Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #226
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel on Land

Yeah, I planned all this out 5.5 months ago- WAY before any of this FP+ business was even close to being in the works. I had NO clue what mess it was going to create. We have military passes which automatically come w/ hoppers, so I planned accordingly. You have no idea how badly I wish I had done my ADRs differently, and now it's too late to change it up and get what we want. We've been several times in the past few years, so I had a good touring plan system down--- needless to say, I have no clue how we're going to tour now if we can't use the normal fastpasses.
It probably wont make you feel better but know that you are not alone...
I dont have the park hopper issue but I can relate to the rest. I too wish I had scheduled different ADRs and Im trying to switch some of them. Part of my issue is because we changed our dates and part of it is because Disney updated park hours.
I also have a touring plan/style that I like. I was already worried about how adding another family of 1st vistors would affect my plans but now all these changes arent helping at all.
Im sure we will both adapt and learn a new way of touring if necessary. Maybe we'll like the new system better(this is me trying to stay positive..lol).

Nov. 2008- POR and FW........June 2011-POP

Oct. 13th-18th, 2013--Rolling Hills and 1st visit to US/IOA
Oct. 18th-26th, 2013--POP(taking friends for their 1st visit & to celebrate their DD's 7th B-day)

GhostLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #227
cobright
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444

So you agree it awards an advantage to the tester?

Not necessarily. I'm saying that participating in the mb testing has a value. If it didn't, no one would want it. Like everything else, it also has costs that go along with it.

As one reader so far has keyed in on, when I say 'cost' I'm using the economic term and not a simple synonymn for 'price'. The cost of a thing includes its price and any of a number of non financial elements.

So to compare only the benefits of using legacy fastpass and the new fp+ is using flawed logic without also considering the costs.

The cost of using paper fp is primarily the price of admission to the park. Like non-mb users, I pay admission to the park so I get to use paper fastpasses.

The cost of using fp+ is participating in the mb test which entails numerous costs such as uncertainty, risk, and opportunity.

Uncertainty is a cost in that being certain that I will be able to get into my room or into the park without hassle is a valuable feature. Why does AAA get more for there towing insurence than most others? Because if you have aaa you know a tow truck will come get you if you break down.

Risk is a cost, if it wasn't, smokers would pay the same for health insurance as I do. I lost 11 or 12 pp+ pics so far because I didnt have the pp+ card handy and just had them put to the mb. My one time to get a pic of me fist bumping russel and dug and im still not sure they will find it (been 2 days now). But that's a risk that goes along with trusting a brand new program.

Opportunity is a cost in the sense that every time there is a snag in the system I have to give up the opportunity to spend time with my kids or time getting a pedicure with my wife or time saying vulgar things about rude customers to the workers in world showcase in their own language to see the look on their faces. You know, having fun in wdw; when something goes wrong I pay for it by giving up something I would rather be doing in order to straighten it all out. The value of what I give up is my cost.

In short, yes being a mb tester has a value to me. As well, its costs are generally low and do not represent any sort of monetary hardship, but that doesnt make them insignificant. Without the value if 3 additional fp opportunities I would never gave signed up for the test.
cobright is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 01:01 AM   #228
Poohsmommi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
Just FYI... only resort guests have MagicBands as of now so therefore you shouldn't need your KTTW card to prove you're eligible for EMH.
Unless every CM has a way to check the check out date on the MB, then I will need my room key. Lots of people try to "sneak in" or stay in once the park is closed to the public. The room key has been the only way to prove you are entitled to be there.
Poohsmommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:09 AM   #229
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohsmommi

Unless every CM has a way to check the check out date on the MB, then I will need my room key. Lots of people try to "sneak in" or stay in once the park is closed to the public. The room key has been the only way to prove you are entitled to be there.
Im pretty sure I have read reports that CMs are now scanning MBs during extra magic hours so I assume they are able to check for dates that way. I plan to have my KTTW with me at all times just in case though.

Oct. 18th-26th, 2013--POP(taking friends for their 1st visit & to celebrate their DD's 7th B-day)

Old 09-26-2013, 03:53 AM   #230
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostLady View Post

Im pretty sure I have read reports that CMs are now scanning MBs during extra magic hours so I assume they are able to check for dates that way. I plan to have my KTTW with me at all times just in case though.
We're here now, and at last night's EMH no one scanned our MB. It was all KTTW cards
heathere3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:02 AM   #231
mommy3
Disney Dreamin'

We were at wdw a month ago and had a CM say that they affectionately call the magic bands 'tragic bands'. I knew then that we were lucky to not have been part of the testing phase! Not sure i would have been able to handle the stress.....
Old 09-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #232
Qmom
Mistress of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama

Just FYI... only resort guests have MagicBands as of now so therefore you shouldn't need your KTTW card to prove you're eligible for EMH.
We were told at check-in that we need the KTTW for EMH. We've used MB and KTTW for FP+ and FP. No troubles so far (2 days in and keeping fingers crossed)!

Contemporary Sept 2009 • Contemporary Nov 2010 • AKL Sept 2011 • Contemporary Sept 2012 • AoA Sept 2013 • The Cabins Oct 2014
Qmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #233
TreeSapp
That weird guest in line who'll talk to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel on Land View Post

Yeah, I planned all this out 5.5 months ago- WAY before any of this FP+ business was even close to being in the works. I had NO clue what mess it was going to create. We have military passes which automatically come w/ hoppers, so I planned accordingly. You have no idea how badly I wish I had done my ADRs differently, and now it's too late to change it up and get what we want. We've been several times in the past few years, so I had a good touring plan system down--- needless to say, I have no clue how we're going to tour now if we can't use the normal fastpasses.
I know it won't solve all your problems, but maybe it'll relieve a little of the stress: if you're not there on a high crown day, plan your FP+ for the park you'll be in midday. Wherever you are in the morning will be quiet from rope drop til noon or so. And wherever you are after 7pm tends to thin down too.
TreeSapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #234
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran

I really hope that those of you testing the FP+ and saying you would NEVER have agreed to test it if you were truly limited to 3 FP a day (which is everyone in this thread I believe) are telling Disney that! Disney needs to know that being limited to 3 is NOT an improvement.

For some reason Disney believes that everyone LOVES this new system and I expect its because people aren't letting Disney know that if they weren't able to use the legacy system they would NOT be happy.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #235
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathere3

We're here now, and at last night's EMH no one scanned our MB. It was all KTTW cards
Thanks..thats good to know. Gives me another good reason to insist on a KTTW. Not that they would refuse to give me one but trying to cover all my bases..lol

Were you able to pull paper FPs with your KTTW???

Old 09-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #236
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmom

We've used MB and KTTW for FP+ and FP. No troubles so far (2 days in and keeping fingers crossed)!
Thanks for reporting that good news.
Have a great trip!!!

Old 09-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #237
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshannon View Post
I really hope that those of you testing the FP+ and saying you would NEVER have agreed to test it if you were truly limited to 3 FP a day (which is everyone in this thread I believe) are telling Disney that! Disney needs to know that being limited to 3 is NOT an improvement.

For some reason Disney believes that everyone LOVES this new system and I expect its because people aren't letting Disney know that if they weren't able to use the legacy system they would NOT be happy.
I can promise you this is not the case.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #238
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshannon

I would have probably still agreed to test even with the limit but I am going in October. Summer or Christmas season...no way. The main reason I am concerned is because I want to know there is a back up option in case of glitches. Ive had enough problems just trying to book the FP+ so Im not expecting things to go smoothly when I get there.

I definitely plan to let them know about all the issues Ive had so far and anything that comes up during the test including the limit of 3 & the limit of one park per day. Im sure my voice doesnt count for much but hopefully enough people will voice similar opinions and possibly make a difference.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #239
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshannon View Post

I absolutely let them know this when I filled out the post trip "testing" survey. They asked a lot if questions specifically related to FP- use and FP+ use. They are aware people are currently using both, and they are asking questions on the survey accordingly. I can only hope and pray that they LISTEN to us when we tell them that 3 FP per day is NOT enough.
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #240
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not necessarily. I'm saying that participating in the mb testing has a value. If it didn't, no one would want it. Like everything else, it also has costs that go along with it.
Nobody said participating in MB testing didn't have it's qualms, I am just saying there is a major advantage to participating in MB testing right as long as you can use both FP systems. That's not a level playing field.

The positives of using both FP systems definitely outweigh the negatives, which is the reason so many people LOVE the testing and so many more wouldn't even consider it if they couldn't use the paper FP system.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: