What type of camera are you using?

Le Fleu brew sounds interesting. What is in it (lemonade)?

I think the queue for LM looks way better at WDW. For that reason alone, I want to ride it. In California, I will not even ride it unless the wait is under 10 minutes, which is 90% of the time. Considering the ride is the same, it must be the queue driving the Floridian visitors in.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #45
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I love how you progressed from wiped-out Allie to glamed-out Princess Allison. That shot at BBB would make a great Christmas card. I'm glad I don't have to choose the photo - too many great ones to choose from!

The shot Melissa took from behind where Allie is waving, is she waving to Gaston? I like that shot of her just walking by, but acknowledging what she's passing up for shorter lines, umm, greener pastures.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: