Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #616
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
So, when you're in the park and you've used up your 3 pre-selected FP+ for the day, you can't even get an additional FP+ for the same park using the mobile app? Did you try this and it failed?
Nope. That is how the system is designed ~ 3 FP+ and when you have used them up, standby only for the rest of the day.
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #617
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfarrell View Post
So we have MB and FP+, but how do we get paper FP? Are they still giving a backup KTTW? If so, what if I don't use it to enter the park? Doesn't the FP machine only work when a KTTW was used to enter the park that day?
The FP machines are not checking for the ticket used in the machine - if it was used to enter the park. That has been turned off during this test.
sargenca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #618
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaDee View Post
Nope. That is how the system is designed ~ 3 FP+ and when you have used them up, standby only for the rest of the day.
Thanks. If it still works next week, I'll use my KTTW card to pull paper fast passes. IMO this is a very bad design. Anybody who pays for park hoppers should be able to get FP+ at more than one park, just like they can with the FP-. I hope Disney changes the design before they eliminate the paper fast passes.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #619
mickeysmith
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If it still works next week, I'll use my KTTW card to pull paper fast passes. IMO this is a very bad design. Anybody who pays for park hoppers should be able to get FP+ at more than one park, just like they can with the FP-. I hope Disney changes the design before they eliminate the paper fast passes.
I agree. If I park hop and can only get fast passes at one park, I will be ill. Happy to be in my happy place, but Ill. I will report back while I am there next week. The countdown is on!
Old 10-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #620
akl432
First-time cruiser!

Are really old KTTW cards still working in the FP machines? Say, from 2012 or 2011 or 2010?

If so, that is crazy!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #621
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. If it still works next week, I'll use my KTTW card to pull paper fast passes. IMO this is a very bad design. Anybody who pays for park hoppers should be able to get FP+ at more than one park, just like they can with the FP-. I hope Disney changes the design before they eliminate the paper fast passes.
I am going later this month and I plan on using both my AP and KTTW card to pull fastpasses if/when the FP+ system implodes.
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #622
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
At Epcot right now.

Entered with MB (AP linked to our bands). Was able to use AP cards, current RO cards, and Aug. KTTW cards (with expired tickets on them) for paper FP.
At MK today. Happy to report both old and current cards worked in FP machines.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #623
GrimGrinningGhost25
Mouseketeer

I have a question:

My husband and I both have AP that we have linked to our MB for our 11/2 stay. The cast member I spoke to encouraged us to bring our AP hard tickets so that we could take advantage of the AP discounts if we wanted to.

We have booked 3 FP's a day for the length of our stay.

Will i be able to use my hard AP to book an additional FP? That seems a bit unfair.

We are part of the November FP+ testing and honestly, DH and I really tracked and reviewed our FP selections from past trips and how many we would get per day and we agreed the 3 was on par with our past trips. We also tend to hop a lot and find that we will spend a morning in one park and the evening in another.

Either way we did feel that 3 was perfect for that way we tour parks. Just curious more than anything.
GrimGrinningGhost25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #624
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningGhost25 View Post
I have a question:

My husband and I both have AP that we have linked to our MB for our 11/2 stay. The cast member I spoke to encouraged us to bring our AP hard tickets so that we could take advantage of the AP discounts if we wanted to.

Will i be able to use my hard AP to book an additional FP? That seems a bit unfair.

We are part of the November FP+ testing and honestly, DH and I really tracked and reviewed our FP selections from past trips and how many we would get per day and we agreed the 3 was on par with our past trips. We also tend to hop a lot and find that we will spend a morning in one park and the evening in another.

Either way we did feel that 3 was perfect for that way we tour parks. Just curious more than anything.
[*] You can use MDE to book FP+.[*] The hard AP can also be used in the 'old' way...to pull FPs manually and receive paper ticket return times.

If you only use MDE and FP+, your 3 FPs are for one park only per day. If you think 3 are enough, just know that if you park hop - you will only be able to use FP+ at one park per day.
[*] Everyone can use the old FP system.[*] Testers for MBs can also use FP+.
sargenca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #625
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have a question:

You can't "book" more FP+, but you can use your KTTW/AP to get legacy FP. Why do you think that is unfair?

During this phase, those not testing are able to use legacy FP and have the ability to pull more than 3 FP. What wouldn't be fair is if testers were limited to three while everyone not testing has no limitation.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #626
Dasha Hermosilla
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenca View Post
Not sure if you have tried...but the resort concierge is able to do a LOT with MB issues. They can access your FPs and make changes, can easily copy FPs for others in your party, print out your plans... They can also call IT for you if needed. They just dial an extension and speak to someone right away.
I didn't... We are staying at BLT so we never go by any concierge since we got straight to monorail, bus or walk to MK.
Dasha Hermosilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #627
Dasha Hermosilla
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akl432 View Post
Are really old KTTW cards still working in the FP machines? Say, from 2012 or 2011 or 2010? If so, that is crazy!!!
We accidentally discovered that KTTW cards from at least March 2013 were pulling FP from the machines. It was totally by accident though, I had misplaced my KTTW card and then found it. Turns out it was from March, but it still worked.
Dasha Hermosilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:25 AM   #628
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasha Hermosilla View Post
We accidentally discovered that KTTW cards from at least March 2013 were pulling FP from the machines. It was totally by accident though, I had misplaced my KTTW card and then found it. Turns out it was from March, but it still worked.
Yup resorts of that working have been posted before..
Old 10-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #629
GrimGrinningGhost25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
You can't "book" more FP+, but you can use your KTTW/AP to get legacy FP. Why do you think that is unfair? During this phase, those not testing are able to use legacy FP and have the ability to pull more than 3 FP. What wouldn't be fair is if testers were limited to three while everyone not testing has no limitation.
You're right I hadn't really thought of it that way. I'm thinking like everyone is on the new system and only some people are able to double dip. But then again it will allow you to get two FP during the same window. Ehh...not a big deal to me now that I look at it from a different angle but there may be people that feel it's an unfair advantage.

I do feel the three is good, but it does bother me that a park hopper or AP doesn't get you at least 2 other FP+ reservations at another park. You pay extra to be able to hop, you should get an option to schedule FP+ at another park.

"My dearest friend, if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars and sit together, now and forever. For it is plain as anyone can see we're simply meant to be" - Jack & Sally

April '90 (offsite), Oct 2006 (AS Sport), Dec 2009 (POR), Sept 2010 (PC), May 2011 (BLT), Feb 2012 (BW), June 2012 (SSR), Jan 2013 - Our Wedding~Simply meant to be~(BWV), Nov 2013 (BC)
GrimGrinningGhost25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #630
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
I have a question:

Not sure how it is unfair when people staying off site can pull fast passes all day. Why should I be limited to three when I give Disney more money by staying onsite? I pull way more than 3 FPs a day, and I wouldn't go back if I was really limited to 3, I can't do lines. Now, I have no problem with them limiting advanced FPs to 2 or 3 a day, as long as I could still pull additional FPs the day of as I use them.

I don't think it is right to use old media to pull FPs though. I think you should pull FPs for as many tickets as you actually purchased for use that day. Anything more is essentially stealing slots that other people should have access too. I just wouldn't do it. My old KTTW cards will stay at home, but I intend to use my KTTW cards from this trip to pull as many FPs as I can.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: