Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #16
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Villians Mix and Mingle

Does anyone know if all the villians have a photopass photographer? We were disappointed last year when we lined up for the Queen of Hearts and there was not a photographer.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
PamelaKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:30 AM   #17
hbisch
Earning My Ears

I'm leaving in a couple hours to drive up to Orlando for the party tonight... *sigh* in the rain

If it's pouring (haha - if - a girl can hope) are there fallback locations for the characters that are located outdoors? Or do those characters just not appear when it's raining? My plan for tonight is supposed to be non-stop characters... I was at the 9/13 party and did rides/parade/fireworks, but not one character because I knew I was going to a second party...

I guess I'll be rockin' my 'Snow White as a drowned rat' look tonight!!
hbisch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #18
ADVentive
Earning My Ears

I am supposed to go tonight and am also concerned about the rain. Mostly because I don't want our costumes to be just covered up by ponchos! I was thinking of bringing umbrellas instead of ponchos for this reason. Good or bad idea? Also, where to buy any "different" Disney umbrellas besides the one single design we've found so far at the gift shops. Am I missing something?

ADVentive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #19
Raya
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Does anyone know if all the villians have a photopass photographer? We were disappointed last year when we lined up for the Queen of Hearts and there was not a photographer.
Each of the villains has their own photographer this year. They give you a few seconds of conversation and then snap the shot.
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #20
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlenhum View Post
Any recent party goers that can fill us in on Jack & Sally. What time did you get in line and what time did you see them?
I am also keeping my eye out on this. We are considering dropping our 4:40 BoG ADR so that we can get on line earlier if need be. J&S is my DWs absolute must do at the party.

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR / 2014- Disney Fantasy (Western)
OhThePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #21
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World

so we're going to the party tonight (9/24) and it's STILL raining. what do they do differently when the weather is terrible like this? We were planning to do characters, parade and fireworks, trick or treating, no rides. I am disappointed that I spent all that money on party tix if everything is cancelled.
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
cheerful chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #22
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
so we're going to the party tonight (9/24) and it's STILL raining. what do they do differently when the weather is terrible like this? We were planning to do characters, parade and fireworks, trick or treating, no rides. I am disappointed that I spent all that money on party tix if everything is cancelled.
Characters move inside or may not appear out for meet and greets. The Headless Horseman won't ride in the rain. The parade might be cancelled or changed. HalloWishes might occur later (they usually do these even if they have to postpone this. Rain doesn't really effect the fireworks but wind does)

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #23
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Here is the official information about dates and prices:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3105119

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #16, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #24
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogp View Post
Does anyone know how this works during the party? Are there set times the show will be performed? About how long does this last? Crowds for it? Thanx.
It is no different at the parties than it is during the day. It runs continuously. It lasts about 20 minutes. Our experience last year at MVMCP was that if you went later in the evening the line was very short- much shorter than during the day. I think we waited 10 minutes maybe.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #25
LES91
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
We attended a party last year that had downpours and lots of lightning until 10pm. They cancelled the villain's shows, 1st parade and the fireworks were pushed out to 10:15pm. Things let up a little around 8:30 and some characters and most trick or treating locations were open (although there was still lightning visible).
We left around 10:45pm because DD3 was exhausted. At that time, there was a HUGE line of people (at least 100+) for guest services that wrapped all around the train station square over to town theater. I'm guessing the park closed before they could all get through the line. We had plans to be back the next morning for our final day of the trip. We inquired at guest services about the severe storms and the party. They offered us tickets to another party that season or good for up to one year. Neither was an option for us so they refunded the full price of our tickets. This was an unusual night of severe weather so that is probably why. Hoping it doesn't happen for your party, but I would not recommend standing in a 2hr guest service line. Some CM's were saying you could see guest services at your hotel and in our case we waited until the next morning. GOOD LUCK!
LES91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #26
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
Each of the villains has their own photographer this year. They give you a few seconds of conversation and then snap the shot.
Awesome!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #27
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Wow a new thread already. We go October 31st and I cannot wait.
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #28
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LES91 View Post
We attended a party last year that had downpours and lots of lightning until 10pm. They cancelled the villain's shows, 1st parade and the fireworks were pushed out to 10:15pm. Things let up a little around 8:30 and some characters and most trick or treating locations were open (although there was still lightning visible).
We left around 10:45pm because DD3 was exhausted. At that time, there was a HUGE line of people (at least 100+) for guest services that wrapped all around the train station square over to town theater. I'm guessing the park closed before they could all get through the line. We had plans to be back the next morning for our final day of the trip. We inquired at guest services about the severe storms and the party. They offered us tickets to another party that season or good for up to one year. Neither was an option for us so they refunded the full price of our tickets. This was an unusual night of severe weather so that is probably why. Hoping it doesn't happen for your party, but I would not recommend standing in a 2hr guest service line. Some CM's were saying you could see guest services at your hotel and in our case we waited until the next morning. GOOD LUCK!
That's good to know they compensated you. I am not too worried about rain because Disney does understand and will make it right (well, as right as they can).

We got stuck on splash mountain for an hour during a party a couple years ago and they finally got us out and just ushered us to the park. I couldn't believe there was nothing that they did! I went to guest services because I felt for the money we paid for a 5 hour party, we lost 20% of our time due to this. They compensated us with 12 fastpasses to any fastpass attraction at any park (we had 4 in our party so 3 fp each). We all agreed that this made up for the lost hour since our main goal was to go on the rides - not see characters. They understood what it meant for us and compensated us in a way that satisfied us - and frankly, it didn't 'cost' them anything. So it was a win-win. Now I don't worry about things happening at a party because I know they will work with me.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #29
Fsudisney
Mouseketeer

Can someone post a quick link to where I can find character meet locations? I know I have seen it many times in the other thread and now that I need it I can't find it! Thanks in advance!

Fsudisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #30
left210
DIS Veteran

Is there a posting somewhere that shows a list of order to get in line for character meets? We are not interested in Jack & Sally but would like to get Seven Dwarves and Jack Sparrow.
left210 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: