Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #361
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
Say if they are RO cards that someone from WDW resort put our undercover tourist tickets on last year?
Hmmmm.....not sure. I would say no, but just bring them and try them.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #362
mavadell
Mouseketeer

Can one member of your party use another member's fastpass +? Would you have to use their band to enter the ride?
mavadell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #363
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavadell View Post
Can one member of your party use another member's fastpass +? Would you have to use their band to enter the ride?
For now, the FP+ user must have a MagicBand. It is easy to transfer them to others.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #364
sue Z
Heading to the World soon!!!

this past week I hardly used my MB as the lines were 30 mins or under!!! used it for maybe 4 rides or shows but did like the opportunity of changing the FP+ while at the parks using my phone
Old 10-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #365
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyC View Post
Any update on using KTTW for FP at Animal Kingdom? We are planning to hop on our AK day. Wish I could make 1 FP+ at AK and 2 for other park. Hoping I might be able to pull 1 FP- while there but read that a few people recently were not able to get them at AK.

Thanks,
Tammy
I was able to pull regular fast pass in addition to my FP+ at AK on 9/28.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club Upcoming Trips: Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Tarheel girl 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #366
jimim
DIS Veteran

Friend just came back. Said it was still working. Cast member at wilderness lodge said 10/14 is go live day. That would be the second time I heard this now. From her and she doesn't belong here and once here. She mentioned it very randomly to me when we were talking.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House June 13th for the week.

Planning Old Key West for Columbus week for 6 nights and then off to a Disney Cruise for 3 nights!
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #367
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
Friend just came back. Said it was still working. Cast member at wilderness lodge said 10/14 is go live day. That would be the second time I heard this now. From her and she doesn't belong here and once here. She mentioned it very randomly to me when we were talking. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
CM dribble ... MB Rolls out to on site resorts 10/23. Are they saying no more paper FP or from KTTW cards??
Old 10-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #368
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
Friend just came back. Said it was still working. Cast member at wilderness lodge said 10/14 is go live day. That would be the second time I heard this now. From her and she doesn't belong here and once here. She mentioned it very randomly to me when we were talking.

10/14 is the date of the rollout at WL. People who check in there before that date are not testing MB. We check in the 19th, and got the letter inviting us to TEST.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #369
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowntoflorida View Post
10/14 is the date of the rollout at WL. People who check in there before that date are not testing MB. We check in the 19th, and got the letter inviting us to TEST.
ah I c. Didn't know that. Haven't been following what resorts roll out when.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House June 13th for the week.

Planning Old Key West for Columbus week for 6 nights and then off to a Disney Cruise for 3 nights!
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #370
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowntoflorida View Post
Well that makes sense then,,
Old 10-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #371
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer

We got MBs with stay at AoA in September (linked SAPs). Staying at CBR this weekend for ToT run and they said thy didn't have MB capability yet. However, our MBs did work As room keys. Will try charging on them tomorrow.

Double dipping we rode TSM 1x, ToT 2x, Star Tours 2x, and RnR 3x between 4-7pm. Not busy AT ALL. Walked on Star Tours, RnR, and ToT each once.

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD
MacClemsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #372
seidelhd
Mouseketeer

We are staying at AoA 10/13-15 after a 3-night cruise on the Dream. We received our Magic Bands in the mail yesterday, about 36 hours after I customized them online.

We were hoping to get off the ship and drive straight to Magic Kingdom. I've picked 3 FP+ attractions for that morning and we have lunch at BOG. I spoke with a Cast Member, however, who told me that we would have to stop by AoA and check-in (even if it is 9am) in order to activate and use our MB for park admission and FP+ reservations. We have previously purchased MYW NE PH tickets that I already linked to our Magic Bands. We'll have those tickets with us as back-ups, just in case.

I did online check-in for AoA and linked my credit card for charging privileges on my wife's and my Magic Bands.

1) Do we really need to check in and get KTTW cards or can we go straight to MK? Do the MB really need to be activated at the resort or are they already good to go, as is? What truly would be the need for KTTW cards at MK?

2) Since we will have regular RFID tickets (now linked to Magic Bands) with us, can we use these to double-dip?

3) My son and daughter still have older paper tickets with a mag-stripe. I think I linked them to their names online, but they are not showing up linked to their MB on MDE. I assume we'll just have them scan those at the turnstiles if their MB don't work. Will those still work for double-dipping as well?

Thanks!

seidelhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #373
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI - I got my letter yesterday for our stay, 10/31 - 11/09 and staying at OKW, to TEST the MagicBands. Testing is still going through November, so the KTTW cards should work. Additionally, remember Disney is not going to alienate the people staying off-site by getting rid of the FP machines with no warning.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #374
Eric in TX
Belle, it's about time you got your head out of those books and started thinking about more important things....like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Testing is still going through November, so the KTTW cards should work. Additionally, remember Disney is not going to alienate the people staying off-site by getting rid of the FP machines with no warning.
I agree.

I think it's probably safe to assume that the legacy FP machines will be operational until whenever they roll out MB's to the Swolphin resorts and off-site guests.

The most likely scenario to affect double dipping will be when they decide that they no longer need to issue KTTW for on-site guests as a backup to the MB. That will be what effectively closes this loophole.

Swolphin and off-site will still be able to use the active legacy system with KTTW. On-site will not have KTTW and will therefore be restricted to FP+ via MB.

Personally, I'm hoping that check-ins through at least Nov 1 will still be getting KTTW as backups
Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #375
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

there have been some rumors out that testing will continue through Novemeber but that a full roll out will happen in Dec.

I would think that the full roll out would make more sense in Jan after the crazy Christmas/New Year mayham. I can't even imagine dealing with the testing issues during the holidays.

That said I am one of the testers for FP+ in Oct. Given the ability to Double Dip, eh maybe. I doubt I'd even think twice about the 'fair' or 'moral' obigations. Since I do think that the 3 limit when anyone else can pull as many as thier time allows stinks. (I'm still thinking that once the testing is over that 3 limit will change, well at least I'm hopeful).

I've pre selected for my park days and as my mom is with me this trip we will be doing shorter park times than I would if I were going solo. I chose the 3 allowed FP+ with her in mind and her time limits in mind as well. Which is the really huge advantage to FP+. I'm dobutful that traditional FP will even help me on this trip, so I'll probably skip using it, but if I have the ability and we can fit it into her needs I might.

I had thought about FP+ing those shows and attractions that generally don't have paper FP and then using the KTTK for the actual headliners, but if they do discontinue paper FP I want to be sure to have the three that are most important for me.

If I were solo, traditional FP would work better for me so if I had both options I probably would do both.

Last edited by bookgirl; 10-04-2013 at 10:35 AM.
bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: