Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #571
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Any idea as to why you were printing "not a valid fastpass"? I've seen this from a couple people now and am trying to determine under what scenarios this is happening to people. I think the last one I read was when their magic bands weren't working so they were manually scanned, and then their KTTW card wouldn't work on FP machines. Any indication this is common?
It happened to us. We had our APs on the Magicband and use it to get in the park.

When we tried to use our AP or KTTW card to get other Fastpasses, we got the not valid due to not using that ticket to enter the park.

When we asked why, we were told they were testing for the day they shut it down.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #572
delmar411
DIS Veteran

I spoke to GR this evening and we are supposed to be able to use both systems. They specifically told me to use both.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #573
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
I spoke to GR this evening and we are supposed to be able to use both systems. They specifically told me to use both.
All this CM bull kills me ... Let them stop me when I try ... I don't need to hear any snarky comments I'm testing not them ... Just gets me mad that some take it the way they want and make up their own rules
Old 10-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #574
SEC71
Mouseketeer

My family has been here since the 4th. We are using magicbands with Aps linked to them to enter parks and do fast pass plus. I am also able to pull fast passes with aps and room keys.
SEC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #575
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE="SEC71;49805647"]My family has been here since the 4th. We are using magicbands with Aps linked to them to enter parks and do fast pass plus. I am also able to pull fast passes with aps and room keys.[/QUOTE
Any CM comments ........
Old 10-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #576
Dasha Hermosilla
Mouseketeer

I'm going to double dip tomorrow... We were at MK today and tried to make it work on our three FP+ and it was miserable. We have been on 10 crowd levels days and waited less! And tonight the system is a mess! I want the last hour of my life back...:
Dasha Hermosilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #577
SEC71
Mouseketeer

No CM comments and we all were wearing our MBA while using paper fast passes. I know the CMs had to notice because my 5 year old daughter kept trying to use her MBA in the fast pass line! We were at MK today and HS yesterday.
SEC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #578
DJBass
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post

This! Worked like a charm last week when I was there! And to avoid any issues, we took off our MagicBand when we were going to use a paper FP. No one had a clue
We had overlapping FP FP+ and any ride FP that we got from CM when DS6 had to suddenly go pee as we were to get on BTMRR and 10 any ride FP from a family that was leaving WDW that day (they were good for 3days). We never took our bands off. I think it's been said enough times everyone is preaching to the choir, the system is set up that way FOR NOW on purpose. So use it.
DJBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #579
DJBass
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post

those "not a valid fastpass" cards have always been printed from the machine when you use a ticket that wasn't used as park admission. they did not just start doing this because of FP+.
We used MB to enter and KTTW cards for legacy FP with no issues. If what you say is correct then we would not have been able to do this. Confused.
DJBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #580
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo
Quote:

Originally Posted by delmar411

All this CM bull kills me ... Let them stop me when I try ... I don't need to hear any snarky comments I'm testing not them ... Just gets me mad that some take it the way they want and make up their own rules
I don't know if it its cm bull.it sounds like maybe the testing parameters are changing daily and no one is really sure what is going on. Hence all the misinformation

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android
MaxsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #581
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenca View Post
Are you referring to the old days when you got the concierge to put your UT tix onto your KTTW? If so, I am not sure that is what you need to do - not sure doing that is necessarily wrong, but I did it differently.

I am here this week and I:
-Linked my UT tix to MB weeks ago
-Selected FP+ in advance (If you wait until you arrive to put UT onto KTTW, you will not be able to make FP+ selections until check-in
-I entered the park with MB and redeemed FP+
-Also used KTTW card to double-dip
-Also used UT tix for additional FP-
-And as crazy as it sounds, changed over to AKV today and could even use my 2nd half stay KTTWs for FP+s

Good luck!
Thank you for the information! This makes me feel a bit better about when we go in a little more than 2 weeks.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #582
Disneyducks
Earning My Ears

THANKS! We are excited and can't wait to be there!
Old 10-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #583
Disneyducks
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenca View Post
You are correct in linking your tickets to your band.

With the MB, since you have linked your tickets, you will be able to "reserve" FP+ in advance and redeem those FP+'s in the parks.

Enter the park using your MB.

When you check-in, if you are also given a KTTW card (which is happening with current guests) you can use it for FP- Just carry your KTTW cards with you and use them to "pull" FP- (No need to enter the park using the KTTW)

Double-dip = using MB FP+ ...and... KTTW FP-

Hope this helps.

Sorry forgot to do this- THANKS!!! This will be really help!
Old 10-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #584
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsDad View Post
I don't know if it its cm bull.it sounds like maybe the testing parameters are changing daily and no one is really sure what is going on. Hence all the misinformation

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android
Thank you. You know they are frustrated too and outraged guests is definitely not what they need.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #585
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Thank you. You know they are frustrated too and outraged guests is definitely not what they need.
Well I can understand guests being upset. My trip is less than 2 weeks away and I am regretting signing up for MB and doing all that nonsense now.
MaxsDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: