Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #316
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Wow!
So you can pull FP- on old room keys that don't have any tix attached to them?

ANY old room keys?
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #317
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
Wow!

ANY old room keys?
I don't know how old. My keys are from July and Aug so I have more than enough. I haven't dug out older keys.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #318
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
Wow!

ANY old room keys?
I tried last week with some old keys from January 2013 (with all ticket days used) and they did NOT work. I got a Fastpass-looking slip that said "this is not a valid Fastpass. This ticket was not used for admission today."
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #319
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

How random...
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #320
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaBi View Post
I tried last week with some old keys from January 2013 (with all ticket days used) and they did NOT work. I got a Fastpass-looking slip that said "this is not a valid Fastpass. This ticket was not used for admission today."
No, they will not work because you had tickets on those keys. Old keys will only work if they are room only, with no tickets ever attached to them.
Disneylover99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #321
disneypolybride2008
DIS Veteran

can someone explain how i was able to book FP+ because when i called disney the CM said my resort was not testing at the time of my visit and that i was not selected. then i did online check-in and was able to do it. Is it open to everyone for early Nov, or was that CM wrong? i did not get an email or invite any other way. I'm certainly happy that i was able to do it.. very.. but i just keep wondering.

disneypolybride2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #322
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
No, they will not work because you had tickets on those keys. Old keys will only work if they are room only, with no tickets ever attached to them.
I have some old keys in my "one day I'll scrapbook all this stuff" box from May 2013 when I went with my AP... very curious to try this out!!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #323
TreeSapp
That weird guest in line who'll talk to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypolybride2008 View Post
can someone explain how i was able to book FP+ because when i called disney the CM said my resort was not testing at the time of my visit and that i was not selected. then i did online check-in and was able to do it. Is it open to everyone for early Nov, or was that CM wrong? i did not get an email or invite any other way. I'm certainly happy that i was able to do it.. very.. but i just keep wondering.
Do you have MBs from previous trip?
TreeSapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #324
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypolybride2008 View Post
I don't know.

I'm at a testing resort, I was able to customize MBs and receive them, I continue to be able to book/modify FP+, and I NEVER got an invite. Go figure! Oh and we leave for POR on Friday.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #325
seidelhd
Mouseketeer

I just found this thread about double-dipping. I'm going to look and see if my question was already answered, but have limited time, so I wanted to go ahead and post.

We have until midnight tomorrow to choose to be testers for Magic Band and FP+ for our trip 10/13-10/15 (2 adults and 3 kids). We already have PH NE tickets to use. We also have 2 non-ticket KTTW cards from earlier this year.

Any reason NOT to sign up for FP+? From my quick reading, it sounds like we will be able to still get regular FP-, which is very important based on our touring. Thanks.

seidelhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #326
wisblue
DIS Veteran

I'm intrigued by the reports that old room only KTTW cards can be used for FP's. We have been at WDW 3 times already this year because of a daughter starting the college program, and then getting promoted to a professional internship, and are going to visit again in November. I have 4 room only KTTW cards from this year (all of which had the RFID technology to get into the room, make charges, etc). I also have an annual pass.

When I go to MDE, all four of those room cards and my AP are shown as active cards. I also ordered and customized magic bands for our November trip and made FP+ reservations for each day of our stay.

I understand, and was told on the phone, that I will receive a new room card even though I will be getting a MB and that I should carry that and my AP in case there is a problem with the MB. Are you telling me that I could use any of these old KTTW cards, plus my AP and the new KTTW card, to get FP's out of the machines? I wouldn't really do that, but it amazes me if I could.

I wonder if those old cards work because they are linked to your account on MDE. I also wonder if the system would let you use any ONE of those cards but not more than one from one person's account on the same day.

The "double dipping" seems fair to me because of the testing aspect of the MB system, but if you can use more than one card to get FPs, that seems like a glitch in the system which is being allowed for now because not many people would know about it and/or have the gall to exploit it.

I should add one more perspective to the complaints about "double dipping". I want to try the MB and FP+ on our upcoming trip to see how it works. Because the main purpose of our trip is to visit our daughter and attend the Food and Wine Festival, I'm not concerned about whether FP+ affects the number of overall FPs we can get. But, one aspect of the system for now is that cast members who enter the park with their cast member ID's cannot link their tickets to an MB (even if she is staying in the room with us and will be getting an MB). Therefore, she cannot use FP+. So, we may not use our FP+ when our daughter is with us because she wouldn't be able to join us on the attraction. I have to assume that CMs will eventually be able to use FP+ if and when it becomes the exclusive method for FP's. Otherwise, families of CMs who enter the parks on the CM's gate pass would be aced out of the FP system completely.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #327
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidelhd View Post
I just found this thread about double-dipping. I'm going to look and see if my question was already answered, but have limited time, so I wanted to go ahead and post.

We have until midnight tomorrow to choose to be testers for Magic Band and FP+ for our trip 10/13-10/15 (2 adults and 3 kids). We already have PH NE tickets to use. We also have 2 non-ticket KTTW cards from earlier this year.

Any reason NOT to sign up for FP+? From my quick reading, it sounds like we will be able to still get regular FP-, which is very important based on our touring. Thanks.
By all accounts, including what I have been told directly, you will still be able to get FPs the old fashioned way. So, I see no reason not to sign up for FP+. If you end up not using any of the FP+ reservations, you won't have lost anything.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:06 AM   #328
mom23guys2
Longs to hear....."A table for HOW MANY??"

I'm not sure if this has been answered but here goes. I'll be staying three nights in Nov at AKL. I have customized my MBs and dome FPs for those days. We have an AP voucher which is linked. After those three night we will be moving to a time share with two other couples. Can I then use a hard copy of my AP to get regular FPs so all six of us will be able to go together? Will I actually get a paper/plastic AP. when I turn in my voucher? So confusing.
mom23guys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:20 AM   #329
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidelhd View Post

If you do not customize magic bands now, you will still be given Magicbands at check in for charging purposes. Either way, you will be given KTTW cards.

You might as well customize them so you can choose your own colour. You can choose to not book FP+ but as of right now, there is no reason not to.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #330
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=wisblue;49709935)

I wonder if those old cards work because they are linked to your account on MDE. I also wonder if the system would let you use any ONE of those cards but not more than one from one person's account on the same day.

[/QUOTE]

If they are RO cards, they should all work.....for now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: