Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #631
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ametista
Well, as one of the grunts who didn't get FP+ it isn't really fair if you guys get both. Just sayin'. I am pretty grumpy that I don't get FP+.
Actually it IS fair considering two separate cast members have told us to make SURE we get the KTTW cards so we can get regular fast passes as well. You can bet your bottom dollar we'll be doing just that in 19 days!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #632
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Corinne

Well if wouldn't be fair to the FP+ testers if we were limited to 3 FP+ per day per park while everyone else was able to grab as many paper FP as they wanted, now would it?
Thank you!!!

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #633
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaDee

This entire site should have #firstworldproblems as a title.
Touche

Old 10-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #634
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigNewton
I didn't get that little bit of something extra that the other person got! It's not fair! Everyone's experience should be exactly the same all the time! Those kids got to ride the tea cups with Alice and my kid didn't! It's not fair! That couple at check in just got a complimentary upgrade and I didn't! I want the same treatment! Blah blah blah whine whine whine.
Entitlement, entitlement, entitlement!

Old 10-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #635
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86

People will think of something! I promise!
Ha! So very true!

Old 10-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #636
andee515
Mouseketeer

2 questions...

1) are they routinely still giving KTTW cards when magic bands are issued, or do you need to request them?

2) Does anyone know if party tickets work to get FP, I know the FP system isn't utilized during party, but I didn't know if those would work to get FP, like the old KTTW cards? We are going to both MNSSHP and MVMCP

[/url].com/ticker/][/url]
andee515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #637
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by andee515 View Post
2 questions... 1) are they routinely still giving KTTW cards when magic bands are issued, or do you need to request them? 2) Does anyone know if party tickets work to get FP, I know the FP system isn't utilized during party, but I didn't know if those would work to get FP, like the old KTTW cards? We are going to both MNSSHP and MVMCP
1- yes they are giving you KTTW cards upon checkin.

2-yes you can do FP+ reservation with party tightly linked from 4-7 but not recommended to do that as it will or could use a reg park ticket day if you also have that linked..
Old 10-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #638
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ametista View Post
Well, as one of the grunts who didn't get FP+ it isn't really fair if you guys get both. Just sayin'. I am pretty grumpy that I don't get FP+.
Basically, if you weren't selected to test the MB, then you'd just get regular KTTW cards, and you'd be getting as many paper FP as you wanted, so are you implying that it would be MORE fair if the people who were selected to test the MB, be limited to the 3 FP+ while everyone else can just get as many as they want? So it's basically not fair that THEY were selected to test the MB and get to pick FP+ and you weren't is really the measure of "unfair" that you were alluding to!

Old 10-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #639
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post
Basically, if you weren't selected to test the MB, then you'd just get regular KTTW cards, and you'd be getting as many paper FP as you wanted, so are you implying that it would be MORE fair if the people who were selected to test the MB, be limited to the 3 FP+ while everyone else can just get as many as they want? So it's basically not fair that THEY were selected to test the MB and get to pick FP+ and you weren't is really the measure of "unfair" that you were alluding to!
That's exactly why they are still letting it happen. If they only limited MG testers to 3 FP per day, nobody would participate in the testing.

To put up with the potential headaches of the research, online linking, possible problems at the parks, paying for meals, etc., they gave testers a benefit not available to those not in testing. They had to make it "unfair" for those testing, otherwise, nobody would test.

LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #640
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

when we were there over the TOT 10-miler weekend, we didn't feel we needed legacy FPs at all. the crowds were very light during our MK days. AK was somewhat crowded, but we were only there during the morning (because the race was that night). Epcot was somewhat crowded on Monday and we probably should've pulled legacy FPs for Test Track, but i wasn't sure what time we'd be coming back through Future World.

now, if we had been there during a busy time, then the three limit would've been a pain. i really am hoping that they up the amount once this goes live.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #641
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmit4 View Post
All those complaining about being a 'grunt' and not getting FP+ please explain how it's fair for us FP+ people to get only 3 FPs and NOTHING else and only at ONE park??? While you run around like we all did with FP- getting FPs at multiple parks and perhaps even 6 or 7 in a day?

Disney is letting us 'lucky' people use FP-....because we don't get to opt out and go with FP-. WHO in their right mind would CHOOSE to be a tester with only 3FPs in 1 park?! NO way would I agree to that.

Us DISers know how to 'do' the parks and 3FPs isn't gonna cut it---especially when the 'grunts' are running around enjoying FP-.

We may soon find out that 3 FPs is IT no matter what happens. But until then- we need to at least keep things on a more level playing field and being stuck with only 3 FPs while FP- folks run around grabbing them ALL day long is ridiculous.
And those same grunts, getting 6 or 7 in a day in as many parks as they choose, are complaining about us MB FP+ers getting only 3 in one park. This whole entire idea is insane. We booked a trip at POFQ in January of 2013. We found out about 2 weeks ago that we were getting MB. We didn't ask for it. Nor did we plan our trip around it. We booked a trip where we wanted to stay. But the idea that those not selected to receive MB / test FP+ somehow are being put out by the MB / testers, is ridiculous!

Old 10-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #642
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

i hope that EVERYONE takes the survey and puts that three is not enough. i just did my survey and put it down. plus, they include questions asking if three is enough, if you used got more FP+ rides than you have in the past with FP-, etc. everyone needs to take the survey and keep bringing up that three is a ridiculous amount (as is not being able to choose more than one park per day).

let Disney know.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #643
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
i hope that EVERYONE takes the survey and puts that three is not enough. i just did my survey and put it down. plus, they include questions asking if three is enough, if you used got more FP+ rides than you have in the past with FP-, etc. everyone needs to take the survey and keep bringing up that three is a ridiculous amount (as is not being able to choose more than one park per day).

let Disney know.
I never got the survey
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #644
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post
But the idea that those not selected to receive MB / test FP+ somehow are being put out by the MB / testers, is ridiculous!
Not totally. People are pulling FPs with no intention of using them, and pulling FPs for the same rides they have FP + for within close time frames.

No, it isn't abusing the system, but the more people who have FP+ access pulling FP-, it certainly effects FP- availability and return windows.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #645
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
everyone needs to take the survey and keep bringing up that three is a ridiculous amount (as is not being able to choose more than one park per day).
But what if you think three in one park is sufficient?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: