Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #541
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxsDad

So even though you didn't enter the park with MB, you could still use your fp+ with no problem? Posted from Disboards.com App for Android

Luv to know the other way around .. Using MB to her yet then pull FP - with KTTW & UT plastic card..
From what I have been reading that hasn't been working too well, which is why I thought this might be a better method, although after reading all the above posts who knows anymore. And all I really care about is for when we hop.

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android
MaxsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #542
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Louisville!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville View Post
Have been here six days now, two at Epcot and two at HS, one each at MK and AK. Have been entering the park everyday with either UT paper ticket (days 1-3) or plastic ticket received when trading in paper ticket at Guest Relations - have not been entering park with MB. Every day and every attempt for me I have been able to pull FP- with KTTW cards and UT paper/plastic. We are family of five, so I have five KTTW cards, but only 4 park tickets because one child is under three. When I walk up to FP- machines, I know I can always pull 9 FP- (if they are still available and have not all been distributed). Also doing FP+ every day.

At HS Wednesday, both me and my wife auditioned for American Idol. I made it through first cut but cut in second audition and did not get on stage. They still gave me 7 any ride/anytime paper FPs for my time. My wife is a better singer than me, she made it on stage - they gave her 14 any ride/anytime paper FPs for her time.

All I can say is - got to love this test period! If you are willing to open the parks and do some basic planning, you can ride the headliners every day multiple times with no wait. RNR, ToT, TSM, Soarin, TT, the three mountains at MK, etc. - we have been able to ride all of them three, four, or five times during our visit, as much as anyone would want to. Literally, I have not stood in a line and waited for anything this week. Have either walked right on in a stand-by line or used a FP. Also, several times we have had extra paper FPs we didn't have time to use, which we always give away to a couple or family approaching the stand-by line (this is as fun as riding the ride yourself sometimes).

To achieve this result, have had to use a little bit different strategy at each park. At Epcot and HS you schedule your FP+ and pull paper FPs for headliners only. At MK you schedule FP+ for rides with longest lines you can't pull FP- for (Enchanted Tales w Belle is perfect example - no FP- available and has longest lines of all).

Loved the FP+ for Fantasmic Wednesday night. Was a huge challenge burning through all of those FPs we got from Idol, kids riding TSM/RNR/TOT over and over with their cousins (we shared). Finally had to give up and head over for show. Slid in at 7:40 and still able to have seats for our group in front center section even though it was standing room only for stand-by.
Louisville, I sent you a PM with a few questions. Thanks for this report. Sounds like you are all having a wonderful vacation! Wish I had the pipes to try out for American Idol!!
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #543
npcougar
DIS Veteran

So do I want to attach my UT tickets to our KTW cards or is it better not to? I assume to double dip I want to enter using the UT tickets. Then I can use those and KTW to double dip. Sound right?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #544
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcougar View Post
So do I want to attach my UT tickets to our KTW cards or is it better not to? I assume to double dip I want to enter using the UT tickets. Then I can use those and KTW to double dip. Sound right?
That's my plan
Old 10-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #545
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDudet

It's becoming more frequent. On another thread, at least 2 ppl have has issues and they were AP holders. It is upsetting.
I entered 2 parks w/ my MB today and pulled fp- with a KTTW card no issue.

I did not try to use my AP to get fp- so I have no idea if that is still working or not.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #546
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsDad

From what I have been reading that hasn't been working too well, which is why I thought this might be a better method, although after reading all the above posts who knows anymore. And all I really care about is for when we hop.

MB work even if not used to enter the park. As in you could bring in MBs from other members of tour party and use them even if they were back in the hotel room.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 10-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #547
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Y'all are forgetting the obvious. CM's mama got 'er dun.
You win!
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #548
Belleandtinker
DIS Veteran

Guilty - double dipped today! Got one extra. Sorry, but for the hassle of the "magic" bands not working and hot, we used that extra one happily.

Also what percentage of guests are even using the MBs, we saw them today but not a big percent.

They are slow, hot, and don't work consistently, j guess it's just part of the test which we did sign up for.

First day of eight - interested to see how they work
June 1982 – WDW Treehouse Villas; March 1988 – WDW Off-Site; September 1992 – WDW Disney Institute and Off-Site; April 1997 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; April 2002 – DL Off-Site; April 2003 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge; April 2004 – DL Paradise Pier; April 2005 – DLP Off-Site; April 2008 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; January 2009 – WDW Caribbean Beach Resort; April 2010 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2011 - WDW Coronado Springs/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2012 - WDW Coronado Springs/Caribbean Beach Resort; October 2012 - WDW All Star Movie; March 2013 - DL Grand Califorian; October 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2015 - ?

Belleandtinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #549
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleandtinker View Post
Guilty - double dipped today! Got one extra. Sorry, but for the hassle of the "magic" bands not working and hot, we used that extra one happily. Also what percentage of guests are even using the MBs, we saw them today but not a big percent. They are slow, hot, and don't work consistently, j guess it's just part of the test which we did sign up for. First day of eight - interested to see how they work
Keep dipping have fun
Old 10-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #550
chr1s
Earning My Ears

FWIW, I just received my official invite today in the mail to participate in the MyMagic+ program for our CSR stay Nov. 11 - 15. Absolutely no where does it state that by agreeing to participate in the program I forgo my ability to use FP-. In fact, it doesn't even mention FP- at all.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #551
SnowWhite
Did it 20 times in a row back in '83
In real life I dance like Steve Erckle

If you ask a CM they will tell you that you are not entitled to both. Last week we attempted on a couple occasions to "double dip" however our paper fastpasses came out saying "not a valid fastpass". Our friends were able to at the same time but ours would not and a CM came up to me when he saw the bands on our wrists and explained that because I had the bands you could not do both.

1981,1983,1994,1995 Offsite
2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites
2005 Oct 28-Nov 5 POP/OKW/CSR MNSSHP Oct 30th
2005 Nov 5-7 St Georges Island(condo on the beach)
2006 Sept 29-Oct 9 POP, MNSSHP Oct 6th, FREE DDP!!!!
2007 May 16-May 27 POP, Doin the DDP!!
2007 Oct 22-29 St Georges Island (condo on the beach)
2010 Nov 13-21 POP and Free Dining!!!! Hannah's 1st visit with Mickey!!!
2012 May 19 - 26 POP and Free Dining!!
2013 Sept 27 - Oct 8 POR

SnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #552
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite
If you ask a CM they will tell you that you are not entitled to both. Last week we attempted on a couple occasions to "double dip" however our paper fastpasses came out saying "not a valid fastpass". Our friends were able to at the same time but ours would not and a CM came up to me when he saw the bands on our wrists and explained that because I had the bands you could not do both.
That is ridiculous

MaxsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #553
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite
I'm SO not going to be amused if a CM tries to stop me using both. I know you can cause a fuss and ask for a manager or go to Guest Relations etc, but what a hassle. I don't need someone (wrongly) giving me hassle on vacation. The more problems I hear about this, the more I want to just leave my band in the hotel room.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #554
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

I have a room only reservation at pop then we move over to BWV. WE have been sent two sets of Magic Bands. I know Magic Bands cannot pull paper fastpasses, but I should use the KTTW to get into the parks then I use those to pull fast passes?

Thanks!

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #555
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
I have a room only reservation at pop then we move over to BWV. WE have been sent two sets of Magic Bands. I know Magic Bands cannot pull paper fastpasses, but I should use the KTTW to get into the parks then I use those to pull fast passes?

Thanks!
Are you linking your park tickets to the magic bands or not? If the tickets aren't linked then you use the tickets themselves to enter the park. With a room only, there are no tickets on your KTTW cards.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: