Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #376
TammyC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric in TX View Post
I agree.

I think it's probably safe to assume that the legacy FP machines will be operational until whenever they roll out MB's to the Swolphin resorts and off-site guests.

The most likely scenario to affect double dipping will be when they decide that they no longer need to issue KTTW for on-site guests as a backup to the MB. That will be what effectively closes this loophole.

Swolphin and off-site will still be able to use the active legacy system with KTTW. On-site will not have KTTW and will therefore be restricted to FP+ via MB.

Personally, I'm hoping that check-ins through at least Nov 1 will still be getting KTTW as
backups

I am confused. I do not think that Swolphin or offsite guests would have a KTTW card.

T
Feb 2000 - CSR
Dec 2003 - Swan
Nov 2004 - AKL
May 2005 - Disney Wonder
Nov 2005 - POFQ
May 2006 - WL, Dolphin
Jan 2007 - Swan
Aug 2008 - Swan
Aug 2010 - AKL, Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2012 - Boardwalk Villas
Oct 2013 - BC
TammyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #377
f15robyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyC View Post
I am confused. I do not think that Swolphin or offsite guests would have a KTTW card.

T
Correct, but opening room doors, charging to the resort, DME and Disney Dining Plan aren't the only features of MyMagic+. Those are the kinds of things about a KTTW card that Swolphin guests don't get.

But turn-style free entrance to parks is part of MyMagic+. And FP+ is a key future feature of MyMagic+. Annual passholders, regardless of where they are staying, are going to have access to FP+ and Disney has said offsite guests will too. You can access those MyMagic+ features through magic bands or through RFID enabled tickets.

Disney has said that they will be distributing magic bands to annual passholders and offsite guests will have the option to buy bands and link their tickets so that they can use the bands instead of RFID tickets to get into parks and to access FP+ lines.

And I'm hoping eventually they'll be able to "read" resort dates off the magic bands so that we won't have to pull out either KTTW or Swolphin/Hilton room keys to prove we're allowed access to EMH.

Nothing's been announced as to how many FP+ anyone gets, how far in advance they can be booked and whether any of the above is different depending on "status" (AP holder vs resort guest with non-AP tickets vs off-site guest with non-AP tickets) once the program goes live. (Lots of info about what they're doing during testing, but that doesn't mean the current situations will carry over).
W.H. (with husband - who is my official enabler )
Jan 2008 - Off site; Jan 2009 - POR & BWV; May 2009 - Disneyland!!; Dec 2009 - CR; Jan/Feb 2010 - CR; Mar 2010 - Dolphin; Apr 2010 - BLT (hubby's last minute business trip); May 2010 - CR; Jun/Jul 2010 -CR (another hubby business trip); Sept 2010 - Dolphin; Nov 2010 - CR; Jan 2011 - Disneyland; Mar 2011 - Dolphin; July 2011 - CR; Sept 2011 - Dolphin & CR; Jan 2012 - CS, Dolphin & CR; Mar 2012 - Dolphin; Oct 2012 - Disneyland & CR & AoA; Jan 2013 - Dolphin; May 2013 - CR; Sept 2013 - Swan
f15robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #378
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyC View Post

T
I think this poster meant RFID tickets (which are cards), and not KTTW cards. If you've never stayed offsite and always had your park tickets put on your KTTW card, you might not know that there is actual RFID ticket media (i.e., the cards) out there.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #379
trstno1
I never look back, darling. It detracts from the now.

I apologize for asking this again, but I didn't get a response on a previous post. Do old KTTW cards with a magnetic stripe pull fast passes or must they be RF enabled? Thanks!
3/2010 - offsite
3/2008 - Disney Wonder, Port Orleans Riverside
1/2007 - Saratoga Springs
2/2005 - offsite
5/2004 - Marriott's Grande Vista
12/2002 - Marriott's Cyprus Harbour
12/1986 - camped offsite
trstno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #380
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by trstno1 View Post
I apologize for asking this again, but I didn't get a response on a previous post. Do old KTTW cards with a magnetic stripe pull fast passes or must they be RF enabled? Thanks!
Legacy FP kiosks use mag stripes and not RFID. Whether or not old ones work or not I think depends on if they ever had tickets on them, though not sure about that part.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #381
trstno1
I never look back, darling. It detracts from the now.

Thanks!
3/2010 - offsite
3/2008 - Disney Wonder, Port Orleans Riverside
1/2007 - Saratoga Springs
2/2005 - offsite
5/2004 - Marriott's Grande Vista
12/2002 - Marriott's Cyprus Harbour
12/1986 - camped offsite
trstno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #382
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidelhd View Post
We are staying at AoA 10/13-15 after a 3-night cruise on the Dream. We received our Magic Bands in the mail yesterday, about 36 hours after I customized them online.

We were hoping to get off the ship and drive straight to Magic Kingdom. I've picked 3 FP+ attractions for that morning and we have lunch at BOG. I spoke with a Cast Member, however, who told me that we would have to stop by AoA and check-in (even if it is 9am) in order to activate and use our MB for park admission and FP+ reservations. We have previously purchased MYW NE PH tickets that I already linked to our Magic Bands. We'll have those tickets with us as back-ups, just in case.

I did online check-in for AoA and linked my credit card for charging privileges on my wife's and my Magic Bands.

1) Do we really need to check in and get KTTW cards or can we go straight to MK? Do the MB really need to be activated at the resort or are they already good to go, as is? What truly would be the need for KTTW cards at MK?

2) Since we will have regular RFID tickets (now linked to Magic Bands) with us, can we use these to double-dip?
I don't think that I have seen an answer to these questions and I have the same issues. Can I go straight to the park without checking in and use my RFID ticket purchased from Disney (convention ticket)? And can I use the RFID ticket later to double dip all week? It is linked to my Magic Band and I will have KTTW after I check in. Going Oct 22-28.
donnishobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #383
Louisville
Earning My Ears

AK yesterday (neutral per UT crowd calendar), MK today (recommended per UT crowd calendar) - used KTTW and paper UT tickets to pull FP- at the same time. Traveling with an infant and they gave us a KTTW card for him which also is pulling FP-. Also using FP+ (we are staying at POP) via MBs. Took advantage to of the disconnected rides at MK. We literally have not waited in a single line. Why would anyone want to?

Observations:
1) When I enter I have been using my paper UT tickets rather than MBs or KTTW just to make sure they will pull FP-. Necessary? Anyone know? When I do, since they have removed all the old machines that read paper tickets, they make me step through the line to someone holding a device that will read the paper ticket. Then they want you to go to guest relations or somewhere and trade in for RF ticket. If I do this, will new ticket pull FP-? If not, I don't want to.

2) Before coming I gave a lot of thought to which rides where best for FP+. Went by MesaBoy's recommendations, which were excellent and well-thought out. In this temporary situation though were you can douple dip, I see a slight twist on a best strategy for us personally, and that is to make your FP+ reservations concentrating on rides that can have the longest waits but don't allow FP-. For example, today for us I wished I would have had FP+ for Haunted Mansion and Belle rather than Big Thunder or Space Mtn. Could have pulled FP- for those. Passed up Belle and Haunted Mansion because of 40 min and 25 min waits - will ride on another day this week when we go back (with FP+ reservations of course).

(I never liked lines. Now, with an infant and the current heat wave, I DETEST them! Absolutely no moral dilemmas for me - it is just a theme park folks. Every game has rules, learn them and use them to your advantage IMO.)
Louisville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #384
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville View Post
AK yesterday (neutral per UT crowd calendar), MK today (recommended per UT crowd calendar) - used KTTW and paper UT tickets to pull FP- at the same time. Traveling with an infant and they gave us a KTTW card for him which also is pulling FP-. Also using FP+ (we are staying at POP) via MBs. Took advantage to of the disconnected rides at MK. We literally have not waited in a single line. Why would anyone want to?

Observations:
1) When I enter I have been using my paper UT tickets rather than MBs or KTTW just to make sure they will pull FP-. Necessary? Anyone know? When I do, since they have removed all the old machines that read paper tickets, they make me step through the line to someone holding a device that will read the paper ticket. Then they want you to go to guest relations or somewhere and trade in for RF ticket. If I do this, will new ticket pull FP-? If not, I don't want to.
We are in lock-step with you. At the Pop, with MBs, with UT paper, at MK today based on UT crowd calendar. On the ferry ride over the CM said they were only expecting 30k today. Very good day at MK - best in a while for us.

We entered HS yesterday and MK today with MBs - and pulled FP- with both KTTW and UT paper.

Also today pulled Ariel with KTTW ...AND... Pooh with UT paper - back to back. The return time window was the SAME for both. I had subconsciously been pulling FP- with the rule you can't pull another one until the current window arrives. I didn't think about trying that until today. I had been using the KTTW and UT together and just riding the attraction twice. Duh. I knew they weren't verifying which media I used to enter the park. Didn't think about overlapping the KTTW and UT for FP- until today.
sargenca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #385
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Well...couldn't use UT paper at Soaring this morning (could use KTTW). It didn't spit out an error message - it just gave me my card back. Just FYI
Old 10-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #386
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenca View Post
Well...couldn't use UT paper at Soaring this morning (could use KTTW). It didn't spit out an error message - it just gave me my card back. Just FYI
Thanks going go with the KTTW card to pull paper FP will have tickets attached.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #387
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenca View Post
If it didn't error out then you just needed to try again, the machines are pretty finicky at times and doesn't read the cards.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #388
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post

If it didn't error out then you just needed to try again, the machines are pretty finicky at times and doesn't read the cards.
I was hoping it was finicky but tried twice and didn't want to draw attention to myself. Haha. I had a FP+ and KTTW FP and it was RD so stand-by was posted as 5 minutes. We rode twice and gave my paper FPs to a couple later who were going to get in line for 55 minutes.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #389
dawgsgirl
DIS Veteran

I stayed at CSR in Sept---no magic bands. I was able to pull regular old FP using my AP, current KTTK card and KTTK cards from Jan and May. None of the KTTK cards ever had tickets attached to them.
dawgsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #390
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

My son happens to be a CM at the MK, on the MyMagic + team. He's been working very hard for the past year, trying to phase this system in. Trust me, they are fully aware of this double dipping and be assured, it will have an end date, very soon. They are working on it as we speak.
I think I'll be forwarding this thread on to him tonight, so they will be made fully aware of what folks are trying to do.

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: