Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #586
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

We are here now yesterday- we have tickets, MBs and KTTW card - we linked our tickets to our MDE account and have been making FP + selections at night for the next day. So far so good. Yes we are horrible people and we are using our physical tickets and our KTTW cards for fast passes. At MK on Thursday, we were going to use our ticket to get a Fastpass for a ride we did not have fast pass + for, and the CM just pushed the button on the back of the kiosk to spit out the passes. Before we had anything out.

The CM s seem frustrated with the MBs, a security guard at the resort gate last night said they are a pain in the a*#. We have heard from more than 1 that the system will be fully implemented by November.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #587
starsweeper
DIS Veteran

We just returned from a short 2.5 day trip (Oct 8, 9, 10). We were able to create and change FP+ for our MBs using MDE on my iPhone in the afternoon on the 8th and 9th, but it didn't work in the mornings. MDE was down for us all day on the 10th. My ODD's MB was the only one that seemed to have an issue at turnstiles or FP+ checkin a few times. DH and I used MB with pin code to buy everything there except for one popcorn purchase during MNSSHP (system was down for vendor). We used KTTW to get regular FP mixed in with FP+ selections a few times. With the low crowds in the evenings, the older kids and I were able to ride everything at MK from 5-10pm on the 8th and 9th. Considering it was a short trip, we didn't expect to ride so many things quite so often. So for us, MBs were great!

Our main complaint was the monorail being down from 11am-6pm for the Poly each day. DH had to manage two toddlers and a double stroller on the resort ferry, which was anything but convenient. Definitely frustrating when you pay more for a monorail resort for the convenience of travel to MK with 4 little ones.

Disney Vacations:
Aug79 - PR, Apr85 - Golf Resort, Apr88/Apr91 - Offsite, Jun97 - Offsite (Mom & me), Nov06 - CBR (DH & me - F&W), Feb09 - PCR (1st w/kids), May10 - Mariott OWC (Mom & Kids - F&GF), Oct13 - PR (1st w/4 kids - MNSSHP), Oct14 - GF (MNSSHP)

Other Family Vacations:
Jun13 - Outer Banks NC, Jun15 - Yellowstone/Grand Teton Parks

Last edited by starsweeper; 10-12-2013 at 08:17 AM.
starsweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #588
Disneyducks
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenca View Post
Oops! I responded to your question above- but now think you may have been referring to AP. if so, disregard my answer. I have NO idea how APs work!! Good luck!!
No I am not an AP user so thanks again for the advice and hope you have a great trip!
Old 10-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #589
AndiSlamberg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4evr View Post

The CM s seem frustrated with the MBs, a security guard at the resort gate last night said they are a pain in the a*#. We have heard from more than 1 that the system will be fully implemented by November.
I really hope not. Also I don't know how they can implement it fully when they are just starting AP tests etc. Could you imagine how crazy this would make everything at Christmas as well. *Fingers crossed* it's still in testing when we go.
AndiSlamberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #590
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsDad View Post
I don't know if it its cm bull.it sounds like maybe the testing parameters are changing daily and no one is really sure what is going on. Hence all the misinformation Posted from Disboards.com App for Android
Maybe but I doubt it been following this MB thing a while and even in the early days same thing..
I
Old 10-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #591
lindsroc
DIS Veteran

We have 4 people in our immediate group travelling. 3 are on UT tix, and I am on a T.A. industry ticket so i cant pick up mine until we get there- which means no FP+ for me till we get to Disney.
Of the 3 UT tix, only one linked correctly on MDE and the other 2 are in some limbo. Its been over a month and still hasnt been corrected by Disney IT so i am really not holding out hope for those tix.

If we really want to just plan on using FP-, what is the best thing to do at this point? When we check in, we will request a KTTW card for charging and will have them link our tix at that time. Should i remove the tix that are linked / trying to link from DME? And just not use the magic bands?

Im really confused.

1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #592
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

At Epcot right now.

Entered with MB (AP linked to our bands). Was able to use AP cards, current RO cards, and Aug. KTTW cards (with expired tickets on them) for paper FP.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #593
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99
At Epcot right now.

Entered with MB (AP linked to our bands). Was able to use AP cards, current RO cards, and Aug. KTTW cards (with expired tickets on them) for paper FP.
Thanks for the update! Glad to know you didn't have any problems
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #594
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsroc View Post
We have 4 people in our immediate group travelling. 3 are on UT tix, and I am on a T.A. industry ticket so i cant pick up mine until we get there- which means no FP+ for me till we get to Disney.
Of the 3 UT tix, only one linked correctly on MDE and the other 2 are in some limbo. Its been over a month and still hasnt been corrected by Disney IT so i am really not holding out hope for those tix.

If we really want to just plan on using FP-, what is the best thing to do at this point? When we check in, we will request a KTTW card for charging and will have them link our tix at that time. Should i remove the tix that are linked / trying to link from DME? And just not use the magic bands?

Im really confused.
If I were you (and I am here now and have had lots of issues) I would plan on using MB. The issues might be resolved prior to your visit. If not the concierge can copy your FP+s to your other travel party members. If that doesn't work (and we had 3 days that even the concierge fixing it didn't work) if your party shows up together they will likely get in for the FP+. The CMs didn't hesitate to let us through. We all three had FPs but our accounts were not linked or missed link - and it worked fine. Good luck. Consider MBs a bonus / and plan for FP- if you change your mind.
sargenca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #595
DisneyDudet
Disney Music Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
At Epcot right now. Entered with MB (AP linked to our bands). Was able to use AP cards, current RO cards, and Aug. KTTW cards (with expired tickets on them) for paper FP.
That's great news!! Hope it stays like this for us! We leave in 6 days!

Morgan, RN
Next up:
Princess Half Marathon- CSR and AKL-K
Off Site-6/90, 1/03, 6/09, 8/09, 2/11 POFQ-6/92, 12/08, ASMu-6/95, POR-6/97, 6/00, FW, 6/02, BWI-6/02, 2/13, Dolphin-6/03, 10/13 AKL-12/03, 12/05, 12/10, 2/11, 2/12 WL-5-6/05, ASSp-1/06, Swan-10/07, POP-9/08, 1/09, 4-5/09, 1/12, 12/12, ASMo-1/10, CBR-3/09, OKW-12/09, 3/10, 1/11, 6/11, BLT-6/10, 12/12, 10/13 Kidani-5/11, AoA-10/13,DLR-6/06, 9/09, 9/10, 9/11, 12/11, 9/12 DLParis-12/07, DCL-Wonder-5/02, 6/08 Magic-1/07, 6/09, Dream-2/11, Fantasy- 5/12, 10/13
"Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." Sam Eagle (Muppet 3D)

Proud DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort!

DisneyDudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #596
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
That's great news!! Hope it stays like this for us! We leave in 6 days!
A CM from AofA said "off the record", you should be able to do this until the end of October. I guess we'll see.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #597
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
A CM from AofA said "off the record", you should be able to do this until the end of October. I guess we'll see.
Until something else changes LOL or another CM story
Old 10-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #598
omurice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmit4 View Post
Disney is letting us 'lucky' people use FP-....because we don't get to opt out and go with FP-. WHO in their right mind would CHOOSE to be a tester with only 3FPs in 1 park?! NO way would I agree to that.
This was the trouble I had. I was glad to be testing but 3 FP, in 1 park and oh yeah only for SEVEN days. When you go over 20 FP it says "you've used all your FP thanks have a magical day AP holder".
I enjoyed the FP+ it was kind of fun despite glitches my MB had remembering my AP, and remembering to let me in my room once (a couple of hours in a couple of lines trying to fix 3 issues).

But 20 FP total (really 21, 3 FP x 7 days really), 3 in one park per day, for a max total of 7 days, during a 2 week trip is well... disappointing.

I think it's why TDO is allowing the double-dipping for now to mask these limitations. Or to look at it another way, perhaps they will use these long testing periods to gather statistics and perhaps to tweak these upper limits (I can hope).

When the testing is over, if not adjusted those limitations for anyone staying more than 7 days, an AP holder will especially feel it. MYW ticket holders might not have the 20 FP limit, in which case there will be fewer AP holders next year, two 10-day MYW packages might cost the same or more than an AP, but will give more "value" if your FP is not limited to 7 days. It will be harder to calculate the break-even point of the AP, for me certainly.
I heard they may up the limit for AP to 28 FP per quarter, but still that's about 9 days of FP. 2 week trips would mean days with no FP+

More than 12 or 13 days in the past was an easy cutoff for me to estimate to justify buying an AP, but what is that cutoff now? It will depend on how much I value any FastPass+ additional to whatever the limit is, versus the limit (or non-limit) available in from multiple MYW tickets, not as easy to quantify in dollars.

The future of being an AP holder and park-hopping, I'm not sure I see yet what those plans are, but it's beginning to appear one outcome planned for us was this:
Former AP holders spending more $ on multiple MYW packages, just for the perceived value of attaining more than the limit of 20 (or 28) FP+ in a trip? The incentives to be an AP holder just keep diminishing for a non-local.

PS - I won't go into how this will affect locals because I'm not a local, but the value they get from AP will be seriously diminished by FP+ limitations.

Last edited by omurice; 10-12-2013 at 07:40 PM.
omurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #599
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by omurice View Post
This was the trouble I had. I was glad to be testing but 3 FP, in 1 park and oh yeah only for SEVEN days. When you go over 20 FP it says "you've used all your FP thanks have a magical day AP holder".
I enjoyed the FP+ it was kind of fun despite glitches my MB had remembering my AP, and remembering to let me in my room once (a couple of hours in a couple of lines trying to fix 3 issues).

But 20 FP total (really 21, 3 FP x 7 days really), 3 in one park per day, for a max total of 7 days, during a 2 week trip is well... disappointing.

I think it's why TDO is allowing the double-dipping for now to mask these limitations. Or to look at it another way, perhaps they will use these long testing periods to gather statistics and perhaps to tweak these upper limits (I can hope).

When the testing is over, if not adjusted those limitations for anyone staying more than 7 days, an AP holder will especially feel it. MYW ticket holders might not have the 20 FP limit, in which case there will be fewer AP holders next year, two 10-day MYW packages might cost the same or more than an AP, but will give more "value" if your FP is not limited to 7 days. It will be harder to calculate the break-even point of the AP, for me certainly.
I heard they may up the limit for AP to 28 FP per quarter, but still that's about 9 days of FP. 2 week trips would mean days with no FP+

More than 12 or 13 days in the past was an easy cutoff for me to estimate to justify buying an AP, but what is that cutoff now? It will depend on how much I value any FastPass+ additional to whatever the limit is, versus the limit (or non-limit) available in from multiple MYW tickets, not as easy to quantify in dollars.

The future of being an AP holder and park-hopping, I'm not sure I see yet what those plans are, but it's beginning to appear one outcome planned for us was this:
Former AP holders spending more $ on multiple MYW packages, just for the perceived value of attaining more than the limit of 20 (or 28) FP+ in a trip? The incentives to be an AP holder just keep diminishing for a non-local.

PS - I won't go into how this will affect locals because I'm not a local, but the value they get from AP will be seriously diminished by FP+ limitations.
Are you staying in a Disney hotel for the whole trip? I thought the 7 day limit applied to AP holders, but not if staying onsite. We have 11 days, 10 nights, all at BWV. We are both AP holders. Mine was activated last October, my boyfriend's is a will call and will be activated on Wednesday. I have all 11 days of FP booked for both of us. I believe if you are an AP holder who stayed on property previously during testing, you are still eligible for FP+ but then the limit of 7 days booked at s time cones in to play. But not if staying onsite. I believe the onsite limit is 14 days booked at a time.

And I believe the per quarter limit was a rumor that was never substantiated.
~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
marsh0013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #600
Dasha Hermosilla
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsDad View Post
Well I can understand guests being upset. My trip is less than 2 weeks away and I am regretting signing up for MB and doing all that nonsense now.
Take a dose of patience... I agree that double dipping is expected. We did both today and had a much better day. BUT I now sit on hold with Disney IT b/c I have only 1 FP+ showing up for tomorrow even though I should have 3.... : (
Dasha Hermosilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: