Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
twinspirit
Mouseketeer

An inch away....

DD6 is one inch too short for Indiana Jones. What are the chances that her runners would give her that extra she needs vs sandals? Maybe with a folded napkin in the heel? haaha

First ever Disney trip Sept 19-28 2013 8O
twinspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:14 AM   #2
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinspirit View Post
DD6 is one inch too short for Indiana Jones. What are the chances that her runners would give her that extra she needs vs sandals? Maybe with a folded napkin in the heel? haaha First ever Disney trip Sept 19-28 2013 8O
Not to burst your bubble but there is a big possibility she will not be allowed to ride. Even with taller sneakers or napkins (CMs will probably realize something is in the shoe if it is an inch) she probably won't measure up because our body shrinks across the day due to gravity.

An inch is quite a bit to make up in just a few days. It is better to use your time preparing for the fact she probably won't get to ride instead of trying to get around the safety rules.
wilkeliza is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
OregonMinnie
Mouseketeer

Maybe I'm overly protective, but I tend to air on the side of caution. They've done numerous tests to determine the correct height for each ride, and there's a reason for that height. It is a really jerky jerky ride, so I would just prepare her for the fact that she isn't quite tall enough this trip.

I know when they have their heart set on going on a ride and can't, how tempting it is to find a way, but I wouldn't do it. She will still have a fantastic time!

Traci (43) DH(43) DD (11)

5/04 Staybridge Suites 4 days
10/06 Homewood Suites5 days
10/09 BWPPI 7 days
10/11 Desert Inn & Suites 7 days
10/13 Desert Inn OR Tropicana 7 days
OregonMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:22 AM   #4
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

She might grow enough to make the grade, by the time your trip arrives. If not, then you can always experiment with anything from her wearing thick layers of socks and added insoles to her keds to adding foam inserts into her little shoes.

No......really. It is just a thought.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #5
old lady
DIS Veteran

Maybe it is not safe to do so, but she might pass if she had boots. I wouldn't recommend this for a rollercoaster though.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #6
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

An inch is a lot. Please don't do it. Indy will almost certainly be there the next time you visit CA.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #7
Minuet888
DIS Veteran

as a mentioned in another thread Indiana Jones can be a dangerous ride for youngsters
Once I saw a young kid go around a sharp turn and almost fly out of the car the mother grabbed the jacket of the kid.
Please don't risk it, your child isn't worth a ride on Indiana Jones
Minuet888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:18 AM   #8
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

I know for a 6 year old not getting to ride an attraction they are wanting to is very disappointing. I have to say that Indy is a very jerky, come what may ride. I think as a parent I would be very happy that height issue would keep my child from riding it for a while longer. I remember one trip where after I got off I realized I was very sore. I did not look at my arm or thigh until later in day and saw that I some how had gotten bruised. I enjoyed the ride and would probably try it again if it was not a life issue that I keep my stomach area stress free. Next year make a huge deal that DD can now ride if she wishes.

At the end of the day I hope you have a wonderful time.
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #9
twinspirit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post

Not to burst your bubble but there is a big possibility she will not be allowed to ride. Even with taller sneakers or napkins (CMs will probably realize something is in the shoe if it is an inch) she probably won't measure up because our body shrinks across the day due to gravity.

An inch is quite a bit to make up in just a few days. It is better to use your time preparing for the fact she probably won't get to ride instead of trying to get around the safety rules.
Nope, we want to respect all the rules. No worries there. We make sure we teach the right values to our kids
Sounds like a painful ride! Good excuse to say 'pass!' DD and I can check out the shopping there instead.

Last edited by twinspirit; 09-23-2013 at 01:27 AM.
twinspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #10
Cheshirecatty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinspirit View Post
Nope, we want to respect all the rules. No worries there. We make sure we teach the right values to our kids
Sounds like a painful ride! Good excuse to say 'pass!' DD and I can check out the shopping there instead.

twinspirit-----You have a great attitude!!! Kudos to you for following the rules!

And just my opinion....the shopping is lots of fun in Adventureland!

We always find one or two things we "need" when we wander those shops!

Have Fun!
Cheshirecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

My DS5 was just barely not tall enough last visit, DH said they could slide a paper through between his head and the marker. They wouldn't let him ride, and we were ok with it. We use it now as an excuse to eat his veggies at dinner....do you want to be tall enough to ride Indy? Gotta eat your veggies! LOL.
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #12
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

When my dd (who is now 13) was younger, she was just a tad too short for Indy. She put on shoes with higher soles the next day and she was allowed on, though they checked her about 4 times between the entrance and the loading station. Guess what? She didn't like the ride. She wasn't ready for it yet. She loved SM, Splash, etc but Indy was too jarring and spooky for her. I learned my lesson from that! You are smarter than I was.

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #13
WTFetus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMinnie View Post
Maybe I'm overly protective, but I tend to air on the side of caution. They've done numerous tests to determine the correct height for each ride, and there's a reason for that height. It is a really jerky jerky ride, so I would just prepare her for the fact that she isn't quite tall enough this trip.

I know when they have their heart set on going on a ride and can't, how tempting it is to find a way, but I wouldn't do it. She will still have a fantastic time!
I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't say that if a minimum height is 48 inches, you'll be in danger if you're 47 inches. I'm pretty sure Disney is aware that there are people who try to sneak past the height limit/take into account CM error, and therefore set the minimum to be higher than it actually is.
WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #14
rainyday77
Mouseketeer

Skechers makes tall toes shoes that add an inch which is hidden in the boot but they are around $60 or $70. However, I think they might be uncomfortable for all the walking. I have found that even when my daughter is tall enough she is light and moves around on some of the jerkier rides. I put her on the inside (ESP. With Indy and big thunder) and put my arm around her.
rainyday77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #15
Here4mydisneyfix
Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will remember the Rose forever...

Our almost 3 year old is just under 40" barefoot. (She turns 3 AT Disneyland on our 2nd to last day! We are going to do Minnie's for Bfast on her special day and she keeps telling EVERYONE everywhere we go that she is going to eat with Minnie mouse on her "Birfday!" Sooo cute!) We thought for sure she won't make it on the 40" rides, but when we put her shoes on and remeasure, she is over 40"! These are just normal Nike's, but I realized they have a 1.5" sole! They don't look tall or anything though, they look just like all Nike's do, so regular tennis shoes instead of flip flops or other flat shoes might just do the trick for you too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: