Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #61
bryannem
Mouseketeer

Went last night and the rain mostly cooperated. It came down pretty hard one time for about 30-40 minutes, but we can prepared. Mickey and Minnie were together in town square. We had the hardest time with the Pooh gang. We went to their line at 7:15 an it was already an hour wait. Came back during the first parade and it was an hour. Tried again at 11 and they had already closed the line for the night. It was disappointing since we walked around for ToT after and many lines for characters still had people joining, even up until 11:45. Not sure if they were going to keep them later due to the rain.
I also had some confusion with CMs not knowing where things were. We were told by 2 that Donald and daisy were not meeting in outfits. Very late, we saw them. Also, no one knew where the magic shots were.
We had a great time though and it was fantastic to be there and see what we did. Would definitely do it again!!!
1981-2000: multiple trips at Fort Wilderness; 2002: girls only trip at All Star Movies; 2005: All Star Music; 2006: Pop Century; 2007: DisneyLand!; 2008: Pop Century and Bonnet Creek; 2010: offsite; 2010: Caribbean Beach; 2011: Bonnet Creek; 2012: so many! Love having business trips to Florida! (5 times so far!). 2013: DVC with the whole family!!
bryannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #62
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
If you get in queue too early you may end up not seeing the princes. We were told they arrive at 7pm. However, outside we saw Naveen greeting guests when we arrived. (Around 5pm, I think.)
Naveen is that rare prince that normally meets during the day. That's probably why you saw him.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #63
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post

Naveen is that rare prince that normally meets during the day. That's probably why you saw him.
Really? I feel lucky! We have always had both..
We did not see her last may, but in three trip before we had both!

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #64
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Really? I feel lucky! We have always had both..
We did not see her last may, but in three trip before we had both!
I think you're misunderstanding. What Mesaboy meant is that Naveen is one of the few princes that meets on a regular basis outside the parties; not that he's a rare character. The other prince that meets regularly outside the party is Aladdin. Prince Philip, Prince Charming, Snow White's Prince, and Flynn Rider only meet during the parties, so they're the rare characters. Prince Eric met regularly with Ariel while her grotto was being constructed, but now he's disappeared from M&Gs as well.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #65
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettJD View Post
Our plan is to skip Jack and Sally-- I can't justify using that much part time to meet 2 characters, as rare as they may be.

We have a pretty solid plan in place for the party. Our must do characters are the princesses w/princes, the Pooh gang, Alice/Hatter, and Tiana/Naveen. We want to also meet Gaston and Belle before the party and take about a billion pictures in new Fantasyland since my wife will be dressed as village Belle. Our current plan is something like this:

Arrive and get in at 4:00 pm
Meet Storybook Circus characters
Meet Gaston/take pictures in New Fantasyland
Enchanted Tales W/Belle (we have a FP+ for 5-6 pm)
Get in line for Rapunzel/Flynn for start of party
Pooh Characters
Alice/Hatter
Villians show at 8:50 followed by Celebrate the Magic and Hallowishes
Tiana/Naveen
2nd Boo To You Parade
Trick or treating/Adventureland characters/whatnot

Hopefully this is doable. :-)
The only thing you'll want to keep an eye on is the meeting times for Gaston. Depending on how long it takes you to get through the Storybook Circus characters, you might miss him before the party.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #66
williamscm3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denneg

This scares me, DS is obsessed with Jack Sparrow and wants to be in line for him first like we did last year. We were 5th in line list year and had no problems, but there is no way I paid to stand in line for half the party for one person! Hoping someone has some more info. OP, what party was this? Was the weather bad?
It was the party on 9/20 and weather was great! I don't know what the problem was but we did waste a lot of time there which I now regret
williamscm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #67
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowntoflorida View Post
I think you're misunderstanding. What Mesaboy meant is that Naveen is one of the few princes that meets on a regular basis outside the parties; not that he's a rare character. The other prince that meets regularly outside the party is Aladdin. Prince Philip, Prince Charming, Snow White's Prince, and Flynn Rider only meet during the parties, so they're the rare characters. Prince Eric met regularly with Ariel while her grotto was being constructed, but now he's disappeared from M&Gs as well.

Thanks for explaining it perfectly!
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #68
williamscm3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyjunkie11

We had that issue at the 9/20 party. I was quite annoyed and gave up. I am kicking myself now for wasting so much party time in that area of the park.
Yep we were at the 9/20 party...hopefully this won't be a common thing for everyone else's sake. I do regret the amount of time we wasted but my son really did want to meet him:/ what was even worse was seeing him around 10:45 or so and being told his line was cut off. The CM's said he would be out till 11:30 when we inquired about him at 8:15 and he still wasn't out
williamscm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #69
surferdave
Not hero DIS deserves, but the hero DIS needs right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post

Thanks for explaining it perfectly!
You described pretty well how he's rarely a rare prince. Little surprise that you were rarely understood.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #70
GarrettJD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowntoflorida View Post
The only thing you'll want to keep an eye on is the meeting times for Gaston. Depending on how long it takes you to get through the Storybook Circus characters, you might miss him before the party.
Yes, we were thinking that also. Gaston's last meet before the party starts at 4:50 pm, and he's a higher priority for us, so we're going to be flexible.
12/84 (offsite), 6/03 (ASMu), 6/04, 6/05, 7/06, 6/07, 12/07 (POP), 6/08 (offsite), 12/09 (POP), 6/10 (Disney Wonder, AKL), 11/10 (POP), 6/11 (POFQ), 12/11, 6/12, 12/12 (POP), 5/13 (POR), 10/13 (POP, Disney Dream)
GarrettJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #71
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Fp+

Is there FP+ seating for the Boo to You Parade or Hallow Wishes FW? I have yet to link my party tickets to the MDE system so do not know for sure.

If not, is it easy enough to get a good spot for these events on a Monday night party?

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #72
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
Is there FP+ seating for the Boo to You Parade or Hallow Wishes FW? I have yet to link my party tickets to the MDE system so do not know for sure. If not, is it easy enough to get a good spot for these events on a Monday night party? Thanks, Sydnerella's Mama
No.

If busy. Get a spot early. If not 45 should be fine but it seems like most of the year anymore people camp out for hrs for the curbs. It's nuts I think.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanksgiving week at AKV's with my family and parents!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #73
charmed1212
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Fairytale Hall was smaller than I imagined, but the attention to detail was as fabulous as I had expected after seeing video of it. When we arrived the sign outside said 15 minutes for Cinderella and Aurora and 25 minutes for Rapunzel and Snow White. Those times were not exactly accurate. We waited 25 minutes in the area that had portraits of the princesses on the walls. Then we were ushered to the room where the princesses were. We waited another 15 minutes there. If you get in queue too early you may end up not seeing the princes. We were told they arrive at 7pm. However, outside we saw Naveen greeting guests when we arrived. (Around 5pm, I think.) ToT was very important to DS, so we did the Splash Mt trail as soon as the party started, then we moved on to the POTC ToT stop, then Tiki Room, then River Boat stop, Peter Pan stop, then Pinocchio house stop. THEN we got in line for the princesses. It took us less than an hour to do all those stops and get in line for the princesses. I had looked at my watch at 6:55 when we were standing parallel to Aurora's portrait in Fairytale Hall.
Thank you! I didn't even think about the fact that they would continue to meet during normal hours without the princes. I will shoot to be there closer to 7.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #74
jana616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed1212 View Post
Thank you! I didn't even think about the fact that they would continue to meet during normal hours without the princes. I will shoot to be there closer to 7.
I thought I had read that they start a line for party guests who want see prince/princess to wait in before the party starts? Is that true? And if so, what time would you recommend getting in line? We just want to meet Rapunzel and Flynn and whoever else is with them (Snow White?), but want to use as little party time as possible.

2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #75
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La

Does anyone know if they offer like a "party only" photopass special (wishful thinking probably)? I'm only down for one night and won't be spending almost $200 for photography from 8 hours of park time.
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: