Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #601
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasha Hermosilla View Post
Take a dose of patience... I agree that double dipping is expected. We did both today and had a much better day. BUT I now sit on hold with Disney IT b/c I have only 1 FP+ showing up for tomorrow even though I should have 3.... : (
You get any CM comments like you ain't suppose to do that???
Old 10-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #602
Dasha Hermosilla
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo View Post
You get any CM comments like you ain't suppose to do that???
Nope. I have a new outlook on it for us and our trip. It's a test. It is not meant to ruin my trip. I am trying it and have plenty of comments to share, but I am not going to stick to simply FP+ as it would and has adversely impacted our trip. I thought it would be a good thing, but I really didn't think enough about the word "test". Think "beta" versions. There are bugs and they want us to find them, but we don't have to limit ourselves to the system for our trip.

And I did get IT to solve my Epcot problem for tomorrow, but I didn't get the great TT time I had so I had to book something right before dinner (we leave in the afternoon). To be safe, we will be there are rope drop and get regular FP. It's just frustrating to have to call disney IT during my vacation and I basically missed the fireworks at MK since I was on hold for 5 minutes.
Dasha Hermosilla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #603
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nope. I have a new outlook on it for us and our trip. It's a test. It is not meant to ruin my trip. I am trying it and have plenty of comments to share, but I am not going to stick to simply FP+ as it would and has adversely impacted our trip. I thought it would be a good thing, but I really didn't think enough about the word "test". Think "beta" versions. There are bugs and they want us to find them, but we don't have to limit ourselves to the system for our trip. And I did get IT to solve my Epcot problem for tomorrow, but I didn't get the great TT time I had so I had to book something right before dinner (we leave in the afternoon). To be safe, we will be there are rope drop and get regular FP. It's just frustrating to have to call disney IT during my vacation and I basically missed the fireworks at MK since I was on hold for 5 minutes.
Good have a great rest of your trip enjoy...
Old 10-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #604
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Nope. I have a new outlook on it for us and our trip. It's a test. It is not meant to ruin my trip. I am trying it and have plenty of comments to share, but I am not going to stick to simply FP+ as it would and has adversely impacted our trip. I thought it would be a good thing, but I really didn't think enough about the word "test". Think "beta" versions. There are bugs and they want us to find them, but we don't have to limit ourselves to the system for our trip.

And I did get IT to solve my Epcot problem for tomorrow, but I didn't get the great TT time I had so I had to book something right before dinner (we leave in the afternoon). To be safe, we will be there are rope drop and get regular FP. It's just frustrating to have to call disney IT during my vacation and I basically missed the fireworks at MK since I was on hold for 5 minutes.
Not sure if you have tried...but the resort concierge is able to do a LOT with MB issues. They can access your FPs and make changes, can easily copy FPs for others in your party, print out your plans... They can also call IT for you if needed. They just dial an extension and speak to someone right away.
sargenca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #605
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

We've entered the parks every day with our bands and have had no problems getting regular FPs with our annual passes. We also used our room keys one day by mistake even though they don't have any park tickets associated with them. This was one of our best trips ever because of the band's.
Wishes tonight was wonderful and so was the parade using FP+.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #606
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard View Post
We've entered the parks every day with our bands and have had no problems getting regular FPs with our annual passes. We also used our room keys one day by mistake even though they don't have any park tickets associated with them. This was one of our best trips ever because of the band's. Wishes tonight was wonderful and so was the parade using FP+.
Nice where was the FP + parade location?
Old 10-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #607
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

If you have park hoppers, once you've used your 3 FP+ at one park can you add more through the MDE app for a different park? Sorry if somebody has asked this already, but I couldn't find the answer.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #608
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
If you have park hoppers, once you've used your 3 FP+ at one park can you add more through the MDE app for a different park? Sorry if somebody has asked this already, but I couldn't find the answer.
No, it is 3 total for the entire day, at one park only.
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #609
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaDee View Post
No, it is 3 total for the entire day, at one park only.
So, when you're in the park and you've used up your 3 pre-selected FP+ for the day, you can't even get an additional FP+ for the same park using the mobile app? Did you try this and it failed?
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #610
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am not going to stick to simply FP+ as it would and has adversely impacted our trip.
Shhhhh........ Disney is trying to avoid that one tiny little detail getting out there.........

The new system is pretty cool....... if it weren't for that one little detail....
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #611
Louisville
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
So, when you're in the park and you've used up your 3 pre-selected FP+ for the day, you can't even get an additional FP+ for the same park using the mobile app? Did you try this and it failed?
that is correct, yes I have tried, not possible
Louisville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #612
plutonic
Earning My Ears

As of last Sunday we were able to pull regular FP with both our APs and room keys on top of scheduled FP+.

March 2007 - Off-Site April 2007 - Grad Nite 2007 November 2010 - Coronado Springs Resort / FAWF May 2011 - Caribbean Beach Resort June 2013 - Grand Floridian Honeymoon October 2013 - Yacht Club / FAWF April 2014 - Flower & Garden Festival June 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside 1st Anniversary
plutonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #613
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasha Hermosilla
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxsDad

Well I can understand guests being upset. My trip is less than 2 weeks away and I am regretting signing up for MB and doing all that nonsense now.

Take a dose of patience... I agree that double dipping is expected. We did both today and had a much better day. BUT I now sit on hold with Disney IT b/c I have only 1 FP+ showing up for tomorrow even though I should have 3.... : (

I had patience when I first signed up for the bands, because I thought that I would have fp- to fall back on duo no bug deal. now I find out that people are having problems with it and that would really bug me to not have it to fall back on, especially since it is an unknown and I won't know until I get there to test it.

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android
MaxsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #614
sookie
DIS Veteran

why should testers be limited to three when non-testers are not limited? that isn't fair either. especially since it is a test and problems are occurring on a regular basis.
and it isn't the CM's job to make snarky comments. i would tell them to have a magical day... they need some pixie dust.
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #615
scfarrell
Earning My Ears

So we have MB and FP+, but how do we get paper FP? Are they still giving a backup KTTW? If so, what if I don't use it to enter the park? Doesn't the FP machine only work when a KTTW was used to enter the park that day?
scfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: