Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #406
omurice
Mouseketeer

The CMs know about this. At the resort the reception or concierge (I forget which) was telling myself and others to Double Dip if you're park hopping so ... this "immoral practice" of which you speak, the CMs are not only aware of it, they're encouraging the testers to double dip, and even to enjoy it.

When I had trouble linking my AP to the MagicBand the week before my trip, and called the IT helpdesk, the lady at IT told me "and you know during the test, you can still use standard FP in addition to FP+".

I had to call IT twice, once from home and once during the trip, which combined took a couple of hours. I stood in a long reception line at the Animal Kingdom Lodge one day when the band did not get me into my room. I stood in another very long Guest Relations line at MK when the band did not work in that park one day. I could have ignored all that nonsense, got into my room with the blue plastic card, and at MK just toured like a normal day, with paper FP and my AP to get in. But I thought it would mess up the testing, which I volunteered for when I went on MDE site and said "send me a MagicBand". I spoke with several people during my trip, and read about many people on these boards too, having similar issues to mine; some issues were much worse and some had trouble every day of their stay -- my issues were light in comparison.

So at practically every turn, the CMs are telling the guests who are testing MM+ to use the standard FP. Because they know the new system has bugs and they want to smooth things out, or they just want it to feel like they're cluing us into more fun, a more magical experience, etc. Which, most of the time, is what most of the CMs are trying to do.

For some the MM+ testing was a dream. For some the testing was kind of a nightmare! Despite my troubles I was glad to be a part of it, but I would say testing was less than a dream and MyMagic+ is maybe 65 to 70% ready for roll-out.

In any event, within about 2 months (maybe late Nov. early Dec.) this problem or "moral question" will not exist, unless the testing period goes on and on and we see both systems for a long time.
Paper FP probably will not be available to MagicBand users after the testing period is over. That is what the CMs are saying anyhow (I did ask that specific question at MK Guest Relations and on the phone with one IT call).

Last edited by omurice; 10-08-2013 at 02:19 AM.
omurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:40 AM   #407
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
My son happens to be a CM at the MK, on the MyMagic + team. He's been working very hard for the past year, trying to phase this system in. Trust me, they are fully aware of this double dipping and be assured, it will have an end date, very soon. They are working on it as we speak.
I think I'll be forwarding this thread on to him tonight, so they will be made fully aware of what folks are trying to do.
Quote:
Not horribly illegal, just morally wrong. And I did forward this to him, so he'll be passing it along. They are very much aware, this just cements it.
~Yes, it's a loophole. But, I'm sure Disney can handle this when they're ready. Personally, I hope as many people get to enjoy this perk while it lasts. I *love* Magic Bands and FP+ but I also acknowledge how this transition may have negative impact on other vacationers.

~I imagine this tiny loophole is the least of Disney's concerns. So, there's no need to make this appear bigger than what it is.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 05:21 AM   #408
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
My son happens to be a CM at the MK, on the MyMagic + team. He's been working very hard for the past year, trying to phase this system in. Trust me, they are fully aware of this double dipping and be assured, it will have an end date, very soon. They are working on it as we speak. I think I'll be forwarding this thread on to him tonight, so they will be made fully aware of what folks are trying to do.
Gee thanks LOL first off the system is like this right now in case the MB have a problem.. Also it's still a test. You can forward all you want but Disney knows exactly what's going on. You sound like a bitter person who's worried that the kid in front of you got an extra price of candy...

Oh by the way whine your at it please tell your son to make sure all the bugs are out of the system before I get there.. As I have wasted numerous hours and phone calls on this test.

Now go have a magical day!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #409
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
My son happens to be a CM at the MK, on the MyMagic + team. He's been working very hard for the past year, trying to phase this system in. Trust me, they are fully aware of this double dipping and be assured, it will have an end date, very soon. They are working on it as we speak. I think I'll be forwarding this thread on to him tonight, so they will be made fully aware of what folks are trying to do.
In a nice way:

Please go get a life...
Old 10-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #410
Louisville
Earning My Ears

I am not sure what I enjoyed more yesterday, riding Soarin and Test Track twice with my two oldest with no wait, or reading this thread when I got back to my room at POP last night. I felt so naughty - I think I kind of liked it! I would try to engage in the moral debate on this subject if I could. It just seems so silly to me, I can't even manage it. But ok here I go anyways . There is a world full of moral issues to be outraged about, but this just isn't one. This is like debating whether or not you are going to itemize deductions on your income tax return. If they allow you to, of course you do. Ma'am, I am sure you are a very nice person. If you visit HS on Tuesday, you should meet us (wife, kids, in-laws) out for lunch or something. You will find out we are about as mild mannered and low-key as anyone here at WDW. Not the pack of evil minions you must be imagining in your mind. I just can't bring myself to stand there in line like a chump when the ticket to the front is sitting right there in front of me. My brain just isn't wired like that. Anyway......my personal debauchery continued yesterday at EPCOT. My UT tickets did continue to work for me yesterday along with my KTTW cards at the same time (sorry Sargenca - not sure what happened for you - sounds like it didn't matter too much for you anyway, I'm glad). Did end up trading in paper UT ticket for plastic RF type at Guest Relations today. I have been entering the park with UT ticket rather than MB - not sure if that explains difference in result? Could still pull FP- with new tickets. There were some things that slowed me down slightly. We arrived around 8:45 (hard getting my crew moving any earlier with an infant and a 13 & 11 year old). Got in a long line at entry and discovered at the end was actually two lines converging into one, so very slow getting into the park. By the time I (the runner for the family) got to Soarin, FP- was at 12:50 return time. Meanwhile the rest of my crew arrived at Test Track to a 30 minutes stand-by line, which they bypassed for Mission Space with a much better result. By the time I got to Test Track for FP-, return time was 2:30. Not quite what I had expected after my experience the day before at MK with the three mountains. But not the end of the world, just had to change the plan around a bit, adjust FP+ reservations back to headliners and be willing to wait until later in the day for them (MDE app was painfully slow in the park, lots of error messages, but eventually worked). Still managed to ride all the headliners twice and literally everything in Future World, plus Maelstrom and little Donald ride in Mexico that was probably the second biggest hit all day with the baby next to the character spot. Had dinner at Biergarten for the first time - great experience for the whole family. Watched Illuminations. Great day. Only line I waited in all day for more than 5 minutes was the line for the bus back to POP.

Last edited by Louisville; 10-08-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Louisville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #411
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I guess the debauchery is over folks. A CM's mother is putting the hammer down. It was fun while it lasted.
Dam sniff sniff what will I do what will I do
Old 10-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #412
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

I actually tried using my card at ToT yesterday and it would not give me a FP. Twice when trying to change times on FP+ times, I either lost it completely it or it changed only on person even though all members were selected
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #413
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
Well then when I go in November and I can't pull paper fast passes with my KTTW card and I'm limited to only my 3 FP+s while people who are offsite (and giving Disney a whole lot less money) are allowed to pull as many FPs as they want I can guarantee you that you that your son will be getting an earful from me and Disney will learn that I'm not going to be paying more money to stay onsite for less benefits than those offsite have.

Get real lady. Do you realize how foolish your post sounded? Your son is a CM? Is that supposed to scare us or something? Do you realize how many CM's are on these boards? BTW, I wouldn't brag about my kid being on the My Magic + team considering how many glitches have been going on in that system.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
I guess the debauchery is over folks. A CM's mother is putting the hammer down. It was fun while it lasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
When I agreed to be a beta tester by customizing MBs and making FP+ reservations, the system specifically stated that I could use FP with my KTTW AND do the + as well. They MADE their system this way. If your son thinks they didn't then he's not in the loop.

Just like they didn't have to make the customize/FP+ popups live if they didn't want them to be, they didn't have to make it so that kttws without tickets attached could work the FP machines. They did this on purpose. There are no moral problems here; just using their system the way they made it.
Again, well stated.

I work in IT - THERE ARE GLITCHES!!! (and, no, not the nice Vanellope kind!). This is a test. This is a test at least through November. You know how I know that, Miss Moral Police? I got a letter, from Disney, saying I was involved in the test, to make sure I used the MagicBand and FP+ technology, but also mentioning I COULD STILL PULL FP-. I am absolutely ticked off at your tone and indignation with something that Disney is aware of and, actually, is encouraging. We are allowed to pull the FP- because of the glitches. As someone else said, go get a life.

And now that my rant is over: 22 more days and I get to be at my happy place! As soon as I am able, I will update as to our interaction with the FP- system.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #414
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToGoNow View Post
I actually tried using my card at ToT yesterday and it would not give me a FP. Twice when trying to change times on FP+ times, I either lost it completely it or it changed only on person even though all members were selected
Maybe she will tell get son fix the dam FP +.. LOL
Old 10-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #415
Samdari
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
I got a letter, from Disney, saying I was involved in the test, to make sure I used the MagicBand and FP+ technology, but also mentioning I COULD STILL PULL FP-.
I am amazed how many people are misinterpreting this letter. I got the same one.

It says you are invited to the test, and says all OTHER guests can use legacy fastpass. Those involved in testing MB/FP+ are clearly not included in in the OTHER category. OTHER means those choosing not to or ineligible to participate in, testing.

NOWHERE in Disney officially published communications is their anything saying the same guest may use both FP+ and FP-. Those communications have consistently indicated it is one or the other. I realize that what is going on at the parks, with knowledge of and even encouragement from, CMs is not that policy. But, everything written from Disney Parks management has said you can use one or the other.

Don't get me wrong, I don't find it morally wrong to double dip. I am going in about 12 days, and sincerely hope I get to double dip. I signed up for FP+, but my wife is against us being in the test if it will take away our ability to pull regular fastpasses, so taking that ability away would be disastrous for me. I don't even know if we could opt out of the test after scheduling fastpasses?
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #416
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville View Post
My UT tickets did continue to work for me yesterday along with my KTTW cards at the same time (sorry Sargenca - not sure what happened for you - sounds like it didn't matter too much for you anyway, I'm glad).
Yes, Louisville it's all good! And we'll be at HS too today. Three cornballs in matching yellow t-shirts.

** I hope I'm forgiven for double-dipping. ** HEY! I am from Nashville. Sounds like a country song to me!!
sargenca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #417
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This is what I love about the internet. Alot of time it's better than what's on TV anymore! Ya I bet that that thread she is sending off is being closely looked over by the Disney police. We better watch of we might all get blacklisted if we double dip!

Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House June 13th for the week.

Planning Old Key West for Columbus week for 6 nights and then off to a Disney Cruise for 3 nights!
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #418
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post

I am amazed how many people are misinterpreting this letter. I got the same one.

It says you are invited to the test, and says all OTHER guests can use legacy fastpass. Those involved in testing MB/FP+ are clearly not included in in the OTHER category. OTHER means those choosing not to or ineligible to participate in, testing.

NOWHERE in Disney officially published communications is their anything saying the same guest may use both FP+ and FP-. Those communications have consistently indicated it is one or the other. I realize that what is going on at the parks, with knowledge of and even encouragement from, CMs is not that policy. But, everything written from Disney Parks management has said you can use one or the other.

Don't get me wrong, I don't find it morally wrong to double dip. I am going in about 12 days, and sincerely hope I get to double dip. I signed up for FP+, but my wife is against us being in the test if it will take away our ability to pull regular fastpasses, so taking that ability away would be disastrous for me. I don't even know if we could opt out of the test after scheduling fastpasses?
Actually I have posted the quotes from the employee booklet on the MM+ testing where they are to tell the guests that they can use both systems.

Just sayin....

And FP+ was acting up all weekend long and every CM and ESP the MM+ CMs said to just use regular FP and if the system worked then use FP+ too.

I think the PP is full of it and I feel sorry for her son who is likely trying to keep her off his back.

Because if Disney CMs are reading who have control over this system...here's my message to you...this system SUCKS! Make your app FAST and SIMPLE, maybe hire a couple of teens to write the code because they can knock out a good app in a few days that doesn't take 5-10mins to load and doesn't drain half my battery each time. And give my drop down lists so I can pick my times instead of playing chess with the system.

Until then, I will be using paper FPs.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #419
Samdari
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
Actually I have posted the quotes from the employee booklet on the MM+ testing where they are to tell the guests that they can use both systems.

Just sayin....

And FP+ was acting up all weekend long and every CM and ESP the MM+ CMs said to just use regular FP and if the system worked then use FP+ too.

I think the PP is full of it and I feel sorry for her son who is likely trying to keep her off his back.

Because if Disney CMs are reading who have control over this system...here's my message to you...this system SUCKS! Make your app FAST and SIMPLE, maybe hire a couple of teens to write the code because they can knock out a good app in a few days that doesn't take 5-10mins to load and doesn't drain half my battery each time. And give my drop down lists so I can pick my times instead of playing chess with the system.

Until then, I will be using paper FPs.
Yeah, I agree with what you are saying - FP+ seems not reliable enough atm to take away legacy fastpass use for those testing FP+.

I was just saying that I have read many posters here interpret the test invitation letter (and Disney FP+ FAQ) statement saying "ALL OTHER guests are welcome to use the legacy fastpass system" as "ALL guests are welcome to use the legacy fastpass system."

Those are distinctly different statements, and I think you will find all publicly released written statements about FP+/FP- as saying officially, it is either/or. Which has those of us travelling just after they open the test to all resorts very, very nervous.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #420
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
Actually I have posted the quotes from the employee booklet on the MM+ testing where they are to tell the guests that they can use both systems. Just sayin.... And FP+ was acting up all weekend long and every CM and ESP the MM+ CMs said to just use regular FP and if the system worked then use FP+ too. I think the PP is full of it and I feel sorry for her son who is likely trying to keep her off his back. Because if Disney CMs are reading who have control over this system...here's my message to you...this system SUCKS! Make your app FAST and SIMPLE, maybe hire a couple of teens to write the code because they can knock out a good app in a few days that doesn't take 5-10mins to load and doesn't drain half my battery each time. And give my drop down lists so I can pick my times instead of playing chess with the system. Until then, I will be using paper FPs.
Well said

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: