Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #331
wisblue
DIS Veteran
 
wisblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
If they are RO cards, they should all work.....for now.
I may take those cards with me to see just out of curiosity if I can use any or all of them to get FP's thru machines.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #332
delmar411
DIS Veteran
 
delmar411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 8,833

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
I'm intrigued by the reports that old room only KTTW cards can be used for FP's. We have been at WDW 3 times already this year because of a daughter starting the college program, and then getting promoted to a professional internship, and are going to visit again in November. I have 4 room only KTTW cards from this year (all of which had the RFID technology to get into the room, make charges, etc). I also have an annual pass.

When I go to MDE, all four of those room cards and my AP are shown as active cards. I also ordered and customized magic bands for our November trip and made FP+ reservations for each day of our stay.

I understand, and was told on the phone, that I will receive a new room card even though I will be getting a MB and that I should carry that and my AP in case there is a problem with the MB. Are you telling me that I could use any of these old KTTW cards, plus my AP and the new KTTW card, to get FP's out of the machines? I wouldn't really do that, but it amazes me if I could.

I wonder if those old cards work because they are linked to your account on MDE. I also wonder if the system would let you use any ONE of those cards but not more than one from one person's account on the same day.

The "double dipping" seems fair to me because of the testing aspect of the MB system, but if you can use more than one card to get FPs, that seems like a glitch in the system which is being allowed for now because not many people would know about it and/or have the gall to exploit it.

I should add one more perspective to the complaints about "double dipping". I want to try the MB and FP+ on our upcoming trip to see how it works. Because the main purpose of our trip is to visit our daughter and attend the Food and Wine Festival, I'm not concerned about whether FP+ affects the number of overall FPs we can get. But, one aspect of the system for now is that cast members who enter the park with their cast member ID's cannot link their tickets to an MB (even if she is staying in the room with us and will be getting an MB). Therefore, she cannot use FP+. So, we may not use our FP+ when our daughter is with us because she wouldn't be able to join us on the attraction. I have to assume that CMs will eventually be able to use FP+ if and when it becomes the exclusive method for FP's. Otherwise, families of CMs who enter the parks on the CM's gate pass would be aced out of the FP system completely.
Yes, you can use any and ALL of those media to pull FPs on any given day. Right now from this summer I have 12 key cards, plus my AP plus my MB plus the kids MBs. I can go into a park and at the same time pull 13 paper FPs and use all 5 MBs. With only me in the park. So in theory I could be holding 18 FPs for the same attraction at the same time for 1 person.

Obviously I'm not doing that and I certainly don't have time for such silliness but we do collect paper FPs to add to our collection so I do pull them 2 at a time to bring home.
__________________
Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one. ~Abbott Joseph Liebling
The test of democracy is freedom of criticism. ~David Ben-Gurion
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. ~Noam Chomsky
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #333
ses1230
DIS Veteran
 
ses1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philly 'burbs
Posts: 6,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
Yes, you can use any and ALL of those media to pull FPs on any given day. Right now from this summer I have 12 key cards, plus my AP plus my MB plus the kids MBs. I can go into a park and at the same time pull 13 paper FPs and use all 5 MBs. With only me in the park. So in theory I could be holding 18 FPs for the same attraction at the same time for 1 person. Obviously I'm not doing that and I certainly don't have time for such silliness but we do collect paper FPs to add to our collection so I do pull them 2 at a time to bring home.
Any idea how long regular FP will be available for guests that have Magic Bands / FP+?

I'm wondering if we will still have access to legacy FP in December.
__________________


1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #334
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,068

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
Any idea how long regular FP will be available for guests that have Magic Bands / FP+?

I'm wondering if we will still have access to legacy FP in December.
No idea. I am really hoping we will. I can't see them removing it when AP holders (without resort reservations) and offsite guests don't have any access. Then they'd have nothing.
But I never say never when it comes to Disney and this stuff because they've already shocked the heck out of me with some of these decisions.
__________________
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #335
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 28,556

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
No idea. I am really hoping we will. I can't see them removing it when AP holders (without resort reservations) and offsite guests don't have any access. Then they'd have nothing.
But I never say never when it comes to Disney and this stuff because they've already shocked the heck out of me with some of these decisions.
They don't have to physically remove the old FP machines to stop the double dipping. They just need to get to a point where the Magicbands work well enough they don't have to back them up with KTTW cards for everyone (make it either/or).........and reprogram the machines to only take media that was used to enter the park that day.

2 problems with this of course:

1) Wanting a Disney IT system to be glitch free...... hmmmmmm.....

and

2) Then the onsite guests would be limited to 3 Fps per day while everyone would still be able to get as many as possible.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #336
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,068

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
They don't have to physically remove the old FP machines to stop the double dipping. They just need to get to a point where the Magicbands work well enough they don't have to back them up with KTTW cards for everyone (make it either/or).........and reprogram the machines to only take media that was used to enter the park that day.

2 problems with this of course:

1) Wanting a Disney IT system to be glitch free...... hmmmmmm.....

and

2) Then the onsite guests would be limited to 3 Fps per day while everyone would still be able to get as many as possible.

Yep. And I wait with my breath held. We won't be able to make fastpass+ until we get there. So I won't be pleased being limited to 3 AND having to make them when I check in. Bleh. But I've done enough whining that I am sure all Disboarders are intimately aware of my ticket issues at this point lol.
__________________
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #337
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran
 
RedHeadedFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: S Florida
Posts: 1,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
Yes, you can use any and ALL of those media to pull FPs on any given day. Right now from this summer I have 12 key cards, plus my AP plus my MB plus the kids MBs. I can go into a park and at the same time pull 13 paper FPs and use all 5 MBs. With only me in the park. So in theory I could be holding 18 FPs for the same attraction at the same time for 1 person.

Obviously I'm not doing that and I certainly don't have time for such silliness but we do collect paper FPs to add to our collection so I do pull them 2 at a time to bring home.
Us too - we had 6 Key Cards used for RO ressies from Oct & Dec 2012 & our 3 AP's = 9 total cards so we could each pull 3 FP's simultaneously for the same rides OR spread them out & FP different rides without having to wait for the normal window of time needed between pulling FP's. If it was just me in the park alone I could have used all 6 Key Cards & my AP & pulled 7 FP's at a time for myself.

Like you we did NOT do this - we saved the extra FPs for our scrapbooks and rode standby because the lines were more than reasonable during Sept anyway.
__________________
Me DH DD9
RedHeadedFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #338
TammyC
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,081

Any update on using KTTW for FP at Animal Kingdom? We are planning to hop on our AK day. Wish I could make 1 FP+ at AK and 2 for other park. Hoping I might be able to pull 1 FP- while there but read that a few people recently were not able to get them at AK.

Thanks,
Tammy
__________________
****************
As a child - Poly
198? - Orange Lake
Feb 2000 - CSR
Dec 2003 - Swan
Nov 2004 - AKL
May 2005 - Disney Wonder
Nov 2005 - POFQ
May 2006 - WL, Dolphin
Jan 2007 - Swan
Aug 2008 - Swan
Aug 2010 - AKL, Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2012 - Boardwalk Villas
Oct 2013 - BC
TammyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #339
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran
 
wendybeth75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: KY
Posts: 1,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyC View Post
Any update on using KTTW for FP at Animal Kingdom? We are planning to hop on our AK day. Wish I could make 1 FP+ at AK and 2 for other park. Hoping I might be able to pull 1 FP- while there but read that a few people recently were not able to get them at AK.

Thanks,
Tammy
I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if we should use the KTTW card to enter AK so that our FP will work there? Conversely if we do that will our FP+not work on our bands because we didnt enter the park using that?
__________________
Wendybeth

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 weekend Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL June 2014 POR

wendybeth75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:25 AM   #340
mickeysmith
Mouseketeer
 
mickeysmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyC View Post
Any update on using KTTW for FP at Animal Kingdom? We are planning to hop on our AK day. Wish I could make 1 FP+ at AK and 2 for other park. Hoping I might be able to pull 1 FP- while there but read that a few people recently were not able to get them at AK. Thanks, Tammy
I wonder if anyone there recently has any new info on this?
__________________
'05 ASMo; '06 Pop; '07 Pop; '09 Pop; '11 Pop; '12 Pop; '13 Pop
mickeysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:33 AM   #341
Wadecool
DIS Veteran
 
Wadecool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Elizabethtown, KY
Posts: 4,138

We will be checking into AoA Oct 5th and have our FP+ booked for every day in the parks. I have been told by every CM I spoke to that I can also use traditional FP's. I don't feel bad at all using a system offered to me by WDW. I'd be silly not to.
__________________
Wadecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #342
Wadecool
DIS Veteran
 
Wadecool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Elizabethtown, KY
Posts: 4,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyC View Post
Any update on using KTTW for FP at Animal Kingdom? We are planning to hop on our AK day. Wish I could make 1 FP+ at AK and 2 for other park. Hoping I might be able to pull 1 FP- while there but read that a few people recently were not able to get them at AK. Thanks, Tammy
As far as I know, we will be able to use our KTTW card at every park along with FP+. Is there information to the contrary?
__________________
Wadecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #343
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran
 
RedHeadedFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: S Florida
Posts: 1,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyC
Any update on using KTTW for FP at Animal Kingdom? We are planning to hop on our AK day. Wish I could make 1 FP+ at AK and 2 for other park. Hoping I might be able to pull 1 FP- while there but read that a few people recently were not able to get them at AK.

Thanks,
Tammy
We were able to use expired KTTW cards at AK last Saturday to pull FP for EE, Dinosaur & Kali. I imagine that if THAT method works, your current/active cards will continue to work as well.
__________________
Me DH DD9
RedHeadedFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:16 AM   #344
ktmo
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 394

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendybeth75 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if we should use the KTTW card to enter AK so that our FP will work there? Conversely if we do that will our FP+not work on our bands because we didnt enter the park using that?
This is what I was thinking. Most of our FP+ are for the evenings. I was thinking about using our KTTW card to enter the parks in the morning (in park 1) and then use our MBs in the evenings (park 2). Just to make sure that we can pull FPs in the morning.
__________________
Katie - mom to two girls 5/05 and 4/07.
Spring Break 2010 - All-Star Music
October 2011 - Changed to Beach Club Villas
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2013 - 4 nights on the Dream
October 2013 - Art of Animation
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #345
PEANUT1
You can Fly!
 
PEANUT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burlington, New Jersey
Posts: 2,451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadecool View Post
As far as I know, we will be able to use our KTTW card at every park along with FP+. Is there information to the contrary?
When I called yesterday, the CM I spoke to told me that you are not "supposed" to do both the fastpass plus and regular fastpass but if you are able to do it, then there is nothing they can do about it. It seems that it depends on who you talk to. So strange.
__________________
Andrea & Bob Belle 10 , Abby 7
PEANUT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: