Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #46
bicmize
Ready for Key West

Thanks! I just downloaded it. But it says use the wifi I didn't think Disney had wifi?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #47
seidelhd
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great review. I'm looking forward to using it on our Fantasy cruise next summer.

seidelhd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #48
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicmize View Post
Thanks! I just downloaded it. But it says use the wifi I didn't think Disney had wifi?
All the Disney ships have had wifi for several years now.

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Donald_Quackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #49
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

def works for android phones/devices.

i just went to the play store, searched disney fantasy navigator, up it popped, download & install within 20 seconds.

now i have it on my phone in preparation for my cruise in 3 weeks
Old 09-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #50
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
were you able to get it on your android tablet? i have it on my ipad and its full screen once i hit the 2x button.
I haven't had a chance to try yet. Seems like everything in out house that could possibly break has chosen this week to do so. Don't these inanimate objects know that I'm going on a cruise this Sat? I don't have time for broken faucets, gas grills that don't want to grill, ATM cards lost in the mail, I could go on and on here but I won't, I have a cruise to get ready for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
def works for android phones/devices.

i just went to the play store, searched disney fantasy navigator, up it popped, download & install within 20 seconds.

now i have it on my phone in preparation for my cruise in 3 weeks
Good to know this. Maybe I should get off the DIS and get this app installed. If I don't get it done, I'll make it work using my iphone. It would be nice, though, to have the app tablet sized. Way easier for me to read.

UPDATE - Got motivated, went to play store right after I posted here and got it installed. It was as easy as alicia1506 said it was. Guess my tablet gets to go on it's first cruise!

Last edited by perfectmatch300; 09-27-2013 at 01:04 AM. Reason: UPDATE
perfectmatch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:00 AM   #51
mickey9170
In Disney Again!

Awesome!

We were on the Fantasy 9/7-14 and at first I couldn't get the app to work. Once I finally got it going, it was great to just pull up what you might be looking for. One of our friends thought that it should have the capacity to set reminders for things, such as a show or some other on board activity and that it would let you know when the time was drawing near...Or maybe a way to set your favorites would have been nice.

First trip to WDW 1999; too many to count since...
First Cruise on The Wonder 2010...

Upcoming - BFF Family Vacation October 2014 F&WF
- Dummy Cruise in 2015 - Western Caribbean ??

Most recent - HONEYMOON!! 5-Nights at BLT & Disney's Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruise 9/7-14/2013

ARE WE THERE YET?
mickey9170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #52
DIScover
Jack of All; Master of None

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
UPDATE - Got motivated, went to play store right after I posted here and got it installed. It was as easy as alicia1506 said it was. Guess my tablet gets to go on it's first cruise!
Your UPDATE was funny. I am happy for your tablet; getting to go on its first cruise. I am also happy for all electronic gizmos that get to take cruises and be useful to their owners. "Kinda-like" Andy's toys; right?

DIScover
DIScover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #53
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey9170 View Post
We were on the Fantasy 9/7-14 and at first I couldn't get the app to work. Once I finally got it going, it was great to just pull up what you might be looking for. One of our friends thought that it should have the capacity to set reminders for things, such as a show or some other on board activity and that it would let you know when the time was drawing near...Or maybe a way to set your favorites would have been nice.

There should be a little 'heart' on the navigator events, that allows you to set which events you want to see. (That's according to my BIL)

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Donald_Quackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #54
Coldflame
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post
There should be a little 'heart' on the navigator events, that allows you to set which events you want to see. (That's according to my BIL)
There is. But there isn't a way to see all the "hearted" events you've chosen for a given day all in one view. At least not as of the version I used last week.
Coldflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #55
Coldflame
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIScover View Post
Your UPDATE was funny. I am happy for your tablet; getting to go on its first cruise. I am also happy for all electronic gizmos that get to take cruises and be useful to their owners. "Kinda-like" Andy's toys; right?

DIScover
Totally unfair reference! Now I will have it bring my electronics to our cruises lest I want their anthropomorphized personalities gnaw at my conscience.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #56
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIScover View Post
Another observation I recently made (couple of nights ago) was the seamless look and feel to the Disney World mobile app. Well duh, it would stand to reason that the apps (Disney Cruise and Disney World) would look and feel the same. I sometimes get desensitized to “All Things Disney” because we live so close, and we visit on a regular basis. If you have used the WDW mobile app then you should know what to expect from the DCL app.
Wanted to clarify: DCL is NOT Disney owned, but rather like the Magical Express it is owned by another company and contracted through Disney. Thus, though Disney has a lot of say, we cannot/should not automatically expect things to be the same as they are when owned by Disney. Just sayin ...

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #57
Coldflame
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ofUs View Post
Wanted to clarify: DCL is NOT Disney owned, but rather like the Magical Express it is owned by another company and contracted through Disney. Thus, though Disney has a lot of say, we cannot/should not automatically expect things to be the same as they are when owned by Disney. Just sayin ...
That perhaps was the case on its inception. But DCL currently is partly-owned subsidiary of Disney. So, Disney does own DCL, it's not just under contract.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #58
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Hmmm... the gentleman I spoke with at DCL last week was the one who told me this as he used to work for Disney at WDW but left and went to work for DCL. He actually gave me the name of the company that employees him, which I won't share per his request. According to him, they operate 'under the Disney umbrella' but were not owned by Disney. Perhaps what he meant was not 'a wholly owned subsidiary'? That would fit with your statement as well.

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #59
torontodisneyfan
Little known fact: Mickey is Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldflame View Post

I hear what you are saying but I only asked because the term "wifi" has come to mean so much more. Seeing a sign inside Starbucks or any number of other businesses that says "Free Wifi" means free internet access, not free access to our intranet-like content.

On another note... Amazing thread! So much great info!
DCL: 8 day The Fantasy-E Caribbean May 2012, 8 day The Fantasy-W Caribbean May 2013,8 day The Fantasy-W Caribbean (incl Jamaica) May 2014

torontodisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #60
Coldflame
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontodisneyfan View Post
I hear what you are saying but I only asked because the term "wifi" has come to mean so much more. Seeing a sign inside Starbucks or any number of other businesses that says "Free Wifi" means free internet access, not free access to our intranet-like content.

On another note... Amazing thread! So much great info!
I wholeheartedly agree that the marketing folks have made Wi-Fi be synonymous with Internet acess, but as explained in that thread it's not necessarily true, which I think it's why there's so much confusion about it and I'm trying, in a small measure, educate folks about the underlying technology and dispell the misconception.

Tags
app, ipad, iphone, mobile, navigator

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: