Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #676
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningGhost25 View Post
I am one of those people that think FP should only be eligible to resort guests. Not looking to rile anyone up, it's just my opinion. I happen to like the way Universal handles this.
The problem with this is Universal only have a couple of resort that this perk is offered to. Disney has tons more resort guest. At Universal those resort guest affect the off-property guest much less compared to if Disney did the same. These theme parks need to keep off-site guest happy too. They need their money too.
mom2mickeyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #677
BridgetBordeaux
DIS Veteran

Visited the World Oct 17-20 and was able to double dip. It will be interesting to see what happens in Nov and Dec as it sounds like MB testing will continue for a bit longer.
POP Dec 2009, June/Sept 2010, June/Sept 2011, May/Sept 2012, May/Sept 2013, May/Sept 2014
BridgetBordeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #678
GrimGrinningGhost25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
I bolded the part of your post that made me feel Do you have any idea how many locals never stay at the resorts and do hold APs ? Considering that, it doesn't make much sense to me what you said

For the record, we all are entitled to our opinion and you didn't rile me up Just seems like a totally unfair thing if only open to resort guests locals pour a LOT of revenue into Disney
Maybe I should clarify:

My feeling is that it should be different for the different types of tickets holders at Disney. AP, resort guests, offsite guests..ect. I think that this is a testing phase and things may change. I think that maybe this isn't a "one size fits all".

To the OP that commented on Universal resort guests/paying for front of line: Even though Disney has many more resorts, making it exclusive to resort guests/AP holders only would significantly cut down on the amount of people using the system.

You're never going to make everyone happy, but for those people complaining about the crowds and the waits and having to book FP+...closing it down to resort guests/AP holders or asking people to pay for it will make a big difference. But I don't think many people would be happy with that either.

"My dearest friend, if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars and sit together, now and forever. For it is plain as anyone can see we're simply meant to be" - Jack & Sally

April '90 (offsite), Oct 2006 (AS Sport), Dec 2009 (POR), Sept 2010 (PC), May 2011 (BLT), Feb 2012 (BW), June 2012 (SSR), Jan 2013 - Our Wedding~Simply meant to be~(BWV), Nov 2013 (BC)
GrimGrinningGhost25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #679
KimK2006
DIS Veteran

Linking UT tickets

I have read this whole thread and have had a lot of my questions answered. Here are some things I am fuzzy on. Any clarification would be appreciated!

1. I have to link my UT tickets to MDE to get FP+'s. Correct?
2. I am not sure how many days are on each of our old UT NE ticket. If I link the ticket to MDE, will the number of days show up?
3. I am not going until 6/1. How far out can I pick my FP rides? Or, is that not known yet since it is still in the testing phase?
4. If they make it where you can't "double dip", I would prefer to do FP- as we arrive at RD and are able to usually get more than 3 FP's a day. I think I read where you could opt out of FP+. Is that correct?

This is all SO confusing!! Thanks in advance for your help!
February, 2013 - ASMo (Cheer Nationals) November, 2011 - YC May, 2010 - POFQ November, 2008 - CBR May/June, 2008 - POFQ May/June, 2007 - CSR October, 2006 - POFQ July, 2006 - Disney Wonder October, 2005 - POFQ November, 2004 - CR May/June, 2004 - WL June, 2003 - AKL October, 2002 - WL October, 2001 - CBR May, 2000 - ASMo May, 1999 - ASMo April, 1998 - POR

KimK2006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: