Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #391
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
My son happens to be a CM at the MK, on the MyMagic + team. He's been working very hard for the past year, trying to phase this system in. Trust me, they are fully aware of this double dipping and be assured, it will have an end date, very soon. They are working on it as we speak.
I think I'll be forwarding this thread on to him tonight, so they will be made fully aware of what folks are trying to do.
Hmmmm, first you say they're already fully aware of the double dipping issue, and then you say you'll forward this thread so that they're fully aware of it. While you're at it, why don't you forward the threads detailing the problems people are having with MM+, particularly with linking UT tickets, or MDE suddenly deleting all their reservations and not being able to get them back, or FP+ times not showing up for certain members of the party, or Photopass pictures not linking to one's bands, or suddenly not being able to log into the system at all. I would think that resolving all of those guest relations issues would be far higher priority for Disney than trying to stop a few people from pulling FPs from a system that is going to be decommissioned in the near future.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #392
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Quote:
My son happens to be a CM at the MK, on the MyMagic + team. He's been working very hard for the past year, trying to phase this system in. Trust me, they are fully aware of this double dipping and be assured, it will have an end date, very soon. They are working on it as we speak.
I think I'll be forwarding this thread on to him tonight, so they will be made fully aware of what folks are trying to do.
I'm very sure they are aware so just curious, if he is already aware what is the purpose of fwding this thread to him?

Your post made it sound like people are doing something horribly illegal.
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #393
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
I'm very sure they are aware so just curious, if he is already aware what is the purpose of fwding this thread to him?

Your post made it sound like people are doing something horribly illegal.
Not horribly illegal, just morally wrong. And I did forward this to him, so he'll be passing it along. They are very much aware, this just cements it.

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #394
DavidNYC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgsgirl View Post
I stayed at CSR in Sept---no magic bands. I was able to pull regular old FP using my AP, current KTTK card and KTTK cards from Jan and May. None of the KTTK cards ever had tickets attached to them.
Just there this past weekend and tried a few things to see what worked. Also got paper FP with current RFID key to the world, old key to the world (w/o tickets attached), RFID annual pass, and a RFID card that I had converted from a 10 year old hopper that only has plus options remaining. Lines were so short this past weekend for the most part hardly had use for any of the paper fastpasses - the FP+ were more than adequate.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #395
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Quote:

Not horribly illegal, just morally wrong. And I did forward this to him, so he'll be passing it along. They are very much aware, this just cements it.

Ok please be sure to post here when they finally fix this loophole

Last edited by cseca; 10-07-2013 at 11:54 PM.
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #396
DavidNYC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sure a posting from the DIS board sent by a team members mother will suddenly "cement" changes to the FP system. Going to have my mom write me a note saying she gives me permission to pull some extra fastpasses so I can get as many in a day as people who aren't limited by the 3 FP+ you can reserve.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #397
ldoogie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
lmbo I'm sure they are aware considering the last time I called and asked a question about my MagicBands the CM specifically told me to be sure and get a KTTW so I could get FP that way too. Morally wrong, really? Then it's morally wrong I only get 3 FP+ selections and in one park when other guests can pull as many as possible in multiple parks.
ldoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #398
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Disney is fully aware this is going and that is fine. It will end when it is suppose to. As to doing it now, really no foul.

We did not bring old tickets or KTTW back this trip, that is way more hassle than it is worth but we did use our Magicband to enter the park and we attempted to use our hard copy AP and KTTW and it was denied.

We were issued a fastpass ticket that said: this ticket media was not used for park entry, this pass is not valid.

So they know, they already have these passes printed to generate and they are testing at times, so you might get one and be denied. If they were not going to stop it, these tickets would not have been printed.

So enjoy for now.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #399
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Well then when I go in November and I can't pull paper fast passes with my KTTW card and I'm limited to only my 3 FP+s while people who are offsite (and giving Disney a whole lot less money) are allowed to pull as many FPs as they want I can guarantee you that you that your son will be getting an earful from me and Disney will learn that I'm not going to be paying more money to stay onsite for less benefits than those offsite have.

Get real lady. Do you realize how foolish your post sounded? Your son is a CM? Is that supposed to scare us or something? Do you realize how many CM's are on these boards? BTW, I wouldn't brag about my kid being on the My Magic + team considering how many glitches have been going on in that system.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #400
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

I guess the debauchery is over folks. A CM's mother is putting the hammer down. It was fun while it lasted.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #401
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I guess the debauchery is over folks. A CM's mother is putting the hammer down. It was fun while it lasted.
Thank you for that, I needed the chuckle.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #402
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a lot of CM friends, and believe me, what you are saying it's ridiculous.

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"

Mouse Rants Podcast

JRawkSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #403
rlbklein
Earning My Ears

Quote:
My son happens to be a CM at the MK, on the MyMagic + team. He's been working very hard for the past year, trying to phase this system in. Trust me, they are fully aware of this double dipping and be assured, it will have an end date, very soon. They are working on it as we speak. I think I'll be forwarding this thread on to him tonight, so they will be made fully aware of what folks are trying to do.
Since when is it your job or right or responsibility to be the FP police? You're not the CM, they are so let them do their jobs. I've already been told I shouldn't have MBs or FP+s because Disney can't get their IT crap together. Instead of making me, the *paying customer*, feel bad about something beyond my control, Disney should fix the glitches in the system!

And morally wrong my ****. The survey apparently asks about regular FP usage! Seems to me they expect guests to use both systems. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Their whole project is being handled very badly. I too am an IT person and when we mess up, we try to own up to it and fix it, but without blaming those who have no control!

past WDW trips: summer 1990, March 2007, October 2007, June 2010
rlbklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:23 AM   #404
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When I agreed to be a beta tester by customizing MBs and making FP+ reservations, the system specifically stated that I could use FP with my KTTW AND do the + as well. They MADE their system this way. If your son thinks they didn't then he's not in the loop.

Just like they didn't have to make the customize/FP+ popups live if they didn't want them to be, they didn't have to make it so that kttws without tickets attached could work the FP machines. They did this on purpose. There are no moral problems here; just using their system the way they made it.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:17 AM   #405
RMoneyTheHBomb
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Tell your son to work harder as this system clearly has a ton of issues.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
RMoneyTheHBomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: