Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 06:19 AM   #271
bjakmom


DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 5,011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkA77 View Post
Wait, old room keys can be used to pull fast passes?
I believe consensus is that it's specifically old KTTWs that are RFID enhanced with no park tickets (ever?) attached to them.
I'm not positive about the 'ever' part.
__________________
"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there, with open arms and open eyes" - Incubus

bjakmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #272
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Just East of Toronto
Posts: 7,559

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
I believe consensus is that it's specifically old KTTWs that are RFID enhanced with no park tickets (ever?) attached to them.
I'm not positive about the 'ever' part.
Yes, if there were park tickets attached to the card, they don't work.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #273
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran
 
patrickpiteo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Middle Village, NY USA
Posts: 1,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkA77 View Post
Wait, old room keys can be used to pull fast passes?
Has always been like that
__________________
patrickpiteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #274
MouseMomma0304
Earning My Ears
 
MouseMomma0304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: I wish I could say Orlando! :(
Posts: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
It has been given automatically so far.
Ok, in order to "double dip", would we have to go into the park twice? Once with our Magic Bands and once with our KTTW card? And what about on our Christmas Party Day? We have hard tickets for that. Can I reserve FP+ for during the party? Do they have the regular FP kiosks open and available during the party?

BTW I don't consider it double dipping because if you don't have the MB testing option then you can pretty much get unlimited fast passes...or at least more than 3. Not to mention you can get them whenever you like...at whichever park you like. We are screwed on the days we park hop. I had to reserve all fp+ selections for the same park. So having the KTTW card will be nice.
__________________
MouseMomma!

MouseMomma0304 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #275
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,663

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomma0304 View Post
Ok, in order to "double dip", would we have to go into the park twice? Once with our Magic Bands and once with our KTTW card? And what about on our Christmas Party Day? We have hard tickets for that. Can I reserve FP+ for during the party? Do they have the regular FP kiosks open and available during the party?

BTW I don't consider it double dipping because if you don't have the MB testing option then you can pretty much get unlimited fast passes...or at least more than 3. Not to mention you can get them whenever you like...at whichever park you like. We are screwed on the days we park hop. I had to reserve all fp+ selections for the same park. So having the KTTW card will be nice.
You only need to enter with the MBs. The KTTW cards are already active.

No FPs of any kind during parties.
__________________
WDW: 46 visits (5 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #276
Day-Day
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bartlett, Tennessee
Posts: 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomma0304 View Post
Ok, in order to "double dip", would we have to go into the park twice? Once with our Magic Bands and once with our KTTW card? And what about on our Christmas Party Day? We have hard tickets for that. Can I reserve FP+ for during the party? Do they have the regular FP kiosks open and available during the party?

BTW I don't consider it double dipping because if you don't have the MB testing option then you can pretty much get unlimited fast passes...or at least more than 3. Not to mention you can get them whenever you like...at whichever park you like. We are screwed on the days we park hop. I had to reserve all fp+ selections for the same park. So having the KTTW card will be nice.
In our case two weeks ago, we only entered once using the MB. Our KTTW cards worked at the FP machines.
Day-Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #277
JanaDee
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,972

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomma0304 View Post

BTW I don't consider it double dipping because if you don't have the MB testing option then you can pretty much get unlimited fast passes...or at least more than 3. Not to mention you can get them whenever you like...at whichever park you like. We are screwed on the days we park hop. I had to reserve all fp+ selections for the same park. So having the KTTW card will be nice.
That is how FP+ is designed and is another negative of the new system.
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #278
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran
 
patrickpiteo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Middle Village, NY USA
Posts: 1,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaDee View Post
That is how FP+ is designed and is another negative of the new system.
Might change when fully rolled out... ??
__________________
patrickpiteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #279
JanaDee
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,972

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo View Post
Might change when fully rolled out... ??
It may or may not.. For future guests sake, I hope it will.
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #280
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran
 
patrickpiteo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Middle Village, NY USA
Posts: 1,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaDee View Post
It may or may not.. For future guests sake, I hope it will.
Yup
__________________
patrickpiteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #281
Poohsmommi
Mouseketeer
 
Poohsmommi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Florida - close to the Mouse!
Posts: 439

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin'Mike View Post
THIS. I only wanted to book FP+ for TT and Soarin' but MDE kept trying to force a Mission Space one on me too. I decided to add on Maelstrom, since I know we'll probably ride it, but I didn't really want or need it. I almost booked the third one for Figment, just to see if any CM's would be shocked that someone actually did.
Awww, I love Figment LOL
Poohsmommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #282
asmit4
DIS Veteran
 
asmit4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,572

It had better change our they are going to find that people will not be buying park hoppers. I won't buy park hoppers if it doesn't. It's an extra 50 or so bucks last I checked--not worth it if I can't use FPs. I refuse to stand in line for more than 30 minutes for ANYTHING. We try to plan for 15 minutes or less for every ride.
__________________
1988, 1990, 1994, 2000- offsite
October 2007-ASMU/AKL
September 2008 - AS Sports
November 2013- Wyndham Bonnet Creek/AS Sports
October 2014- DVC- Saratoga Springs/Wyndham BC
asmit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #283
mickeysmith
Mouseketeer
 
mickeysmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmit4 View Post
It had better change our they are going to find that people will not be buying park hoppers. I won't buy park hoppers if it doesn't. It's an extra 50 or so bucks last I checked--not worth it if I can't use FPs. I refuse to stand in line for more than 30 minutes for ANYTHING. We try to plan for 15 minutes or less for every ride.
I agree! I am glad we can use FP- right now. 3 for just one park would not set well with my park-hopping self!
__________________
'05 ASMo; '06 Pop; '07 Pop; '09 Pop; '11 Pop; '12 Pop; '13 Pop; '14 HRH; '15 Pop
mickeysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #284
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran
 
patrickpiteo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Middle Village, NY USA
Posts: 1,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmith View Post
I agree! I am glad we can use FP- right now. 3 for just one park would not set well with my park-hopping self!
I gotta think Disney knows this will adjust IMHO I doubt they wanna lose that PH $
__________________
patrickpiteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #285
Mizzgolitely
Mouseketeer
 
Mizzgolitely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ametista View Post
Well, as one of the grunts who didn't get FP+ it isn't really fair if you guys get both. Just sayin'. I am pretty grumpy that I don't get FP+.
totally agree - this whole double dipping thing kinda defeats the purpose of fast pass... I mean - it seems like it's just not going to be a positive thing. whatever happened to just waiting on line period lol
Mizzgolitely is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: