Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #556
Louisville
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsDad View Post
So even though you didn't enter the park with MB, you could still use your fp+ with no problem? Posted from Disboards.com App for Android
. Yes no problems with using FP+.
Louisville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #557
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
Are you linking your park tickets to the magic bands or not? If the tickets aren't linked then you use the tickets themselves to enter the park. With a room only, there are no tickets on your KTTW cards.
But them can't make FP + correct?
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #558
Disneyducks
Earning My Ears

Hello we have linked our bands to our tickets. Should i remove them so we are able to double dip? I am so confused by this process. Help??!!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #559
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyducks View Post
Hello we have linked our bands to our tickets. Should i remove them so we are able to double dip? I am so confused by this process. Help??!!
You are correct in linking your tickets to your band.

With the MB, since you have linked your tickets, you will be able to "reserve" FP+ in advance and redeem those FP+'s in the parks.

Enter the park using your MB.

When you check-in, if you are also given a KTTW card (which is happening with current guests) you can use it for FP- Just carry your KTTW cards with you and use them to "pull" FP- (No need to enter the park using the KTTW)

Double-dip = using MB FP+ ...and... KTTW FP-

Hope this helps.
sargenca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #560
DisneyDudet
Disney Music Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
I entered 2 parks w/ my MB today and pulled fp- with a KTTW card no issue. I did not try to use my AP to get fp- so I have no idea if that is still working or not.
It's good to hear it is working for some.

This is a hot mess!

Morgan, RN
Next up:
Princess Half Marathon- CSR and AKL-K
Off Site-6/90, 1/03, 6/09, 8/09, 2/11 POFQ-6/92, 12/08, ASMu-6/95, POR-6/97, 6/00, FW, 6/02, BWI-6/02, 2/13, Dolphin-6/03, 10/13 AKL-12/03, 12/05, 12/10, 2/11, 2/12 WL-5-6/05, ASSp-1/06, Swan-10/07, POP-9/08, 1/09, 4-5/09, 1/12, 12/12, ASMo-1/10, CBR-3/09, OKW-12/09, 3/10, 1/11, 6/11, BLT-6/10, 12/12, 10/13 Kidani-5/11, AoA-10/13,DLR-6/06, 9/09, 9/10, 9/11, 12/11, 9/12 DLParis-12/07, DCL-Wonder-5/02, 6/08 Magic-1/07, 6/09, Dream-2/11, Fantasy- 5/12, 10/13
"Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." Sam Eagle (Muppet 3D)

Proud DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort!

DisneyDudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #561
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcougar View Post
So do I want to attach my UT tickets to our KTW cards or is it better not to? I assume to double dip I want to enter using the UT tickets. Then I can use those and KTW to double dip. Sound right?
Are you referring to the old days when you got the concierge to put your UT tix onto your KTTW? If so, I am not sure that is what you need to do - not sure doing that is necessarily wrong, but I did it differently.

I am here this week and I:
-Linked my UT tix to MB weeks ago
-Selected FP+ in advance (If you wait until you arrive to put UT onto KTTW, you will not be able to make FP+ selections until check-in
-I entered the park with MB and redeemed FP+
-Also used KTTW card to double-dip
-Also used UT tix for additional FP-
-And as crazy as it sounds, changed over to AKV today and could even use my 2nd half stay KTTWs for FP+s

Good luck!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #562
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenca View Post
Are you referring to the old days when you got the concierge to put your UT tix onto your KTTW? If so, I am not sure that is what you need to do - not sure doing that necessarily wrong, but I did it differently. I am here this week and I: -Linked my UT tix to MB weeks ago -Selected FP+ in advance (If you wait until you arrive to put UT onto KTTW, you will not be able to make FP+ selections until check-in -I entered the park with MB and redeemed FP+ -Also used KTTW card to double-dip -Also used UT tix for additional FP- -And as crazy as it sounds, changed over to AKV today and could even use my 2nd half stay KTTWs for FP+s Good luck!
That's my plan next week

UT Tickets on MB Will not be on KTTW card
Have FP + will use UT card and KTTW card for FP - if needed...
Old 10-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #563
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville View Post
. Yes no problems with using FP+.
Thanks. So it seems like the best thing to do is use the regular paper/KTTW tickets to enter the parks. Hopefully this strategy will work with AP as well. I don't even want to get an absurd amount of FP. I just want to get some FP in the morning at DHS for TSMM, ST, ToT, etc. and then keep our FP+ for when we hop over to MK later in the afternoon.

I really hope that they adjust the system down the road to allow park hopping with FP+.
MaxsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #564
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo View Post

That's my plan next week

Yes! You will love it. We are rope-drop people and knowing that we had reserved FP+s made our trip so nice.

One thing I will say is that we had several issues of an unknown nature. I am not being a Debbie Downer because I am a MB convert!! Don't know if it was our last minute modified split stay or the UT tix - but my FPs went missing right before my trip; my DD did so the first couple of days; then my DH did the last two days. GOOD THING is that since all three of us arrived at the FP return line together, the CMs, with little hesitation, always let us thru. I had a print out from the concierge of our FPs, but never had to show anyone. We knew with every FP+ there was one of us that would likely not 'light up green' but it was really no big deal.

I was not able to use the app either because of our ticket issues, but being able to use FP- too made up for that.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #565
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyducks View Post
Oops! I responded to your question above- but now think you may have been referring to AP. if so, disregard my answer. I have NO idea how APs work!! Good luck!!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #566
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

[QUOTE="sargenca;49804336"] Yes! You will love it. We are rope-drop people and knowing that we had reserved FP+s made our trip so nice. One thing I will say is that we had several issues of an unknown nature. I am not being a Debbie Downer because I am a MB convert!! Don't know if it was our last minute modified split stay or the UT tix - but my FPs went missing right before my trip; my DD did so the first couple of days; then my DH did the last two days. GOOD THING is that since all three of us arrived at the FP return line together, the CMs, with little hesitation, always let us thru. I had a print out from the concierge of our FPs, but never had to show anyone. We knew with every FP+ there was one of us that would likely not 'light up green' but it was really no big deal. I was not able to use the app either because of our ticket issues, but being able to use FP- too made up for that. [/QUOTE

Thanks for the info can't wait
Old 10-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #567
TammyC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo View Post
That's my plan next week

I am in the same situation and wondering..

If UT tickets are linked to the band and at check in we get a KTTW card which is a back-up to the band, would the UT tickets be linked to the KTTW by default?

Tammy
Feb 2000 - CSR
Dec 2003 - Swan
Nov 2004 - AKL
May 2005 - Disney Wonder
Nov 2005 - POFQ
May 2006 - WL, Dolphin
Jan 2007 - Swan
Aug 2008 - Swan
Aug 2010 - AKL, Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2012 - Boardwalk Villas
Oct 2013 - BC
TammyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #568
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyC View Post
I am in the same situation and wondering.. If UT tickets are linked to the band and at check in we get a KTTW card which is a back-up to the band, would the UT tickets be linked to the KTTW by default? Tammy
No they are not... Just don't have the resort add them to your KTTW card..
Old 10-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #569
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
If you ask a CM they will tell you that you are not entitled to both. Last week we attempted on a couple occasions to "double dip" however our paper fastpasses came out saying "not a valid fastpass". Our friends were able to at the same time but ours would not and a CM came up to me when he saw the bands on our wrists and explained that because I had the bands you could not do both.
Any idea as to why you were printing "not a valid fastpass"? I've seen this from a couple people now and am trying to determine under what scenarios this is happening to people. I think the last one I read was when their magic bands weren't working so they were manually scanned, and then their KTTW card wouldn't work on FP machines. Any indication this is common?
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #570
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Any idea as to why you were printing "not a valid fastpass"? I've seen this from a couple people now and am trying to determine under what scenarios this is happening to people. I think the last one I read was when their magic bands weren't working so they were manually scanned, and then their KTTW card wouldn't work on FP machines. Any indication this is common?
Funny as others being told to do it .. Especially in light of this being a test and their still being MB issues.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: