Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #46
larina
DIS Veteran

When they measure at Disneyland, kids have to put their hands at rhier sides.
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #47
goob
Earning My Ears

My DD has a pair of nikes with the shocks on the heels which add about an inch or so to the shoe not including the sole itself - total they add about 1.5" of height.

I'm wondering how many people have actually SEEN (not just heard of) CM's asking children to remove their shoes when being measured?
goob is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #48
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goob View Post
I'm wondering how many people have actually SEEN (not just heard of) CM's asking children to remove their shoes when being measured?
I have. Several times.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #49
goob
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
I have. Several times.
Good to know! We'll leave those at home to avoid the hassle.
goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #50
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
My DD has a pair of nikes with the shocks on the heels which add about an inch or so to the shoe not including the sole itself - total they add about 1.5" of height.

Quote:
Good to know! We'll leave those at home to avoid the hassle.
I have as well, probably a good choice to leave them at home. Have fun on your trip!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:53 AM   #51
Amommy21
Mouseketeer

With and inch to go she won't be riding. Prepare her now, don't set her up for dissapointment. My son is small for his age and it's just part of the deal. it's made each and every ride at Disney be a special rite of passage.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #52
twinspirit
Mouseketeer

In the end, we never bother with IJ. We didnt want to disappoint anyone. On CS, she was too short so I stayed with her and did the swings and TS, but I never did get my chance to ride CS. The family rode it again on a different day, so again I stayed with DD. The family didn't mean to leave me out, they just didn't think of MOM in all their excitement. From that point, I just kind of encouraged skipping any rides that DD was too short. It worked well, no one even complained or suggested different. But mom is bummed to have missed out on CS eh well.
twinspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #53
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinspirit
In the end, we never bother with IJ. We didnt want to disappoint anyone. On CS, she was too short so I stayed with her and did the swings and TS, but I never did get my chance to ride CS. The family rode it again on a different day, so again I stayed with DD. The family didn't mean to leave me out, they just didn't think of MOM in all their excitement. From that point, I just kind of encouraged skipping any rides that DD was too short. It worked well, no one even complained or suggested different. But mom is bummed to have missed out on CS eh well.
Sounds like you had a good approach to make sure no kids walked away disappointed. I'm sad, however, to hear that YOU walked away a little disappointed. The "big kids" need their fun too. Sounds to me like another trip is needed --- and soon!

Hope you had a good trip overall.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #54
Albytaps
Mickey's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinspirit View Post
Don't they have the rider swap at DLR? WDW has a ride swap that works like a FP. When your family goes to the entrance, you get the ride swap ticket and wait for your family to get out so then you can get in... and you can take 2 other people with you.

I like the way Universal in Florida works. Your whole family gets on the line, then when you're about to ride you and your little one/s go into a separate room that sometimes even has a TV for you to watch while you wait. Then when your family gets off the ride, you get on immediately. It's an amazing system that Disney should adapt.

WE LOVE DISNEY

Me DW DD DD DD DD

Albytaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #55
bbeagle
Mouseketeer

What about like this?

bbeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #56
wwwosie
Mom by Day - Disney Freak by Night

When my son was 5, he was tall enough to go on Indy, but he refused and there was NO LINE!!! The ride had just opened a few months before. Since it was just he and I at the park, I told him that if he rode with me, I would buy him a wooden rifle when we got out. He reluctantly went in; when we came out he wanted to go AGAIN!!! I still bought him the rifle.
wwwosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #57
virgilatmit
Mouseketeer

If your kids are just under he height limits of some of the popular rides, the CMs will give you a front of the line pass (good for the child and 5 others) when they come back and are tall enough. I have front of the line passes for Star Tours, the Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, and Soarin'.
virgilatmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #58
thankudrivethru
Mouseketeer

The ideas that the Op has suggested sound a bit dangerous. There is safety rules for a reason.

Have you heard of Rider Swap?

Last edited by thankudrivethru; 10-07-2013 at 05:13 PM.
thankudrivethru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #59
thankudrivethru
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgilatmit View Post
If your kids are just under he height limits of some of the popular rides, the CMs will give you a front of the line pass (good for the child and 5 others) when they come back and are tall enough. I have front of the line passes for Star Tours, the Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, and Soarin'.

I have never heard of such thing for Disneyland.

Last edited by thankudrivethru; 10-07-2013 at 05:13 PM.
thankudrivethru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #60
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankudrivethru View Post
I have never heard of such thing for Disneyland.
They do exist, but they are given at the CM's discretion. There have been plenty of times we haven't gotten them, but DS has gotten them twice, for Jumpin' Jellyfish and more recently for Goofy's Sky School. One of my daughters got one for Star Tours. Here is the one for GSS. They stamp them once you redeem it, but we've been allowed to keep it for a souvenir.

Upcoming: Oct 16-19 (DLH); Nov 19-25 (GCH)

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12

DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: